A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo FXAA Injector

Author Topic: Halo FXAA Injector (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 09:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 19       
Halo FXAA Injector
The FXAA injector allows you to enhance your Halo graphics with a variety of post processing effects, including those from enbseries such as bloom and antialiasing(FXAA does it better though), and it's own unique post processes such as technicolour, tonemap, sepia, and vignette.

I found this mod while browsing Skyrim Nexus, and so credit for the mod itself goes to the author listed there: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131

Over the past few days, I've been optimizing the mod's settings so that it will work correctly with Halo, as previously the settings actually made the graphics far worse. Now, I'm ready to release.

There are seven settings files prepared within the zip file containing the mod.

Unfortunately, screenshots disable all of the post processes, so I'm afraid you'll have to see for yourself what the mod is capable of by pressing;
Download

P.S. If you wish to edit any of the settings files, feel free, and post your personal settings here if you want! ;)

P.S.S I know it lags, I can't do anything about that. I've already reduced the lag as much as possible. If you don't mind losing some effects, you could just disable the most power-hungry post processes though, :I

E: It seems the screenshots disable all of the post processes. Removed them, so I'm afraid you'll have to see for yourself what the mod looks like. :(

E2: See the third post in this thread for installation instructions

Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 09:45 AM    Msg. 2 of 19       
How do you install this ? when I try it says me d3d9_43.dll missing

Jaz

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 10:07 AM    Msg. 3 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
How do you install this ? when I try it says me d3d9_43.dll missing

Oops, forgot to post a readme. First of all, if you have enbseries, remove it as it conflicts with this mod.

Then, go into the "Halo FXAA" folder and move 'd3d9.dll', 'shader', and the entire 'injFX_Shaders' folder to your Halo installation folder. And finally, go into the Settings folder, and move one of the settings files to your Halo installation folder. Then, rename that file to 'injFX_Settings', basically removing the addon title. Then, start Halo.

If it still doesn't work, please post a screenshot of your Halo installation folder.

I call this 'Visor Chief'. I reccommend using it on the campaign ;)

/*======================================================================================
"USER" ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS
======================================================================================*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
// These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHADER SELECTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// To disable / enable effects
// 0 = Disable | 1 = Enable
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING 1
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN 0
// HDR NOT COMPLETED!!!
#define USE_HDR 0
#define USE_BLOOM 1
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1
#define USE_TONEMAP 1
#define USE_SEPIA 1
#define USE_VIGNETTE 1
// For use with Anaglyphic 3D glasses!!!
#define USE_ANAGLYPH 0
#define USE_POST_SHARPEN 1
#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER 0

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FXAA QUALITY SELECTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between performance and quality
// Performance [ 1 < 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 > 9 ] Quality
#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 9

FXAA SHADER
// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between minimum and maximum amount of anti aliasing blur
// Minimum [ 1 < 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 > 9 ] Maximum
float fxaaQualitySubpix = 5;

// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between performance and strenght, affects AA processing based on contrast
// Performance [ 1 < 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 > 9 ] Strenght
float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 4;

// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between performance and strenght, affects AA processing on dark edges
// Performance [ 1 < 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 > 9 ] Strenght
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 4;

PRE_SHARPEN
//For higher precision in the calculation of the edge contours, requires a tiny bit more processing power
// 0 = Disable | 1 = Enable
bool highQualitySharpen = 0;

// Set values to calculate the amount of bluer produced by AA to consider for the sharpening pass
#define AverageBlur 3
#define CoefficientsBlur 3

// Set values of the sharpening amounts
#define SharpenEdge 2
#define SharpenContour 1

BLOOM
// Set from 1 to 9 to select a bloom preset
// NOTE: Preset value 1 to 9 takes control over the next 3 settings!
float BloomPreset = 9;

// Set from 1 to 9 to set the min. level at which the effect starts
float BloomThreshold = 5;
// Set from 1 to 9 to set the width of the effect
float BloomWidth = 7;
// Set from 1 to 9 to set the power of the effect
float BloomPower = 8;

TECHNICOLOR
#define TechniAmount 0.48 // 1.00 = Max
#define TechniPower 4.0 // lower values = whitening

// lower values = stronger channel
#define redNegativeAmount 1.00 // 1.00 = Max
#define greenNegativeAmount 1.00 // 1.00 = Max
#define blueNegativeAmount 1.00 // 1.00 = Max

TONEMAP
#define Gamma 0.95
#define Exposure 0.00
#define Saturation 0.60 // use negative values for less saturation.
#define BlueShift 0.10 // Higher = more blue in image.
#define Bleach 0.00 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
#define Defog 0.000 // Strength of Lens Colors.
#define FogColor float4(0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.0) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
#define Desertsand // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between minimum and maximum amount of above chosen color tone to blend in
#define SepiaPower 1
// Set from 1 to 9 to balance between minimum and maximum amount of grey color to blend in
#define GreyPower 1

VIGNETTE
// Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.
#define VignetteRadius 1.00 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -0.70 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

ANAGLYPH
// Anaglyph 3D, Set from 1 to 9 to balance between minimum and maximum seperation
#define AnaglyphSeperation 9

// Anaglyph Colors, Set from 1 to 9 to balance between minimum and maximum to match the color of your glasses
//AnaglyphRed goes to the right, AnaglyphGreen and AnaglyphBlue are mixed to the left
#define AnaglyphRed 1
#define AnaglyphGreen 1
#define AnaglyphBlue 1

POST_SHARPEN
// Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
float Sharpen = 0.06;

FINAL_LIMITER
// Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

To use these settings, just copy and paste them into one of the settings files. I suggest making another copy of the settings you're replacing though. ;)

E: If it's too bright for you, turn sepia off. It'll still fairly bright, but not majorly bright.
Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 12:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 19       
HEy man it says the file isn't available! Can you reupload it? I really want to try this

Jaz

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 12:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
HEy man it says the file isn't available! Can you reupload it? I really want to try this

I think megaupload has to approve it before it'll work. I'll try uploading it to mediafire and you can see if it works without approval time :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ned3w2xj091hjf

If it doesn't work, I guess you'll have to wait till it gets approved... unless you know another trusted hosting site?

E: Uploaded to Halomaps. Now waiting for approval.
Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 05:20 PM    Msg. 6 of 19       
Doesn't work for me. Halo starts up and immediately closes.

HCE root folder screenshot:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3310/hceroot.jpg
Edited by GoldeNTacO on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Jaz

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 05:26 PM    Msg. 7 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: GoldeNTacO

Yeah, for some reason Halo doesn't like running the mod, so it randomly turns off on start up sometimes. Just try a few times and it should work. And don't press Close on the window that pops up to tell you Halo's not working. Just let the game run. And if it randomly minimizes, bring it back up. It's quite irritating. I don't know why it's doing it. Didn't do it when I first tried. Might be the new version of the Injector that's got the issue.

E: Hmm, it also seems you haven't renamed the 'infX_Settings_Cinematic' file. Please rename it to just 'infX_Settings', so remove '_Cinematic'. That was an extension to show variation in the settings files.
Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:39 PM

GoldeNTacO

Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 05:28 PM    Msg. 8 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Yeah, for some reason Halo doesn't like running the mod, so it randomly turns off on start up sometimes. Just try a few times and it should work. And don't press Close on the window that pops up to tell you Halo's not working. Just let the game run. And if it randomly minimizes, bring it back up. It's quite irritating. I don't know why it's doing it. Didn't do it when I first tried. Might be the new version of the Injector that's got the issue.
Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:27 PM
Is there an older version I could try?

Jaz

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 05:41 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:27 PM
Is there an older version I could try?

I'll check tomorrow. I think I still have the old version, so I'll edit the settings on that again to work with Halo, then post it here. Not sure how long it'll take to achieve the level of detail I now have on the new version though. I think the 'new' rendering system's 'new'.

Dr490nbr347h

Stealin yer Cookies.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 06:11 PM    Msg. 10 of 19       
I don't really see a difference.
To me It's just a darker screen.

Jaz

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 06:19 PM    Msg. 11 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr490nbr347h
I don't really see a difference.
To me It's just a darker screen.

Depends which settings you use.

And the settings aren't supposed to be too noticeable. They just make the game look better.
Also, which map were you on while using the mod and which settings did you use?

Dr490nbr347h

Stealin yer Cookies.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 09:40 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
Max Settings.
To me It's just no Difference.
To be Honest, It's a little bit annoying.
Just a Darker screen.
Edited by Dr490nbr347h on Nov 19, 2011 at 09:41 PM

Jaz

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 04:33 AM    Msg. 13 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr490nbr347h

Max Settings.
To me It's just no Difference.
To be Honest, It's a little bit annoying.
Just a Darker screen.
Edited by Dr490nbr347h on Nov 19, 2011 at 09:41 PM

If you used Max settings, then it should look absolutely horrible. The settings aren't set by quality, they're set by power. Super powerful sepia or bloom aren't a good thing.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 06:37 PM    Msg. 14 of 19       
Does this run at all times in halo ce or is there an on/off toggle?
And if there is a toggle for it, would turning the injector off in turn stop the lag?
Edited by xKRONNiKx on Nov 20, 2011 at 06:39 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 10:43 PM    Msg. 15 of 19       
Can we have a screenie comparing this and ENBseries

askmii77

Press Alt+F4 for confetti!

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 08:53 AM    Msg. 16 of 19       
Opensauce is a better, and more stable choice of post processing effects.

Jaz

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:05 PM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: xKRONNiKx

Does this run at all times in halo ce or is there an on/off toggle?
And if there is a toggle for it, would turning the injector off in turn stop the lag?
Edited by xKRONNiKx on Nov 20, 2011 at 06:39 PM

There's no on/off toggle that I know of. And I've stopped concentrating on this injector as a newer version of enbseries was posted about on the [UnOfficial} ENB Screen Shot Thread. The new version of enbseries is exceptional, and my current settings are certainly the best graphics I could ask for from Halo.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:09 PM    Msg. 18 of 19       
Yea well, stop braggin and post em. I wanna see

Jaz

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:34 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
Yea well, stop braggin and post em. I wanna see

I'm not braggin'. I'm not gonna post them yet because I'm not sure if they'll work on other computers. I have some background settings that might effect enbseries quite a bit. I'll need to check once I get bored of Skyrim. Meaning uh... you may need to get some coffee.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 AM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website