A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »my new mapping team members wanted

Author Topic: my new mapping team members wanted (27 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CHMT

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 27       
I need some people who are good at modeling,texturing,and creating animations. so please join CHMT(Custom halo mapping team)if your interested.all members will get all my tags.just to let you guys know I am good At scripting and making tags with guerilla I can easily make soundlooping tags so if you needed them.Many people are saying I am masterchief I am not so please stop, if you don't believe me than that's not my problem.My Xfire is spark364.

Edited by CHMT on Oct 12, 2011 at 07:33 PM

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 27       
ok!!!

CHMT

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 27       
did you want to join.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 27       
Not to be trying to rip you down or anything, but you are new here. Tell people what you personally can do within a team. I have seen people try and create a team when they have no real map making skills whatsoever and they just want to tell people what to do and sit back for them to do it. Let people know your skills. Just throwing a name out there and the fact you want to start a team isn't enough for people.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:43 PM    Msg. 5 of 27       
Please e-mail me at dumb_gamer_who_loves_receiving_spam@yahoo.com as I am very interested in your offer.

CHMT

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 27       
i will send you a email

Edited by CHMT on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 12:15 AM    Msg. 7 of 27       
To have a mapping team... you need a productive leader.
Show us what you can do. Modelling? Texturing? Animating? What can you do for your team?

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 01:29 AM    Msg. 8 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHMT

I need some people who are good at modeling,texturing,and creating animations. so join CHMT
(Custom halo mapping team)if you enjoy making maps.all members will get all my tags.one more
thing I need your email address so I can send you the tags.just to let you guys know I am good
At scripting and making tags with guerilla I can easily make soundlooping tags so if you needed them.
my email is meredith.chmt@yahoo.com

Edited by CHMT on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Edited by CHMT on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Masterchief? The one that already did a failed team recruitment?

If not, welcome to halomaps. It's probably quite hard to start a team at the moment because most of the good mappers seem to be working on big projects.

But anyway,
Good luck

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 01:42 AM    Msg. 9 of 27       
I find myself amazed at how time after time again people take these obvious troll/scam accounts seriously.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 01:49 AM    Msg. 10 of 27       
You never know...

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 11:21 AM    Msg. 11 of 27       
You know, you could always just join a currently active team like...ODSTMT!
-Zekilk
Edited by cyboryxmen on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 11:28 PM    Msg. 12 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
I don't think I want him in the team TBH.

LOL, what hast ODSTMP done? Lol besides 3 or so of the members beg me to make an ODST BSP...

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 07:33 PM    Msg. 13 of 27       
Gold?

Strange, I always thought that your name was godkiller but sure, killing gold is just as awesome...I guess.
-Zekilk

iHalo

Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 10:30 PM    Msg. 14 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
You advertise to any friggin' person you find. You must be a very desperate team.

This.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 11:14 PM    Msg. 15 of 27       
Count me in! My fields of expertise include the ripping of protected tags, the editing of damage values in Guerilla, the insertion of those tags into Bloodgulch, the poorly thought out placement of AI, and the compiling of all that into a map!

Jaz

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:37 AM    Msg. 16 of 27       
I love how the Halo community's downgraded so much that if a new member appears and wants to start mapping, he's instantly trolled and assaulted. Has anyone even checked to see whether he's serious?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:56 AM    Msg. 17 of 27       
I'm (we're) pretty sure this is the same guy that goes by the: Masterchief/mastercheif member, who tried to start a mapping team with no experience.
Then went about racking up tags to edit them or whatnot.

Jaz

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 01:24 AM    Msg. 18 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I'm (we're) pretty sure this is the same guy that goes by the: Masterchief/mastercheif member, who tried to start a mapping team with no experience.
Then went about racking up tags to edit them or whatnot.

Do you have any proof to back this accusation or are you just assuming because he uses COMMON quick typing chat(Not sure what it's called xD)? I too believe he's Masterchief, but I'm not going to troll him until I have proof.

doompig444

MorniŽ alantiŽ

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 02:02 AM    Msg. 19 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
I love how the Halo community's downgraded so much that if a new member appears and wants to start mapping, he's instantly trolled and assaulted. Has anyone even checked to see whether he's serious?

It's almost as if it were never like this.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 06:04 AM    Msg. 20 of 27       

I hate to stamp all over your fantasies of a day where HaloMaps doesn't ridicule members who come up with silly ideas, but it's been like this since as far back as I can remember. So Mid-07.

Pretty sure it'd go back even further than that.

Jaz

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior

I hate to stamp all over your fantasies of a day where HaloMaps doesn't ridicule members who come up with silly ideas, but it's been like this since as far back as I can remember. So Mid-07.

Pretty sure it'd go back even further than that.

When I first joined, the community seemed to be in a calm state. Maybe it was just some sort of peace period or something. xD

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 05:47 PM    Msg. 22 of 27       
. Maybe it was just some sort of peace period or something. xD
Nah, every six to eight months I go on a rampage and beat the children into submission so they act properly. I believe the last time was February or March. (and yes I am being facetious)

Part of the problem is inexperience in knowing that you can't type in a forum the way you speak because there is no body language or inflection to convey the actual meaning and also that it is permanent. If you say something stupid it goes away pretty quick but when you type it into a forum it is there to haunt you. Take a phrase most people use "You suck"; you can say it to a friend and make people laugh but when you type it the reader can't be sure of your actual meaning and will often times be upset. There is also the issue of relative maturity but when I speak of that people get upset just as I did, back in the stone ages before PC's, when someone older points it out so I won't go into that right now.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 07:42 PM    Msg. 23 of 27       
There aren't even 30 letters in the alphabet...

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 07:50 PM    Msg. 24 of 27       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
There aren't even 30 letters in the alphabet...

But not every key on the keyboard represents a letter.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 09:38 PM    Msg. 25 of 27       
Yes, but he was infering that people have bad spelling, and you can only spell words with letters; unless you do 1337 speak, but that would be annoying if people typed like that.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 09:45 PM    Msg. 26 of 27       
None of which pertains to the topic of the thread: my new mapping team members wanted

If you don't get the implied meaning then just return to the topic.

Petera275

Some things just don't work...

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 04:50 PM    Msg. 27 of 27       
I advise getting to know the community first, so you know how halomaps rolls and who you're letting into the team. Establish some goals, and lay down some rules to refer to later on. You don't need to be a pro modeller/scripter/uvw unwrapper or whatever to be a good leader, you just need a sufficient understanding of what's going on, and good leadership/organization skills. As well as a lot of patience.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 3:53 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website