A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Need Help with the Halo 2 map Editor!

Author Topic: Need Help with the Halo 2 map Editor! (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

kry11ic

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 02:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
So, I just got Halo 2 the other day for my PC. I was really excited to create maps, but I didn't know how to start it up. I watched a YouTube video, and the guy's instructions were to open H2 Sapien as an administrator. Then go to tags/scenarios/multi/example and then choose the file called "example.scenario". I did, and it all worked, but then a minute later, it crashed. Now, whenever I go back to open that file, it loads but then nothing comes up. H2Sapien says it's still running because it's still on my task bar, and I can hear the sound effects of the map that Sapien is in... But it's just not appearing on my screen, and I can't open the screen either. I'm using Windows 7 and I tried the "disable visual themes" and that doesn't work. idk what else to say that might help. If anyone has any solutions, please help! Or if you need more information, just ask and I'll provide as much as I can.

beazt

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 05:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Not to ruin your enthusiasm but making maps isn't just editing example.map
The usual process of creating map for halo 2 vista is:
1. make bsp in 3ds max or gmax and export it to .ass format
2. compile .ass into .scenario files using tool.exe
3. Now using h2guerilla and h2sapient put stuff(effects, player starting points .....) in .scenario
4. package everything into .map file(final product) using tool.exe
So right now you're missing out huge part of creation process by skipping first two steps.

Now to actually help you I would suggest you to run H2sapien in compatibility mode.
If that doesnt work then open Task manager (right click on task bar) and in applications window right click on H2sapien.exe and choose maximize.

Good luck!
Edited by beazt on Oct 23, 2011 at 05:07 PM
Edited by beazt on Oct 23, 2011 at 05:08 PM

kry11ic

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 06:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
damn, and 3ds max costs a lot, and the free trail is only like 30 days, right?
And I tried the Task Manager to maximize, and it didn't work :\ I also did the configuration mode.

beazt

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 09:36 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
You can get free student version of 3ds max if you study. Another alternate way would be using gmax but im not sure about exporting options for gmax so it might not work.

Twinreaper

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 08:29 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Sounds to me like you have graphic card or drivers issues. I run Win7 64-bit Ultimate and have never had an issue running Sapien at all. I did however one time accidentally close out the panes in Sapien, which resulted in sapien acting they way you are describing. I cannot remember how I got it back but yeah....

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 25, 2017 1:09 PM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website