A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CEA Simulated on the PC (The Legal Way)

Author Topic: Halo CEA Simulated on the PC (The Legal Way) (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Noble117

I'M NOT LIKE A BADASS, I AM BADASS

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Halo CEA Simulated on the PC (The Legal Way)

Things you will need:
"XIM3" Search on Google or youtube
EasyCap
Audio Cable Splitter
Wired Xbox 360 Controller
PC with (Keyboard and Mouse) should be Desktop NOT laptop
And an Xbox360 with all of the cables it comes with

How To:
Have your Xbox close enough to your computer so the cables will reach. Plugin the XIM3 to the xbox and then plug the XBOX 360 remote into the XIM3 and Then plug the Keyboard and Mouse in to the XIM3. Once that is done take out the EASYCAP and make sure the video capture software is installed that comes with it. Now load up your software and plugin the EASYCAP device to your computer. Take the audio cable splitter and attach it to your easycap audio cables. Once that is complete plug in your xbox audio and video cables to easycap. Make sure to plug in the other end of the audio cable splitter to your speakers on your pc. Once this complete press capture video on the video software and it should display it on the screen. If you followed all of these steps correctly you should be able to enjoy the anniversary or any other XBOX360 game like it's on the PC.

Note - The Reason why you need the audio cable splitter is because the audio doesn't transfer that well through easycap so you are basically making the audio go into the speakers instead through the PC itself.

Note - if you just want it to play on a keyboard and mouse instead of going through all of those other steps just look up "XIM3".

If you nail your prices right this should all range from $300 to $600 (XBOX 360 included)

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:38 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
OR you could just play it on your Xbox 360 and save $240+?

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 11:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
OR you could just play it on your Xbox 360 and save $240+?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 12:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Or... you could cling on to that one piece of pitiful hope that HCEA will be ported to PC. Like I am right now.

Spectre_the_grunt

own you all!

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 12:59 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
or just learn UDK and make your own stuff. or port halo ce to udk.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 01:23 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
With so many options, why don't people just make their own game. Isn't that how people get into mapmaking or is it really all about copycatting everything you see in some other game...?

What happened to the real nerds?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 5, 2011 at 01:23 AM

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 07:15 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
I prefer CryEngine 3 over UDK personally.
Come and rock me amadeus.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 08:28 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

With so many options, why don't people just make their own game. Isn't that how people get into mapmaking or is it really all about copycatting everything you see in some other game...?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4780/nerdsrule.png

^

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 10:43 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4780/nerdsrule.png

Off topic but, WHERE in the world did you get the E3PO Sapien!?

It's on Halomaps?

The new thing they are creating hasn't been released or even shown off decently. Not only that, with the few pictures shown you would know it looks nothing like that.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 08:54 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
I prefer CryEngine 3 over UDK personally.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 08:41 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
How is Cry Engine doing anyway? I never got a good enough graphics card to unleash it's graphics to it's full potential. I would rather take a look at them myself but I don't think that I'll be able to get a new graphics card anytime soon.

Is the UI as decent as Blam!'s?
-Zekilk

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 08:45 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Blam! is a really simplistic engine in comparison with CryEngine, so the latter is obviously a bit more complex in layout. But once you get the hang of it, which isn't impossible thanks to decent documents that are available, it is a very powerful engine. Although you will occasionally have to delve into some scripting or coding if you want to add additional features.

As for graphics, it's pretty hefty on high settings, but there's also a setting that basically caps the FPS on 30 and just doesn't draw stuff in the distance accordingly.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 9:12 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website