A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Blitzkrieg in 3ds max 9

Author Topic: Blitzkrieg in 3ds max 9 (33 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

OrangeJuice

Still here because their site isn't active either

Posted: Sep 24, 2011 10:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 33       
You know how in 3dsmax5, you can use blitzkrieg by having:
msvcp70.dll
msvcp70d.dll
msvcr70.dll
msvcr70d.dll

And in 3dsmax6, 7, and 8, you use it by having THESE:
msvcp71.dll
msvcp71d.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcr71d.dll

There is also an msvcp100.dll and an msvcr100.dll: Would some be able to get Blitzkrieg working in max9 by downloading the d-versions of these dlls?

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Sep 24, 2011 10:21 AM    Msg. 2 of 33       
I'm promoting this thread. Can someone please figure out how to make Blitzkrieg work for 2010 as well?

OrangeJuice

Posted: Sep 24, 2011 10:31 AM    Msg. 3 of 33       
Wellp, having the d-versions of mscvr-and-p-100.dll did nothing for max2009, Maybe the blitzkrieg.dle has different coding for different 3ds maxes? (I don't have max9 to test this with like I wanted to -_-)

EDIT> How do you even MAKE a dle plugin!?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Sep 24, 2011 03:45 PM    Msg. 4 of 33       
A file with the DLE file extension is a Macromedia Designer 3D Translator file.

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Sep 24, 2011 10:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 33       
I agree, there is need for something better, more efficient than bluestreak. Thank you The Ghost, this has been most helpful but we need more efficiency now.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 05:18 AM    Msg. 6 of 33       
Yeah, we cant export multiple regions, that sucks.

OrangeJuice

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 02:04 AM    Msg. 7 of 33       
I was thinking more along the lines of all in one models AND animation exporting, without all the clutter of fixed-function scripts.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 02:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 33       
Well you could just use 3ds Max 8.

OrangeJuice

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 06:12 PM    Msg. 9 of 33       
3ds max 8 crashes on Windows 7.

Modern laptops have too many IRQs(and NO options in the BIOS to limit this), they also bluescreen during Windows XP Setup, with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error so you can't downgrade a new laptop to winXP. (Even if you get past this problem, the laptop is proprietary and the only drivers IN EXISTENCE for it are Windows Vista and 7 64-bit only drivers because the hardware inside these things don't exist, even if they're ATI or NVIDIA brand devices)

Because the hardware is custom built by the laptop manufacturers, the drivers are proprietary, and that means no 3d acceleration on XP if you actually manage to get it on a laptop.

This doesn't happen with desktops, but >>> I'd rather take my work with me, and I'm sure alot of others would too <<<

Which is why this topic exists :P
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 27, 2011 at 06:15 PM
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 27, 2011 at 06:17 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 07:09 PM    Msg. 10 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

This is a very broad and untrue statement.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 07:11 PM    Msg. 11 of 33       

I run 3ds max 8 on windows 7 all the time and its perfectly fine...

OrangeJuice

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 07:41 PM    Msg. 12 of 33       
Have 7 64-bit, satellite l775d-s7226 laptop, max8(32-bit) service pack 3. runs fine for a couple minutes, then it freezes and you have to taskkill it. Definitely doesn't run fine for more than a few minutes.

Unlless there's a trick to installing it that isn't being mentioned
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 27, 2011 at 07:45 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 07:48 PM    Msg. 13 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
I agree, there is need for something better, more efficient than bluestreak. Thank you The Ghost, this has been most helpful but we need more efficiency now.

Why is Blue Streak inferior to Blitzkrieg? Can't someone try to modify Blue Streak to simple be more efficient?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 08:04 PM    Msg. 14 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY

Why is Blue Streak inferior to Blitzkrieg? Can't someone try to modify Blue Streak to simple be more efficient?

Blue streak sucks for multiple reasons:

1. Extremely, almost ridiciouls export times (sometimes depending on how big your level is, it can take up to 30 minutes or longer), as opposed to Blitz were it takes a mere 5 seconds.

2. Blue Streak will sometimes export your model inverted.

3. Blue streak cannot export from Editable Poly, it also will sometimes export your model incorrectly, and in turn making tool not produce a correct .WRL file for the bsp.

Sprinkle

Posted: Sep 27, 2011 09:11 PM    Msg. 15 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkLord0912

I lol'd, all the plugins are are .dll files renamed to .dle. If you get a legit copy of 3ds max it comes with sdk with examples of how to make them. I've made a plugin to export .jma and .jms files for 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Just from creating the plugins maya > 3ds max, you can tell 3ds max shows its age when writing a plugin for it, it's garbage.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 01:03 AM    Msg. 16 of 33       
Why not to share it then ?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 06:13 AM    Msg. 17 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle

I lol'd, all the plugins are are .dll files renamed to .dle. If you get a legit copy of 3ds max it comes with sdk with examples of how to make them. I've made a plugin to export .jma and .jms files for 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Just from creating the plugins maya > 3ds max, you can tell 3ds max shows its age when writing a plugin for it, it's garbage.

And you don't release them why?

Saying you have these helps absolutely zero people except yourself, so I'm not sure why you don't just release it.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 08:33 AM    Msg. 18 of 33       
Sprinkle has made himself clear to be a bit of an *insert opposite of nice and sharing* guy.
All he does is boast AND complain about other people's work, work that those people actually plan on sharing. In this sense Sprinkle reminds me alot of Shadowspartan...

OrangeJuice

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 12:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 33       
Because there are a hell of a lot more extensions than just jma and jms, that halo uses for its tagset. Having the ability to make just 2 of them is a waste because you'd still be locked out of the majority of custom content making.

Not everyone keeps their 'old' dev-box.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Sprinkle

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 02:56 PM    Msg. 20 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

And you don't release them why?

Saying you have these helps absolutely zero people except yourself, so I'm not sure why you don't just release it.

Never finished it. Was just saying it's pretty easy to make, all someone needs to do is know how to read. 3ds max's api is fully documented with tons of examples. People do have it, I sent it to a couple of people but they never ended up using it anyways so I figured they were using an older version than 2010 or were fine with bluestreak.

JMA and JMS are the only two formats blitzkrieg export. All the other file types are exactly the same, the only different is the extension of the file name which only tells tool how to process the data.
Edited by Sprinkle on Sep 28, 2011 at 05:09 PM

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 06:23 PM    Msg. 21 of 33       
"All someone needs to do is know how to read."
I know how to read, so where's my magic plugin?

Indeed, one also needs the time and a willingness to invest it in this particular matter.
Not so straightforward as we thought éh.

Sprinkle

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 08:52 AM    Msg. 22 of 33       
Than why do you expect these things for free :). Thank you for agreeing with me.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 09:05 AM    Msg. 23 of 33       
The point was why not share what you have already made? It's what most people do around here except for sad individuals like you. But you came back on your own boasting and apparently have NOT made a good exporter, or that's what you say yourself.

I don't agree with what you said, and I don't even know what exactly I was supposedly agreeing to as you did not make an actual statement with which one can agree or not.

So yeah, stop trying to act smart. You have given us no reason to take you seriously.
Now go flame other programmers for releasing stuff.
Edited by TM_updates on Sep 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Sprinkle

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 09:18 AM    Msg. 24 of 33       
Forgot to mention all my tools are licensed for education purposes only, so if you want to spend $5000 buying the programs for me than I'll release it.

You didn't have to agree with what I said, your reaction to my suggestion was clear, you're crying like a spoiled child that you don't have something better than bluestreak and you aren't willing to try to make it yourself.

I'm not trying to act smart? I'm calling it as I see it.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 09:23 AM    Msg. 25 of 33       
Forgot to mention all my tools are licensed for education purposes only, so if you want to spend $5000 buying the programs for me than I'll release it.

You didn't have to agree with what I said, your reaction to my suggestion was clear, you're crying like a spoiled child that you don't have something better than bluestreak and you aren't willing to try to make it yourself.

You do realize that not every single person wants to do programming, or anything related to it? I am an enviroment artist and level designer and having newer tools to be able to use without the inconsistency of Bluestreak would be good. Even if the tools you made are unfinished, that dosent mean you shouldn't release them. somebody might want to fix them in the future, and who knows that might actually be useful to some people.

Now another question, where you the man behind the RA application? There seems to be a simple bug with it (once again, I am not a programmer) and would be pretty useful it was fixed.

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 10:08 AM    Msg. 26 of 33       

You are a waste of oxygen.

You aren't the only one who uses software for educational purposes, releasing these apps FOR FREE does not violate that, especially if it's for a modding community that follows a EULA...as in none of our stuff is allowed to be used to make a profit.

You are trying to act smart, but you fail at doing so. Please stop wasting oxygen that could go to better use. I also personally do not care about these exporters as they fulfill my needs. I was only pointing out what a donkey you are for boasting about having things but then not sharing. It's a principles thing.

If anything you are the spoiled child who isn't willing to share his toys. You are identical to Shadowspartan in this way. Usually people only act this way to compensate for things they lack in their real lives. I suggest you take some time and think about some of the decisions you have made in your life. Perhaps you can reverse some of the already-done damage.

Sprinkle

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 10:24 AM    Msg. 27 of 33       
Guess you couldn't stay away from me, makes me happy that you care so much.

I never boasted, if you take it as that than that's your problem not mine. I can say the same thing about you, all you do is show pictures of lumoria 2 why don't you release it, your boasting about having something no one else has. Why is it whenever someone mentions a program everyone jumps at them and says, release it or your garbage. I've seen tons of pictures of models that no one ever ended up releasing. This is the halo community after all and you sir are part of the problem, you has the tags right. In case you don't get that joke, you're the same as all those people that waste their time ripping tags from protected maps than going around posting about, you'll do anything to get them won't you or are you the person telling everyone else to go learn the HEK for themselves and to go learn how to model in 3ds max.

In either case, take your own advice and learn for yourself or stop crying for the tags.

Also I wasn't given this toy, I forged it with a hammer and an anvil, nothing spoiled about that.
Edited by Sprinkle on Sep 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM

TM_updates

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 10:45 AM    Msg. 28 of 33       
Lol what are you talking about kid, we have always released our work. And I don't think most people agree with you that lumoria is a waste of time LOL.
Seems I hit a nerve there with that whole "review your decisions in life thing", guess I was right then...

If you feel like furthering this vendetta you can feel free to PM me and I'll review your response later tonight.

CAG Gonzo

Retreat? Hell! We just got here!

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 11:12 AM    Msg. 29 of 33       
Children, the issue remains unresolved, for there are oppressed souls in the world that remain blitzkrieg-less. Those poor fools (myself included) have access to student licenses for Max 2010 and up, but Autodesk is behaving quite stupidly and refuses to dish out licenses for their less sophisticated products, thus barring the monetarily challenged from exporting their lovely models with the security and reliability of blitzkrieg.

Some form of a plugin is better than nothing at all. Got something that works, or partially works? You'd be doing everyone a benefit by releasing it to at least a select few of trustworthy buddies.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 06:55 PM    Msg. 30 of 33       
Bottom Line: share your toys or don't that is up to you and if the person doesn't want to share don't complain. However holding up your toys in front of people and say "na, na, na you can't have it and I can" is just bad form and childish.

If you (anyone) is willing to release a tool for assisting map makers please do so I am sure they would appreciate it. If you have ideas on how someone can make a new tool great , but if not then frankly shut up; you have nothing to contribute to the discussion.

So to be clear:

If you have a tool and don't want to release it that's fine: Shut Up!
If you are complaining that someone won't release a tool they have: Stop

Now get back to the subject: Blitzkrieg in 3ds max 9

DMATH6

WAZUP!!!!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 09:22 AM    Msg. 31 of 33       
Yes anything that exports jms on max 2012 would be AN DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 12:25 PM    Msg. 32 of 33       
3ds max 8 crashes on Windows 8.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 01:57 PM    Msg. 33 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: DMATH6
Yes anything that exports jms on max 2012 would be AN DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Bluestreak

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 4, 2020 10:34 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website