A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac (140 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 02:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 140       
Alright, ladies and gents. Who wants to collaborate to make a truly epic total conversion mod to bring the Halo: CE Anniversary experience to PC/Mac?

I already have:

Weapons Tags

Updated HUD

Grenade effects

First Person Hands

New remastered Master Chief biped

What I'm looking for...

- A multiplayer map containing the basic components for a quality CE Firefight experience. Just give me the map with a good engine, and I'll take care of the rest.

- Remastered bitmaps for any or all maps in the campaign and multiplayer. If you are able, I'd appreciate it that you send me a map with the bitmaps for that map already there. All the other custom content would then be built onto that map. Bitmaps, for me, are the first step in making the campaign and multiplayer look new. That, my friends, is the springboard.

- Remastered NPC bipeds, including Keyes, the Marines, Cortana, the Covenant, the Flood, EVERYTHING AND/OR ANYTHING that can be modded.

- A few Halo 2 map ports for CE. Some of the larger maps are preferred, but whatever you can do is appreciated!

Let's put our creative heads together and make this the most amazing mod ever! Anyone interested, keep this thread going! :)
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 03:44 PM

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 02:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 140       
I'm sorry, but I don't see this happening. Doing a remake of CEA/HA10/whatever on a different engine without Microsoft's/343i's explicit permission is illegal and can land you in jail.

Not to mention that your personal text says you're an amateur modder, so how in the world could you even make (let alone gain access to) remastered bipeds, HUD, etc.?

Even though I'd absolutely LOVE to have CEA on PC, it's just not happening.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 03:01 PM    Msg. 3 of 140       
Oh my Lord just stop talking UBE Chief. Making a Halo CE mod to match the anniversary style will not get you in jail
Edited by TM_updates on Sep 14, 2011 at 03:02 PM

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 03:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 140       
You cannot replicate HCE on the PC just by ripping tags, etc. You also need remodeled bsps.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 03:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 140       
Halo Anniversary for PC will probably never happen anyway.
And you cannot simply have "a map with a good engine". It's the engine that runs the map. It will do the same for all maps.
And you cannot... oh wait lets see here...
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
You cannot replicate HCE on the PC just by ripping tags, etc. You also need remodeled bsps.

Yup I think just about covers it.
Not trying to be pessimistic but that's the truth, and the truth hurts.

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 03:59 PM    Msg. 6 of 140       
Took the words straight outta my mouth...

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:10 PM    Msg. 7 of 140       
Remaking a Remake on the Original Game.

Why would you downgrade a mod?

CEA is the Remake of Halo CE, not the other way around.

Stop trying.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:11 PM    Msg. 8 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates

Oh my Lord just stop talking UBE Chief. Making a Halo CE mod to match the anniversary style will not get you in jail http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/747/snifor.th.jpg
He's talking about replicating Halo Anniversary on a different engine. AFAIK, doing things like that without the original owner's consent is illegal, and therefore can land you in jail.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:16 PM    Msg. 9 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief

Oh my Lord just stop talking UBE Chief. Making a Halo CE mod to match the anniversary style will not get you in jail http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/747/snifor.th.jpg
He's talking about replicating Halo Anniversary on a different engine. AFAIK, doing things like that without the original owner's consent is illegal, and therefore can land you in jail.

If that was true, every person who made a mod of the original campaign, made a conversion of H2, or H3, should be in jail too.

You're an idiot, the people simply don't care that much to prosecute every single person that is inspired by their idea's.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:20 PM    Msg. 10 of 140       
Didn't one person try and replicate a Halo game on another engine before getting shut down by MS? I'm guessing that'll happen if this guy attempts it.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:22 PM    Msg. 11 of 140       

Nowhere at all is this stated. Nowhere, at all. Making a halo ce map in the style of Halo CEA is his goal, not remaking the game itself on a different engine.
Edited by TM_updates on Sep 14, 2011 at 04:23 PM

d4rfnader

Open mouth, insert sandwhich.

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:23 PM    Msg. 12 of 140       
I don't remember it being shut down, just the person got no help from the community and gave up.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:27 PM    Msg. 13 of 140       
Nowhere at all is this stated. Nowhere, at all. Making a halo ce map in the style of Halo CEA is his goal, not remaking the game itself on a different engine.
Quote: --- Original message by: x0v3rKiLx
Just give me the map with a good engine
Pretty sure that means a new/different engine.

If it was a HCE map in HCEA style, wouldn't he say so?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 04:49 PM    Msg. 14 of 140       
There was a group of members shut down becuase they were making a Halo RTS that was getting fairly popular, and it was shut down becuase of the Halo Wars in production.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 05:44 PM    Msg. 15 of 140       
Just give me the map with a good engine
Pretty sure that means a new/different engine.

If it was a HCE map in HCEA style, wouldn't he say so?

He was talking about a map, leading me to believe he meant a .map file, which logically would be played in Halo Custom Edition. With "engine" I assumed him to mean "system", basically a decent firefight script in this context.

Note that not alot of members here actually know what an engine is.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 05:51 PM    Msg. 16 of 140       
When you put it in that context, it makes a whole lot more sense.

I still don't see it happening, however.

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 12:15 AM    Msg. 17 of 140       

Then why say something when you have no idea what you're talking about? Makes no sense to me.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 12:37 AM    Msg. 18 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

Then why say something when you have no idea what you're talking about? Makes no sense to me.

And I suppose you know the meaning of every single word you ever whisper, think of, breath, speak, write, and type?

Anyway, sounds like there's some progress already on this mod. I can't help because I have no experience in this area of work yet, but good luck.
Edited by Jaz on Sep 15, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 12:45 AM    Msg. 19 of 140       
Well, yeah.
And if I don't know, I just search it up in the dictionary.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 04:21 AM    Msg. 20 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

What in God's blazes are YOU talking about? I know what an engine is, I am merely taking into account how most people DONT know what they are talking about. People like the OP, or people like you.

Spartan314

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 04:38 AM    Msg. 21 of 140       
I wasn't talking about you! XD
I was referring to the OP!
Of course you know what an engine is! What am I crazy?

And yes, I know how a video game engine works.

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 10:10 AM    Msg. 22 of 140       
Didn't think I'd start a whole debate...so let me clarify...

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RIPPING CEA TAGS STRAIGHT FROM THE DISC.

HALO: ANNIVERSARY FOR THE MAC/PC WILL BE A TOTAL CONVERSION MOD CONSISTING OF COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT AND PUBLIC USER-CREATED CONTENT. IT WILL CONTAIN USER-CREATED BITMAPS, USER-CREATED BIPEDS, USER-CREATED WEAPON TAGS, USER-CREATED EVERYTHING. NOTHING THAT WILL BE USED IN THIS MOD IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF 343i OR BUNGIE, THEREFORE IT IS JUST AS LEGAL (I mean come on, who really thought it was illegal...) AS ANY OTHER MOD ON THIS SITE.

*Deep breath* Are we all clear now? I'm looking to combine the talents of multiple modders to create a total conversion mod to give the EXISTING game a whole new Anniversary-ISH feel. This mod will come in the form of new maps, bitmaps, and UI files. Not a whole new APP.

So many people are talking about how there should be a PC Anniversary, so I want to give that to them. I just want to know who's willing to knock heads together and really make something epic. Like CMT's remade campaign, except we'd be remixing the whole shebang. Ya follow now?
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 10:25 AM    Msg. 23 of 140       
Thanks for clarifying. But this is still a HUGE task you and any possible team are undertaking. So forgive me for being pessimistic, but I still don't see this happening.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 10:46 AM    Msg. 24 of 140       
IT WILL CONTAIN USER-CREATED BITMAPS, USER-CREATED BIPEDS, USER-CREATED WEAPON TAGS, USER-CREATED EVERYTHING. NOTHING THAT WILL BE USED IN THIS MOD IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF 343i OR BUNGIE, THEREFORE IT IS JUST AS LEGAL (I mean come on, who really thought it was illegal...) AS ANY OTHER MOD ON THIS SITE.

*Deep breath* Are we all clear now? I'm looking to combine the talents of multiple modders to create a total conversion mod to give the EXISTING game a whole new Anniversary-ISH feel. This mod will come in the form of new maps, bitmaps, and UI files. Not a whole new APP.

You clearly don't understand the EULA for CE.

Quote: What if I create something new in your universe?

If you add to the game universe or expand on the story told in the game with “lost chapters” or back story or anything like that, distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft’s partners to use and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item) for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything or credit you. This means that your story or idea may appear in a future game without any compensation to you. (Sorry, but our lawyers tell us we need to do this in order to avoid frivolous lawsuits getting in the way of making more great games.)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
But what if you made a completely new UNSC gun that didn't obviously resemble a previous Halo weapon?
If it resembles something covered in the Halo Intellectual Property copyright such as the term "UNSC" then you can't copyright it. If you model a real or imaginary gun that you can copyright then once you incorporate it into the game you forfeit your copyright to the item you placed in the game.

What you are talking about would be as legal as every other map on here, but all rights go to Microsoft and or Bungie. I cannot remember which one specifically.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 03:28 PM    Msg. 25 of 140       

Didn't think I'd start a whole debate...so let me clarify...

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RIPPING CEA TAGS STRAIGHT FROM THE DISC.

HALO: ANNIVERSARY FOR THE MAC/PC WILL BE A TOTAL CONVERSION MOD CONSISTING OF COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT AND PUBLIC USER-CREATED CONTENT. IT WILL CONTAIN USER-CREATED BITMAPS, USER-CREATED BIPEDS, USER-CREATED WEAPON TAGS, USER-CREATED EVERYTHING. NOTHING THAT WILL BE USED IN THIS MOD IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF 343i OR BUNGIE, THEREFORE IT IS JUST AS LEGAL (I mean come on, who really thought it was illegal...) AS ANY OTHER MOD ON THIS SITE.

So many people are talking about how there should be a PC Anniversary, so I want to give that to them. I just want to know who's willing to knock heads together and really make something epic. Like CMT's remade campaign, except we'd be remixing the whole shebang. Ya follow now?
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM

So you're making a campaign mod. What can you do exactly?

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 03:42 PM    Msg. 26 of 140       
This will not be marketed, bought, sold, rented, etc.! This is simply a massive MOD. Think CMT's version of the Campaign, just on a scale that encompasses the Campaign, Multiplayer, and adds in a Firefight map. Nothing I'm undertaking is new.

People have been modding Halo and adding in custom content for YEARS...that's the whole point of this website! All of a sudden we have to pore through EULA's and worry about being sued for all we're worth? What's this irrational fear about? It's a mod for Pete's sake -____-

And the task is not as titanic as you think. I've already completed a CEA style mod and released it for the Halo Demo/Trial. It's do-able. Entirely. I just need people to help me fill in the gaps with content I have ALREADY SEEN available for download here.

I'm asking for custom NPC bipeds, new bitmaps, and a few Halo 2 maps converted for Halo CE. I am not asking for something new. I'm asking for us as a community to put our heads together, bring our specialties and our talents to the table, and then I will do a majority of the work, coalescing everything together (as I have done before with the CEA mod for Halo Demo like I said) into one beautiful masterpiece that is the culmination of all of our work.

But to do that, we need to get past these stubborn inquiries into things such as copyright. Really...in all my years I've never seen people jump the gun and cry "lawsuit" like I have here. I kinda thought custom user-made content is what they made Custom Edition for...

Or is that just a legal trap designed to reel in money for Bungie via mass lawsuits against eager moddders? -_-

Cmon guys..

P.S. - I updated (in my OP) what I'm looking for in terms of bitmaps. I contacted the creator of H3 Style Campaign since I loved the look of what he did in terms of structures and bitmaps and all, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

If anyone has an unprotected version of H3 Style Campaign, I'd love to use that as the base map for the mod. Those have the best custom bitmaps I've seen. CMT campaign would be good as well, but there's too much custom content i'd need to REMOVE. It makes using the CMT campaign way too inefficient and illogical.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 03:46 PM
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 03:47 PM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 04:29 PM    Msg. 27 of 140       
Again, no. A lot of modeling is needed here.
Your sig says amateur modder.

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 07:38 PM    Msg. 28 of 140       

Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 9, 2011 at 08:56 PM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 07:54 PM    Msg. 29 of 140       
I think I've already mentioned that you would need remodeled and retextured bsps. This isn't mostly tag importation and swapping because no HCEA content has been worked on let a lone released save for assault rifle fp.
You would need skills other than something like 'beta tester' 'team organizer' or 'tag ripper' in order to start up a team.
You can go ahead and make a campaign mod all you want, but there is an whole ton of work to do. Yeah, it's possible, more possible than the halo 3 maps I'm working on, but there really is a crudton of work to do. Scaling the idea down to just a few multiplayer maps, remakes of the stock ones in HCEA sp style, would make sense.
If it were me I would start remodeling bsps yesterday, and when HCEA comes out, try to rip from it, or at least use it as better references.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 11:54 PM    Msg. 30 of 140       
Quote: basic components for a quality CE Firefight experience.

I thought you meant just the firefight Installation 04 map, but if you mean the whole campaign... you would need to be a really good pro modder to do that. But firefight, just take the map from Halo and script a cute wittle firefight map.

Here's the map, somebody converted it
A30 MP
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=969

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 01:36 AM    Msg. 31 of 140       
people on this forum are too ADD to go in and rip/remake everything in cea

I wouldn't count on this happening

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 09:26 AM    Msg. 32 of 140       
Okay, I grow tired of trying to explain myself over and over again. So this will be the LAST time...

This will NOT include CEA content. I am not INTERESTED in CEA content. What 343i does with CEA is their business. What I want THIS Anniversary for the PC/MAC to be is a collaboration of modding talent from around the community coalesced into one singular tribute to 10 years of Halo.

The mod will feature content made entirely BY USERS, FOR USERS. Not official content ripped off a disc and billed as something new. I WANT this CEA to be different, because I think user-made content is the real legacy of the game, not the modernized interpretations of environments and scenery on the part of 343i.

All I'm asking for is some updated bitmaps (Don't tell me that hasn't been done...), a map with a Firefight engine (DO NOT tell me that hasn't been done.), and a few Halo 2 maps made for CE (REALLY DO NOT tell me that hasn't been done!)

Not asking for much. I understand that you originally thought i was talking about ripping CEA tags and content, but by now, after what is probably my THIRD or FOURTH explanation of this...I expected to be understood with a bit more clarity.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 09:39 AM    Msg. 33 of 140       
There is no such thing as a "Firefight engine". We used Halo's stock engine to make those maps. All that people did was use a crapton of scripts and encounters. Some worked excellently, others...not so much. But we did not use a different engine for it.

As for everything else, however, it depends on which updated bitmaps you want to use (there are quite a few) and which Halo 2 maps you want (again, there are quite a few).

If you want something along the lines of SP>MP conversions, I can do so, but you have to specify which level(s) you want converted.

...that, and I have to figure out how to make HEK work on my new computer >.<

x0v3rKiLx

Cry some moar...

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 09:56 AM    Msg. 34 of 140       
Well I'm not saying "engine" in the programming sense of the word, I'm more or less just saying the core ELEMENTS that go INTO programming "Firefight" for CE. That's all I need. The rest of the data, I already have, so it would be a cakewalk to transplant it into the map then.

And I was looking at the bitmaps/bipeds used for Zigadirasu's "Halo 3 Style Campaign" set. Unfortunately, that mod pack is protected, and all the tags are thus not modifiable. If anyone HAS an unprotected version of the set, that would be my premier option. Otherwise, there are other possibilities to explore, either through using CMT's campaign bitmaps, or something else.

I was thinking Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, or Coag. Any 2 of those 3 would be great.

UBE Chief

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 10:10 AM    Msg. 35 of 140       
I believe those three are available for download here...

Yep:

Ivory Tower

Sanctuary

Coagulation

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 3:06 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website