A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo CE Maps (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP][56k]Inferi Redivivus

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [WIP][56k]Inferi Redivivus (69 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 07:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 69       
'Inferi Redivivus' which for you non-latin speakers, translates to: 'The Dead Reincarnated' or 'The Parasite'.

If you haven't guessed by now, this is the new topic for 'The Flood Campaign'. Those of you who have been following us since the beginning know the intention of this mod, however, those of you new to it, there is an FAQ at the bottom of this post. I suggest older fans read through it too, as it has some new information.

What you're probably wondering now is why we decided to lock our old thread and start a new one. Well, it's simple; the mod has undergone such a radical adjustment that we felt a new topic was needed in order to show how much has changed. The most major transformation the mod has undergone is the inclusion of several custom levels which replace old levels which planned to only utilise original game bsps or parts. This revision not only gives us much more room for interesting and epic encounters but it also makes for a much more unique Single-Player experience. So without further adieu, here are some pics of our new first map 'Released':

(Right click images and open in new tab/window for larger size.)

This is Mod Progress as of today:

Mod Progress:
(f10) Released: Level under Construction
(f20) The Key:0.0%
(f30) A Plan to Escape:0.0%
(c40) Stop the Key from turning (StKft): Final Beta Testing Stages by Community Members. (Closed Beta)
(f60) Reclaimer:0.0%

Team members, and what they are working on:
Myself(Lone Warrior): Tagwork, Level Building/Design.
Koo294: Level Building/Design, Tagwork.

Contributors: (Not just tags, but the inspiration and motivation to finish this project.)
Koo
Rofl Troller/Tuaha
BeachParty - HUD
Elefant
Mythril
L28
Delta - H2 Elites
Dwood
Igotaname
Polamee
Koo (wut, y u here twice)
Gamma
Karrde
HDoan/DMT - Halo 2 Grunts
CMT - Enforcer
ODX
L0d3x
Higuy
Jesse
Conscars - Awesome Precipice Sky
Kiwi Radioactive

Trailers:

'Released' Teaser Trailer #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlT0iK2Qc0&context=C3fd2c63ADOEgsToPDskIO78h3MlQ35T7LbedpZfBO

First Official Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-V_9Kuj6Y

Old Beta Release:
StKft

Mirror 1:(Mediafire) http://www.mediafire.com/?pfkzp4p8d8c2amz
Mirror 2:(Moddb) http://www.moddb.com/mods/flood-campaign-project/downloads/stkft-v01betademo-release

Media Section:
Pics: Note: Everything you see can and may be changed. Everything is Work In Progress.

Content:
Grunt Dismemberment:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROY-zjyUrs

Pics:

Health System and Flood(Health)Pack:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQR6Aw0wjg

Pics:

Flood Carrier Variants:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYd1Q1Q4pFM

Pics:

Covenant 'Draugr' Mortar Turret:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGV6dzor_o

Pics:

Flood Environments:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIV7FalNGOs

Pics:

Flood Elite Armored - Credit to Koo and I

Flood Human Armored - Credit to Koo and I

Sentinel Major - Credit to Polamee

Sentinel Marauder: - Credit to Bungie for Sentinel Parts and I for the Marauder

Miscellaneous:

FAQ

Q: What is the intention of this mod?
A: The intention of this mod is to make an awesome single-player and campaign experience, introduce completely new and custom tags to the game, while hopefully having fun and learning something while doing it.

Q:Who will the player be playing as?
A: The Player will be playing as Elite/Human forms.

Q: Why make a "Flood based" mod?
A: Well, I decided to make a Flood based mod after I saw the lack of Flood mods out there. This encouraged me to do something different, instead of the usual campaign mod.

Q: What types of new content will be available?
A: All types! but you'll have to play the mod to see fully what new stuff we've added.

Q: What is the plot of this SP mod?
A: The Story begins in a Flood Containment facility on Alpha Halo. Inside the facility the Covenant have just opened a testing chamber which stores a Gravemind that the Forerunners were experimenting on. Upon entering, the Covenant are attacked by multiple infection forms. And the chaos begins. For the rest of story, we don't want to give away any more information currently, but we will after the first map is released.

Q: Where can I get the beta? and when?
A: There is an early beta of StKft(Stop the Key from Turning) released. Which can be found in the HaloMaps CE section. However, this does not contain all of our tags. This early beta is only meant to serve as a taste of what's to come (and our current build barely resembles the public beta). Betas for other maps will not be released, but we will however be choosing a certain number of people from both the Halomaps and Moddb community to beta test our mod. Stay tuned for that!

Q: How can I help? Join?
A: We are currently looking for people experienced in texture-creation and first/third person animation. All other posts are filled currently. If you wish to help, then send Lone Warrior a pm on Halomaps or post in the topic dedicated to the Flood Campaign.

Q: When are you going to release the mod?
A: Due to several major changes regarding the structure of each level a specific release date has not been confirmed, nor will all of the maps be released at once.

Q: Why should I play this mod?
A: This mod aims at offering a unique Single-Player experience with plenty of new content to go with it. If you want to play an enjoyable and unique campaign, then this mod is for you.

Q: Where can I find more about this mod?
A: We have 2 main websites currently in use: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39356 on Halomaps and http://www.moddb.com/mods/flood-campaign-project on Moddb. Alternatively, we also have a Youtube channel which we will post any new videos on. The channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FloodCampaignCE?feature=mhee

Q: Will the Master Chief be in your mod?
A: It's possible.

Q: Will there be dialogue in the mod?
A: Yes we will have custom dialogue for the Gravemind.

Q: Is there a trailer for mod?
A: Yes you can view it on Moddb here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/flood-campaign-project/videos/flood-campaign-teaser-trailer-1#imagebox Or on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-V_9Kuj6Y More trailers will also be released at a later stage.

Q: Will the mod be Open Source?
A: Yes all files will be un-protected upon release. We do however ask if you use these files that proper credit is given.

And for those who didn't understand where we went, and/or have been asking for updates for ages. I sincerely apologise, but I felt that we couldn't make a new thread until we had parts of the level in a ready-to-show stage.

Koo should be posting shortly with a Beta Application Form for you guys to fill out. If you're chosen you'll be beta testing StKft for us. Other maps will be at a later stage.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Nov 19, 2011 at 07:36 PM
Edited by Lone Warrior on Nov 19, 2011 at 07:41 PM
Edited by Lone Warrior on Feb 11, 2012 at 06:08 AM

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 07:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 69       
If you want to beta test the level 'Stop the Key from turning', fill in the form below and PM it to either lone or me:

Quote: Name(Game Alias):
Email:

About yourself:

Computer Specifications:

Why do you think you should be chosen for beta testing?:

Have you beta tested for any mods before?:

Edited by Koo294 on Nov 19, 2011 at 07:42 PM

Spartan314

Biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 07:44 PM    Msg. 3 of 69       
I thought this died!
Good thing I was wrong!

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 07:47 PM    Msg. 4 of 69       
Really cool man. Looking forward to playtesting more!

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 12:11 AM    Msg. 5 of 69       
Sweetness! I thought this died! Nice to see it back

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 01:31 AM    Msg. 6 of 69       
Awesomesauce

bourrin33

Rips > custom

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 02:06 AM    Msg. 7 of 69       
I think I can help you in this project, for FP animation, and a lot of stuff about weapons, bipeds, vehicles
I can quickly make a flood FP, and tweak floodish melee animation for FP, or remake a full set

Looking awesome and well polished

Higuy

Episode 3 confirmed

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 07:40 AM    Msg. 8 of 69       
Finally showed this off =)

Looking great guys, keep up the good work!

Lone Warrior

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 09:29 AM    Msg. 9 of 69       
Thanks for all the feedback on the thread everyone! We're really happy to have it back up and running again, and hope to be showing off more stuff soon.

Just to say too, that we'll be stopping accepting application forms for beta testing this Friday as I'm gonna be handing out the beta to those we've chosen on Saturday/Sunday, so if you're interested in testing then send me or Koo294 a pm with the application form filled out.

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
I think I can help you in this project, for FP animation, and a lot of stuff about weapons, bipeds, vehicles
I can quickly make a flood FP, and tweak floodish melee animation for FP, or remake a full set

Looking awesome and well polished

Add me on xfire: warlordkillsall and we'll talk it over there, if we do recruit you it'll be for fp animation just so you know.

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 05:23 PM    Msg. 10 of 69       
wow you are back one of my favorites singleplayer projects is back on! with news, keep your work and thanx for news!

Nickster5000

Firefight: Sector 9

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 08:56 PM    Msg. 11 of 69       
Dang, you used the same name as my SP maps (F10, etc) Oh well. :P

TM_updates

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 08:39 AM    Msg. 12 of 69       
You guys should make a small action-trailer showing off some (not all!) of the new assets in epic encounters!

Lone Warrior

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 07:51 PM    Msg. 13 of 69       
Just posting to say that I've replied to those who sent application forms for beta testing and have been accepted. You know who you are, and remember to follow the rules :). To all those who didn't make it, in the future, when other maps are nearing this stage, you will have another chance to get into a beta, so don't give up!

Hopefully we'll have some more pics up soon of our new level. I'm currently in the process of remaking a room so it's more awesome, while Koo is busy fixing up some issues with the rest of the bsp. Once that's done, we'll be moving onto the next part of the level. And when that's completed, we hope to make a short video showcasing what we have so far.

TM_updates

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 09:03 PM    Msg. 14 of 69       
Me neither. This project deserves alot of positive attention imo, after having played several betas and getting to know the project leader. It's my favorite project in the community aside from my own stuff :-)

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 11:53 AM    Msg. 15 of 69       
Hello lonewolf, i'am very intersting in the project ^^ (a floods campaign would be awesome :D). If you want i can help you ( your team ) for your project. I can make fp animations, shadering, vehicles, bipeds; and bsp. I sometimes work with bourrin because its a good guy and he is french like me ^^. Together we can make very good tags. So, i love the project, very awesome idea :D nice works.

Lone Warrior

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 01:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier
Hello lonewolf, i'am very intersting in the project ^^ (a floods campaign would be awesome :D). If you want i can help you ( your team ) for your project. I can make fp animations, shadering, vehicles, bipeds; and bsp. I sometimes work with bourrin because its a good guy and he is french like me ^^. Together we can make very good tags. So, i love the project, very awesome idea :D nice works.

Thanks! Looking forward to see what you come up with :).

And thanks again for the awesome comments, we're looking to make this one helluva project :).

darksoldier

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 06:50 PM    Msg. 17 of 69       
Hello guys, for news :

I work on a flood fp ( bourrin has made a flloods fp but i think the models and textures is not good, because its the fp from the h1 flood), today i work on a new models, 40 % done, screens will coming soon.
The assault rifle's animations are 60 % ( moving, overlay, posing, firing )
The plasma pistol's animations are 20 % ( firing, posing )
The other animations are comming ;)

darksoldier

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 07:18 PM    Msg. 18 of 69       
Yes glodkilla :D , i pretty love this project, and i will make my awesome stuff for the campaign and for lone and koo, the originals leaders!!!!! ;)
Edited by darksoldier on Nov 29, 2011 at 07:19 PM

Spartan314

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 09:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 69       
1. OS/Kornman's HEK
2. CMT SPV3
3. Lumoria
4. This

Really hard to make a list... I really hope all of these get completed!

TM_updates

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 11:08 PM    Msg. 20 of 69       
I think I like Goldkilla more than Spartan314 :-)

darksoldier

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 05:37 AM    Msg. 21 of 69       
hello guys, theres are screen to the fp (WIPS) i work on fingers and tentacles now, but anyways look :D the models have 547 poly counts, i will reduce the number of poly when i will finished entierly the model ;)

Yes, i know, it just that, but i will finished it today :D and more screens of the fp comming soon :D
Edited by darksoldier on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:43 AM
Edited by darksoldier on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:52 AM

Lone Warrior

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 05:39 AM    Msg. 22 of 69       
Nice progress for such a short time, looking forward to the end product :).
Edited by Lone Warrior on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:45 AM

TM_updates

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 05:40 AM    Msg. 23 of 69       
Gogo france!!!!!!!!!

bourrin33

Rips > custom

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 03:18 PM    Msg. 24 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier

hello guys, theres are screen to the fp (WIPS) i work on fingers and tentacles now, but anyways look :D the models have 547 poly counts, i will reduce the number of poly when i will finished entierly the model ;)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4519/floodsarmsprogress3.png

Yes, i know, it just that, but i will finished it today :D and more screens of the fp comming soon :D
Edited by darksoldier on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:43 AM
Edited by darksoldier on Nov 30, 2011 at 05:52 AM

Wth are you doing ?

Spartan314

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 10:38 PM    Msg. 25 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
Tbh, I'd rather see

1. Lumoria :D
2. Infeir Redivivus
3. SSO's Texmod
4. CMT SPv3

That's dead

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Dec 11, 2011 08:28 AM    Msg. 26 of 69       
With some modifications, this could be a great RTS and FPS hybrid. The Flood are after all one of the greatest game villains of all time!
-Zekilk

Lone Warrior

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 07:47 PM    Msg. 27 of 69       
Ah, our second news post since we announced custom levels being present in our mod. As you can probably guess, it's more of the same. Pictures of the new level and whatnot. However there's also some information about StKft too in this news post. So don't worry.

Well, starting off here are the new pictures from Released:

First up we have a generator room, which will be one of the very first objectives for the player.

We've taken a stand back from the claustrophobic 343 Guilty Spark-esque corridors in favour of the 'grand' Forerunner areas that are so prevalent throughout Halo for this area.

Secondly, we have a picture of a small Flood Containment Room. These will be seen quite a lot in Released and are regularly a source of backup in the form of more Flood.

Thirdly we have some pictures that I may have forgot to upload here after I uploaded to Moddb (sorry!). The following pictures are of the entrance into the generator room, and one of the entrances into the elevator room.

Lastly, we have news about StKft. We finished up the closed beta test about 2 weeks ago, and quite frankly I can't be more happy with how it went. I was, admittedly, rather apprehensive about how the level would be viewed, but it was rated quite well, which is great. More to the point however, issues were raised that needed addressing and I'm glad that we've had the time to do that. Since then we've fixed those issues, and began adding dialogue to the level. After this will be fp arms/animations and finalising the tagset for the level.

Once those are complete, we are considering releasing StKft as a type of 'demo' level. Much like Bungie's Silent Cartographer demo/trial release. Let us know what you think of this idea.

Thus ends our newest update, we shall continue working on all fronts and we will hopefully have some new pictures up soon.

TM_updates

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 07:54 PM    Msg. 28 of 69       
Cool update, inspires me to pump iron!
Keep up the great work :)

Higuy

Episode 3 confirmed

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 11:54 PM    Msg. 29 of 69       
Looks pumpin'.

TM_updates

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 04:58 AM    Msg. 30 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
I don't know why, but I think there should be some kind of old abandoned mine somewhere in the map. XD

Idk, random imagination.

A...flooded mine? :O

bourrin33

Rips > custom

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 05:46 AM    Msg. 31 of 69       
I'm sorry but i'm unable to log on and work regulary on what i'm supposed to do...

I'll start working on it asap

Lone Warrior

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 05:08 PM    Msg. 32 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
I'm sorry but i'm unable to log on and work regulary on what i'm supposed to do...

I'll start working on it asap

Alright, send me a pm with progress so far, and we'll talk through that.

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
I don't know why, but I think there should be some kind of old abandoned mine somewhere in the map. XD

Idk, random imagination.

Well, there'll be caves in the level if that's enough :o.

Just to reiterate if anyone missed it: What do you think about us releasing StKft (when it's fully done) as a demo/trial level like what Bungie did with The Silent Cartographer? Or would you guys prefer we just release the maps in the correct order?

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 05:38 PM    Msg. 33 of 69       
mmmmm thought i would like to see it in order i would rather se stkft as demo level and nice work

TM_updates

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 08:09 PM    Msg. 34 of 69       
I think you guys should definitely release Stkft as a demo level. Playing that map was what got me interested in this project in the first place :)

Spartan314

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 08:16 PM    Msg. 35 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
I think you guys should definitely release Stkft as a demo level. Playing that map was what got me interested in this project in the first place :)

Definitely. I know that's what got me into this as well.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 20, 2014 6:43 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website