A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: CE Anniversary FFA Gameplay!

Author Topic: Halo: CE Anniversary FFA Gameplay! (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

FeroXs

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 06:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 19       
A short FFA from the new Halo CE anniversary game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQviow48Xs

Looks pretty sweet...

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 06:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 19       
First and foremost, enough HCEA topics. You might not have been around to have seen the flood of the other HCEA topics, but... we've had a lot of them.
Second, I don't like how the "combat evolved" multiplayer is actually just reach maps. It's just trying to get more money off of the multiplayer from their recent moneymaker (SAME thing was done with ODST's "mp" which was just Halo 3 maps).
But then again I won't get HCEA, and am content with HCE PC multiplayer for now.

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 10:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 19       
That video is simply called Halo: Reach. Wow.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 07:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
First and foremost, enough HCEA topics. You might not have been around to have seen the flood of the other HCEA topics, but... we've had a lot of them.
Second, I don't like how the "combat evolved" multiplayer is actually just reach maps. It's just trying to get more money off of the multiplayer from their recent moneymaker
Such ignorance.

The use of Halo 1's multiplayer engine was deemed incompatible with Xbox Live functionality. The most they could do was add Live co-op for campaign with one other person. Making the multiplayer work with Live would have required a radical restructuring of the game's netcode, which 343 and Saber Interactive had neither the time or money to do. They decided to remake several popular H1 maps for Reach instead. This is also a smart decision in regards to the current Reach playerbase; giving Anniversary its own, seperate multiplayer would split it in half and bring both games' multiplayer populations down significantly.

343 is also releasing a title update for Reach, changing multiple things for a specific playlist to make it play more like the original Halo. Please do some research next time before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth.

Good day.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 07:46 PM    Msg. 5 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
ignorance.
blahblah hcea I know alot about 343

Please do some research next time before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth.

Good day.

Yeah I don't care, no I won't 'do research', be less of an ass about debating OPINIONS.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 08:24 PM    Msg. 6 of 19       
Second, I don't like how the "combat evolved" multiplayer is actually just reach maps. It's just trying to get more money off of the multiplayer from their recent moneymaker (SAME thing was done with ODST's "mp" which was just Halo 3 maps).
But then again I won't get HCEA, and am content with HCE PC multiplayer for now.

You realize they've also modified weapon functionality right

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 08:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

You realize they've also modified weapon functionality right
No, I didn't know that. Guess I'm not 100% informed, but still, I think it would have been better if they had the remade sp tagset in the multiplayer.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 08:47 PM    Msg. 8 of 19       
ignorance.

Please do some research next time before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth.

Good day.

Yeah I don't care, no I won't 'do research', be less of an ass about debating OPINIONS.
Your "opinion" was wrong. I pointed that out and stated the facts.

I think it would have been better if they had the remade sp tagset in the multiplayer.
As do I, and as did 343 and Saber, but we don't always get what we want, especially when Microsoft is in charge and time is limited.
Edited by Karrde on Sep 20, 2011 at 08:48 PM

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 08:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       

ignorance.

Good day.

Your "opinion" was wrong. I pointed that out and stated the facts.

Edited by Karrde on Sep 20, 2011 at 08:48 PM

Good for you sir
I must be an ignorant footshover

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 09:02 PM    Msg. 10 of 19       
Wow. Guess opinions aren't allowed in this thread?

OP is kind of a dick.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 09:09 PM    Msg. 11 of 19       
FeroXs? I think he just came here to show off a youtube video. But I think I know who you mean.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 10:07 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
Oh ya wups, nvm I meant the other guy you were talkin to.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 10:19 PM    Msg. 13 of 19       
I hate this community. So much. Children, all of you.

Second, I don't like how the "combat evolved" multiplayer is actually just reach maps. It's just trying to get more money off of the multiplayer from their recent moneymaker.

Opinion. False statement.

I pointed out that your opinion was based on false assessments. Calm down. I swear, nobody here can stand being proven wrong about anything.

Anyway, this thread has been completely derailed, so there's no point in posting in it any further. I'm out. And it seems this place hasn't changed any, so I doubt I'll be back any time soon.

Peace.

Co1t3r

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 12:26 AM    Msg. 14 of 19       

Then please leave.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 01:05 AM    Msg. 15 of 19       

Second, I don't like how the "combat evolved" multiplayer is actually just reach maps. It's just trying to get more money off of the multiplayer from their recent moneymaker.

I pointed out that your opinion was based on false assessments. Calm down. I swear, nobody here can stand being proven wrong about anything.

Anyway, this thread has been completely derailed, so there's no point in posting in it any further. I'm out. And it seems this place hasn't changed any, so I doubt I'll be back any time soon.

Peace.

You may wish to be reminded of something while you think that nobody here can stand being proven wrong...

Quote: --- Original message by: KarrdePlease do some research next time before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth.

Good day.

We can easily stand being proven wrong. What we can't stand is morons like you turning an argument into a fight for no reason.

Good day.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 01:16 AM    Msg. 16 of 19       
Wait, does this mean I'll need Reach to play HCEA multiplayer?

Also,

I don't know what you're talking about - we thoroughly enjoy being proven wrong in the least polite, most childish manner possible, i.e. "Such ignorance. Please do some research next time before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth."

I don't speak for everyone, but I for one would not welcome you back with open arms anyway. I believe the popular term is "Good riddance."

Edited by doompig444 on Sep 21, 2011 at 01:23 AM

Bobblehob

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 02:48 AM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444

Wait, does this mean I'll need Reach to play HCEA multiplayer?

Naw, all the HCEA Remake maps are included with the game, you don't need to own Reach to play them.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 04:12 AM    Msg. 18 of 19       
Can't we all just get along and play a good ol' Karrde game such as kings in corners?

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 04:33 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       

Oh, I think you misinterpreted me there, or I said it a bit weird. I meant to say how I don't like that the HCEA mp is just CE maps for reach mp (armor abilities and stuff)... I didn't mean to say that HCEA mp maps would be reach's multiplayer maps (eg powerhouse).
Quote:
You derailed it a lot more? Wasn't much of a thread anyway?
Quote: Peace.
kbai

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 4:57 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website