A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly?

Author Topic: local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Slap Happy

Life ain't fair, buy a helmet.

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 11:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Juiceb0xhero

09.13.11 22:42:16 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157: #-1 is not a valid surface index in [#0,#10758)

This is your error, NOT the "local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly" which occurs in many/most debug messages

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 03:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Google didn't bring up anything on this error... and judging by the -1 surface index I suspect hacked tool for bsp?

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 02:00 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
More than likely the error means that something is touching something that isn't supposed to be touched/cannot be touched.

This thread on another forum had the same error come up, and it had to do with geometry errors and how the game crashed whenever something touched the entrance of both pyramids.

Is this being built from a jms file or is it already compiled (aka has a .scenario and everything)? If so, open Sapien and find out what spot causes the game the crash. Since you said every time you test, the game crashes, I suggest you look at where your player spawns.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 02:00 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
nvm
Edited by ally on Sep 15, 2011 at 02:01 AM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 03:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Codebrain
More than likely the error means that something is touching something that isn't supposed to be touched/cannot be touched.

This thread on another forum had the same error come up, and it had to do with geometry errors and how the game crashed whenever something touched the entrance of both pyramids.

Is this being built from a jms file or is it already compiled (aka has a .scenario and everything)? If so, open Sapien and find out what spot causes the game the crash. Since you said every time you test, the game crashes, I suggest you look at where your player spawns.
This person did, however, use a hacked tool for bsp compilation.

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 04:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Still, here we are, with the same error as in that thread, only now there is no hacked tool to blame it on.

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 05:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Yep, I would of thought that after 8 posts, somebody would of at least had some advice, I thought wrong.

Did you do what i asked?

Quote: --- Original message by: Codebrain
Is this being built from a jms file or is it already compiled (aka has a .scenario and everything)? If so, open Sapien and find out what spot causes the game to crash. Since you said every time you test, the game crashes, I suggest you look at where your player spawns.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 06:21 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Yep, I would of thought that after 8 posts, somebody would of at least had some advice, I thought wrong.
You have to find out what's wrong by process of elimination. Compile a blank scenario to see if it's something in your globals, if that compiled then it's a tag in your scenario. Remove references to the newest things you added into your scenario until it works.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 4:54 AM 547 ms.
A Halo Maps Website