A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE3 2012 Live

Page 4 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CE3 2012 Live (251 messages, Page 4 of 8)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 01:07 AM    Msg. 106 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Is CE3 during the next week? Or the week after? Any later and I've got school so I can't watch..

July 28th 2012 at 7pm EST


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 01:08 AM    Msg. 107 of 251       
Oh damn that closer than I thought... yeah. I can't be there...


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 01:17 AM    Msg. 108 of 251       
Also if you have any poll ideas letmeh know


Slayer117
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Host of CE3 2010-forever!


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 01:29 AM    Msg. 109 of 251       
I'm the CE3 creator and I'm 2nd to last :(

Even m16 is beating me this is a new low lol.

Free puppies to all who vote for me. and the puppies poop fresh baked choclate chip cookies!


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 02:53 AM    Msg. 110 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
and the puppies poop fresh baked choclate chip cookies!

DUDE YES


Sean Aero
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

HaloRank.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 11:48 AM    Msg. 111 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
timezones doesnt make them selfish, you can watch it when they upload it on youtube.


Beats the whole point of it being LIVE?
Also last year event was uploaded somewhere in September and October on Youtube.

If you host this event on the weekends and have the time somewhere in the afternoon, you can cover the full Western front.
This is the only thing I have truly disliked about this event every year, is that it's solely focussed on having US viewers instead of trying to cover the full community.
Edited by Sean Aero on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 12:22 PM    Msg. 112 of 251       
I agree with Sean.

Only reason I managed to see it last year was due to me having holiday. I can't stay up until 1 AM just for this anymore, even though I'd love to attend it live.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 12:30 PM    Msg. 113 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero

Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
timezones doesnt make them selfish, you can watch it when they upload it on youtube.


Beats the whole point of it being LIVE?
Also last year event was uploaded somewhere in September and October on Youtube.

If you host this event on the weekends and have the time somewhere in the afternoon, you can cover the full Western front.
This is the only thing I have truly disliked about this event every year, is that it's solely focussed on having US viewers instead of trying to cover the full community.
Edited by Sean Aero on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM


Vote on the polls and let us know it's to late. Next CE3 meeting we'll talk about it and see what you guys have to say.
But we also can't forget we do have Australian viewers, who now are already watching this sometime around 9-11 in the morning.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM


Sean Aero
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

HaloRank.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 01:09 PM    Msg. 114 of 251       
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


Sciophobiaranger
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 02:27 PM    Msg. 115 of 251       
I'm fine with 7 Pm est.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 02:27 PM


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 04:19 PM    Msg. 116 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


I support this as a fellow European. It's virtually the perfect compromise. Aussies will just have to eat their cereals behind da PC, americans can eat their MC-Donalds behind da PC, UK can drink their late-night Tea beverage behind da PC, and Belgians can eat their midnight-waffle snack behind the PC.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 04:31 PM    Msg. 117 of 251       
You think I can be bothered to turn on the kettle late at night? o.O

I'll stick with the peach juice, thank you, sir.


Sciophobiaranger
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 08:42 PM    Msg. 118 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


I support this as a fellow European. It's virtually the perfect compromise. Aussies will just have to eat their cereals behind da PC, americans can eat their MC-Donalds behind da PC, UK can drink their late-night Tea beverage behind da PC, and Belgians can eat their midnight-waffle snack behind the PC.


Lol another stereotype, Europeans eat more McDonalds than Americans... it's a proven fact. "Britons enjoy fast food slightly more than Americans, and much more than the French, according to a survey of 13 countries by polling body Synovate and the BBC." - So the British eat more fastfood than Americans... lol. -http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/26/britain-consumes-the-most-fast-food.aspx And most Americans I met barely eat fastfood, Europeans know nothing about America...sadly.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 08:56 PM    Msg. 119 of 251       
What americans have you met? We eat fast food all the time.

I mean, I'm not fat, I have a gf and don't eat much fast food myself, but just living here... we eat fastfood more than we should


Sciophobiaranger
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:03 PM    Msg. 120 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
What americans have you met? We eat fast food all the time.

I mean, I'm not fat, I have a gf and don't eat much fast food myself, but just living here... we eat fastfood more than we should

I'm living in Philadelphia, and no one eats fast-food. That's just you, but it's a stereotype that Americans eat fastfood all the time. Europeans are the ones who eat the most, not Americans. Just Europeans calling Americans 'fat' or 'Americans eat too much fast-food' pisses me off, like really? You have room to talk.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:07 PM


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:16 PM    Msg. 121 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
What americans have you met? We eat fast food all the time.

I mean, I'm not fat, I have a gf and don't eat much fast food myself, but just living here... we eat fastfood more than we should

I'm living in Philadelphia, and no one eats fast-food. That's just you, but it's a stereotype that Americans eat fastfood all the time. Europeans are the ones who eat the most, not Americans. Just Europeans calling Americans 'fat' or 'Americans eat too much fast-food' pisses me off, like really? You have room to talk.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:07 PM


Or rather, they don't have room.

Because they're fat.


Sciophobiaranger
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.


Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:19 PM    Msg. 122 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
What americans have you met? We eat fast food all the time.

I mean, I'm not fat, I have a gf and don't eat much fast food myself, but just living here... we eat fastfood more than we should

I'm living in Philadelphia, and no one eats fast-food. That's just you, but it's a stereotype that Americans eat fastfood all the time. Europeans are the ones who eat the most, not Americans. Just Europeans calling Americans 'fat' or 'Americans eat too much fast-food' pisses me off, like really? You have room to talk.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:07 PM


Or rather, they don't have room.

Because they're fat.


Yep.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:23 PM


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 12:52 AM    Msg. 123 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


I support this as a fellow European. It's virtually the perfect compromise. Aussies will just have to eat their cereals behind da PC, americans can eat their MC-Donalds behind da PC, UK can drink their late-night Tea beverage behind da PC, and Belgians can eat their midnight-waffle snack behind the PC.


Lol another stereotype, Europeans eat more McDonalds than Americans... it's a proven fact. "Britons enjoy fast food slightly more than Americans, and much more than the French, according to a survey of 13 countries by polling body Synovate and the BBC." - So the British eat more fastfood than Americans... lol. -http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/26/britain-consumes-the-most-fast-food.aspx And most Americans I met barely eat fastfood, Europeans know nothing about America...sadly.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM


First of all I have actually lived in the states for over a year.

However you're taking this too serious. Stereotypes are often used to mock/joke. Notice how I made a tea joke, and a waffle joke as well. That should have given away the intended tone. The only thing I forgot was some form of kangaroo or Koala joke for the aussies.


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 01:59 AM    Msg. 124 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


I support this as a fellow European. It's virtually the perfect compromise. Aussies will just have to eat their cereals behind da PC, americans can eat their MC-Donalds behind da PC, UK can drink their late-night Tea beverage behind da PC, and Belgians can eat their midnight-waffle snack behind the PC.


Lol another stereotype, Europeans eat more McDonalds than Americans... it's a proven fact. "Britons enjoy fast food slightly more than Americans, and much more than the French, according to a survey of 13 countries by polling body Synovate and the BBC." - So the British eat more fastfood than Americans... lol. -http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/26/britain-consumes-the-most-fast-food.aspx And most Americans I met barely eat fastfood, Europeans know nothing about America...sadly.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM


First of all I have actually lived in the states for over a year.

However you're taking this too serious. Stereotypes are often used to mock/joke. Notice how I made a tea joke, and a waffle joke as well. That should have given away the intended tone. The only thing I forgot was some form of kangaroo or Koala joke for the aussies.


Should've said macaroni and 'roo meat instead of cereal, I think that'd cover all your bases.


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 08:17 AM    Msg. 125 of 251       
Wow, you guys get really butthurt over the most ridiculous things. I'm American and I thought it was hilarious. Get over it!

Back to CE3 talk please.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 01:19 PM    Msg. 126 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Looking at Australia's population distribution and seeing it's main population is focussed in the east of Australia I would say you are able to move it up at least 1 or even 2 hours.

This would cause the following:
Current:
AUS(east): 11am EST: 7PM UK: 0AM Rest of EU: +1AM (You'll miss EU here)

-1 hour:
AUS(east): 10am EST: 6PM (dinner time US?) UK: 11PM Rest of EU: +0AM (so-so)

-2 hour:
AUS(east): 9am EST: 5PM UK: 10PM Rest of EU: +11PM (perfect coverage)

Assuming the show will be roughly an hour.


I support this as a fellow European. It's virtually the perfect compromise. Aussies will just have to eat their cereals behind da PC, americans can eat their MC-Donalds behind da PC, UK can drink their late-night Tea beverage behind da PC, and Belgians can eat their midnight-waffle snack behind the PC.


Lol another stereotype, Europeans eat more McDonalds than Americans... it's a proven fact. "English enjoy fast food slightly more than Americans, and much more than the French, according to a survey of 13 countries by polling body Synovate and the BBC." - So the English eat more fastfood than Americans... lol. -http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/26/britain-consumes-the-most-fast-food.aspx And most Americans I met barely eat fastfood, Europeans know nothing about America...sadly.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM


Svanke Svans
Joined: Apr 3, 2012


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 01:26 PM    Msg. 127 of 251       
Subway or Dominos?


Jesse
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Discord: Holy Crust#4500


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 01:50 PM    Msg. 128 of 251       
Ever since Dominoes changed their recipe, their pizzas are to die for.


How did we come to discussing food?


I will submit my map very soon.
Edited by Jesse on Jun 27, 2012 at 01:52 PM


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 05:02 PM    Msg. 129 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
What americans have you met? We eat fast food all the time.

I mean, I'm not fat, I have a gf and don't eat much fast food myself, but just living here... we eat fastfood more than we should

I'm living in Philadelphia, and no one eats fast-food. That's just you, but it's a stereotype that Americans eat fastfood all the time. Europeans are the ones who eat the most, not Americans. Just Europeans calling Americans 'fat' or 'Americans eat too much fast-food' pisses me off, like really? You have room to talk.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:07 PM

The US has the highest rate of obesity, they are the most obese population in the world, fact.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 05:08 PM    Msg. 130 of 251       
Stop generalising. Most of the US states contribute to the obesity crisis.

The same situation is happening in Britain. England is contributing to the obesity crisis, while the Welsh are awesome. Because I'm so obviously not biased.


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 05:28 PM    Msg. 131 of 251       
How is that generalizing?
It is a fact.
And i told you, nobody cares about wales :)


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 05:51 PM    Msg. 132 of 251       
So Spain beat Portugal by a few millimeters, insane!


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 06:25 PM    Msg. 133 of 251       
Hey, hey guize, let's talk about CE3 stuff. When was the first CE3? What did they show?


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 06:33 PM    Msg. 134 of 251       
I just watched CE3 2011 again on youtube and I laughed wholeheartedly at MPG4 and the interview with Il Duce. "We're cutting out a lot of weapons, including the BR Grenade." "I think our new token weapon could be the needle pistol." "If you don't like it, go play MPG3."


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 27, 2012 09:55 PM    Msg. 135 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Hey, hey guize, let's talk about CE3 stuff. When was the first CE3? What did they show?


Quote: --- Original message on www.HaloCE3.co.nr's About page
CE3 was started in June 2010 when creators MatthewDratt and Slow Bullet came up with the idea. There idea was sloppy and was quickly thrown together. They originally thought the idea would flop and the community would reject it, getting almost no submissions. It didn't happen that way. The community flooded in videos and trailers. Unorganized and rushed Dratt pulled together a 1 hour live show. It aired July 16. The stream suffered from low quality and audio-lag that was soon fixed after the show had to restart about 5 minutes in. Most who attended the show thought the idea was horrible thrown together and boring. Those who didn't attended the live stream and just watched the post-show on youtube thought the idea was well executed and was surprised by the amount of decent content.

Aware of the issues with the live stream production and test-streams for CE3 2011 started in early December 2010. Rules for CE3 2011 have stricken and a cut-off date has been set and cannot be broken. Unlike the 1 month time for a creator to make something for the show in 2010; CE3 2011 was announced early and more time was set for a creator. CE3 2011 aired July 8th 2011.

CE3 2011 was recieve overall well. A poll taken after the showed said that the majority of the people enjoyed CE3 2011 and that they want another year of CE3.

A few months later Dratt announced that he was leaving the production of CE3. An announcement on CE3's youtube channel on a podcast for CE3 2012 revelead that E3pO would take the spot of Dratt. M16 Assault was also brought onboard to do cyborg animations. In June, E3pO was moving and lost internet contact. Left without an editor and no news about E3pO's return, as well as less than a month away from the show, Dratt was brought back onto the project to edit the show. CE3 2012 will air July 28th 2012.

Edited by MatthewDratt on Jun 27, 2012 at 09:58 PM

Also I believe we are going to keep the time at 7pm EST
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Jun 28, 2012 12:49 AM    Msg. 136 of 251       
What is the actual reason for keeping the time at 7pm EST?
Not very motivated to get my stuff done if I can't even watch it.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com


Posted: Jun 28, 2012 12:58 AM    Msg. 137 of 251       
Mr Slow Bullet, let's move the time up by two hours.

5pm Est/4 centrals??

Is that to bad, or do we have to stream it twice?


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Jun 28, 2012 02:40 AM    Msg. 138 of 251       
2 showings might be cool. I know at 4pm i may still be at work.


Nickster5000
Joined: Dec 11, 2010


Posted: Jun 28, 2012 12:49 PM    Msg. 139 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Also if you have any poll ideas letmeh know


Judging the conversation on time zones for the past two pages, maybe you can add a poll about when to stream CE3?


Slayer117
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Host of CE3 2010-forever!


Posted: Jun 28, 2012 02:00 PM    Msg. 140 of 251       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Mr Slow Bullet, let's move the time up by two hours.

5pm Est/4 centrals??

Is that to bad, or do we have to stream it twice?


4 PM people are still working at that time thats why I had it at 8, Mostly Americans are in the CE Community. 8PM CST is perfect for the casual worker who works from 7 to 4. If its 8 in CST People from the east and west with a casual job will be off work by then.

If we have 20 complaints with this time than we can change the time for it.

 
Page 4 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Wed December 11, 2019 4:42 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website