A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Cant fire imediatly after reload-full

Author Topic: Cant fire imediatly after reload-full (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Nov 5, 2011 07:57 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I have a weapon with both a reload-full and reload-empty animation. When I reload-full I have to wait a short while before I can shoot again. It seems to be about the same time as the reload-empty which has a longer reload time because the next round needs to be chambered. How can I make it so that I don't have to wait so long to fire after reloading with a partial magazine.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 10:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Juiceb0xhero
I think there is a Reload Time somewhere in the .weapon tag, just scale that down a couple seconds.

I have tried using that but it doesn't seem to anything, even if I make it a really high number it doesn't affect anything.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 11:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
If they're custom animations, have you tried looking at the amount of frames in the animation?
Maybe you've got a space after the animation itself ends.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 08:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
If they're custom animations, have you tried looking at the amount of frames in the animation?
Maybe you've got a space after the animation itself ends.
I have checked that as well and that is not the case.

teh lag

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 01:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
In my experience there isn't a way to circumvent this - even in stock H1 stuff you can notice it (try shooting the Sniper Rifle immediately after a reload-full). The only thing you can do really is to try to make your reload-full and reload-empty animations close enough in frame-count as to not be too noticeable.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 04:50 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
In my experience there isn't a way to circumvent this - even in stock H1 stuff you can notice it (try shooting the Sniper Rifle immediately after a reload-full). The only thing you can do really is to try to make your reload-full and reload-empty animations close enough in frame-count as to not be too noticeable.
Alright thanks. I guess I'll just have to lengthen the space between the mag in and out on the full to compensate for putting away the old mag.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 3:04 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website