A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Halo 2 PC Campaign maps Closed......why?

Author Topic: Halo 2 PC Campaign maps Closed......why? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 12:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
In one of my previous threads here in the Halo 2 Vista Support thread, i had asked about the Halo 2 Coop files that i thought had been lost. But i recently looked again and was able to find the Coop patch files. As well as a copy of the "Mystery App". For those of you who don't know the "Mystery App" is a Halo 2 PC modding application that was made in the intent to assist in the creation of MPC maps (AKA the Halo 2 Coop Maps). But i have run into a problem. When attempt to open a single player map in the "Mystery App"...its says that it is a "Closed Map". Does this possible mean that the Single Player maps are protected at this point in time? Were they protected by the last Halo 2 PC update? And if they are protected.....how would i unprotect them? Do i need a particular program to do so? Or is there another way to do so? Once i am able to unprotect them or some how open them, i will post how it goes.

Thanks for any help given.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 02:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
That Mystery app was for Halo 2 Xbox maps (made by Xzodia), all it did was fill out the empty biped slots on the campaign maps to make sure people could spawn in multiplayer.

Halo 2 Xbox had MPC, but Halo 2 Vista does not.

And sorry that this is late.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 PM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website