A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke.

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. (181 messages, Page 1 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

NeiaG

Ohai Mark

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 05:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 181       
I have been part of the CE community for a long time, since 2005 I believe, going in and out for these late years. I have seen remarkable feats from these good folk here. From recreating weapons, creating whole new weapons, even building enemies from the model up. But it was only until today that I have fully felt the astonishment it gives off. This was sparked off by my action of playing Halo: Anniversary.

343 Industries, which I believe I can describe most accurately as "A rape child between Bungie and Microsoft", thought it would be a good idea to do a remake of the first Halo. They have made new animations for cut scenes, totally redone the scenery for all the levels, new weapon models and sounds, even new bipeds.... Actually, scratched that last part. They imported them from Halo: Reach.

To the inexperienced mind, this is pretty cool. I will give it credit for the ingame swap-off between classic graphics, and new-gen graphics, and the new animations for cutscenes, but aside from that, this is a joke. There are multiple, MULTIPLE errors I have come across due to all their importing tactics which they have ignorantly viewed, they models on all the characters are also half-assed, limbs being ignored so they run around with their mouths gaping. animations in cutscenes, though I am impressed by their efforts, are horrible glitchy. All the sounds, in my opinion, do not fit the weapons at all, and there is nothing eye widening or surprising about this paint dunked, Christmas light wrapped turd of a game that should stay as it's original classic form.

And might I comment on someones quote
"We have made this game for the people who have missed out on the first Halo game"
Stop pulling lame-ass excuses to release the same game to widen your wallet.

You fine folk, who represent the Halo: Custom Edition face, I tip my hat to you in respect, for creating such beautiful masterpieces. By taking your time and effort to release a work of art for free to a small group of people shows you have more kindness to man than the half-brained nimwads at 343 Industries who have the nerves to even put the $40 price tag on the game.

Thank you, and continue to astound the community.
Edited by NeiaG on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 05:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeiaG
And might I comment on someones quote
"We have made this game for the people who have missed out on the first Halo game"
Stop pulling lame-ass excuses to release the same game to widen your wallet.
Edited by NeiaG on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Agreed. If people have missed out on the first Halo game, there's a simple solution.

Buy Halo 1 for 35 less than HCEA! ;)
Edited by Jaz on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:30 PM

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 05:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 181       
Yeah. The enviroments were decent though.
Everything else was just sad.

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 05:41 PM    Msg. 4 of 181       
i am pretty shure that the halomaps community could do a much better job

kinda seems like they hired a bunch of bungie rejects.
Edited by killzone64 on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:42 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 06:06 PM    Msg. 5 of 181       
I stay in classic music

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 06:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 181       
I think they beat us to what we could have done by now. Their environments are better than we could remake, given our engine limitations and lesser manpower.
However we could have done a better job with objects, characters, animations, and the like, without reusing the reach/halo 3 ones. Makes me think of CMT.

Bobblehob

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 08:57 PM    Msg. 7 of 181       
Wow, I love how much of a paint dunked turd you are, mister OP. In retrospect, yeah, that does sound just as stupid as it did when you said it.

Now, on to the game, lets see, what specifically did you point out. Ah yes, models being reused from Reach, well then, its that or pay the 60 dollars for a full price game, and get redone models. Not every model in the game was re-used if you would remember correctly, i.e. the Chief, the flood marines, the proto gravemind, and of course every bit of every environment in the entire game, lets just overlook that little detail. Lets overlook the time and effort involved, as well as the work it took to get all of those models rigged to the original games animations. Lets also overlook the fact that all of those glitches that you mentioned occur within the original game because guess what, the game is running on the base engine that the original game uses. Meaning, if you were playing the original game without the graphics engine Sabre added, you would still have the same glitches.

And lets not forget the biggest and most annoying thing that you ignore multiple times throughout your stupid, ill informed post. 343 DID NOT MAKE THIS GAME! Sabre interactive and certain affinity did.

Now why don't you actually spend some time to understand how the game was made, and inform yourself before you begin blathering on about things you dont understand. Then present a well informed and insightful opinion, instead of this.
Edited by Bobblehob on Nov 20, 2011 at 09:06 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 09:01 PM    Msg. 8 of 181       
I loved the HCEA game, but I agree there was so many errors that could have been fixed.

Sprinkle

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 09:33 PM    Msg. 9 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Wow, I love how much of a paint dunked turd you are, mister OP. In retrospect, yeah, that does sound just as stupid as it did when you said it.

Now, on to the game, lets see, what specifically did you point out. Ah yes, models being reused from Reach, well then, its that or pay the 60 dollars for a full price game, and get redone models. Not every model in the game was re-used if you would remember correctly, i.e. the Chief, the flood marines, the proto gravemind, and of course every bit of every environment in the entire game, lets just overlook that little detail. Lets overlook the time and effort involved, as well as the work it took to get all of those models rigged to the original games animations. Lets also overlook the fact that all of those glitches that you mentioned occur within the original game because guess what, the game is running on the base engine that the original game uses. Meaning, if you were playing the original game without the graphics engine Sabre added, you would still have the same glitches.

And lets not forget the biggest and most annoying thing that you ignore multiple times throughout your stupid, ill informed post. 343 DID NOT MAKE THIS GAME! Sabre interactive and certain affinity did.

Now why don't you actually spend some time to understand how the game was made, and inform yourself before you begin blathering on about things you dont understand. Then present a well informed and insightful opinion, instead of this.

How do you jack up the price to $60 just cause they have to redo all the models, that's what a REMAKE is. I'd gladly pay $60 in full if they did a remake the right way and included an online multiplayer and custom models, are you really that cheap? Also seeing as the map pack is being sold for $15 the game is technically only $25.

Clearly they didn't spent enough time matching the visual models with the collision models causing invisible walls in a lot of places. This ruins gameplay significantly and just shows how little time and effort went into those small details.

If they weren't re-using halo reach's model they wouldn't need to worry about warping the models to make them match the rig of an old game. There's a 10 year difference between the games, there were certain restrictions such as only being able to render a certain number of nodes at a time because of the hardware at the time. No matter how you change it there's always going to be that small detail that just doesn't look right.

It doesn't matter who made it, all of it was being closely monitored by the watchful eye of microsoft. Most likely no matter who made it the result would be the same, a giant turd.

Now why don't stop being a douchebag and go learn some manners.
Edited by Sprinkle on Nov 20, 2011 at 09:38 PM

Bobblehob

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 10:07 PM    Msg. 10 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle

How do you jack up the price to $60 just cause they have to redo all the models, that's what a REMAKE is. I'd gladly pay $60 in full if they did a remake the right way and included an online multiplayer and custom models, are you really that cheap? Also seeing as the map pack is being sold for $15 the game is technically only $25.

Clearly they didn't spent enough time matching the visual models with the collision models causing invisible walls in a lot of places. This ruins gameplay significantly and just shows how little time and effort went into those small details.

If they weren't re-using halo reach's model they wouldn't need to worry about warping the models to make them match the rig of an old game. There's a 10 year difference between the games, there were certain restrictions such as only being able to render a certain number of nodes at a time because of the hardware at the time. No matter how you change it there's always going to be that small detail that just doesn't look right.

It doesn't matter who made it, all of it was being closely monitored by the watchful eye of microsoft. Most likely no matter who made it the result would be the same, a giant turd.

Now why don't stop being a douchebag and go learn some manners.
Edited by Sprinkle on Nov 20, 2011 at 09:38 PM

Hmm, they are working on a much bigger project at the moment, so they decided to reuse some assets, big whoop.

The gameplay is the exact same as CE, and is supposed to be that way, therefore, they cant change the collision models from the original game now can they? Think logically for a moment and stop acting like a tard.

Stop trying to defend someone elses ignorance with your own.

Sprinkle

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 10:50 PM    Msg. 11 of 181       
What bigger project? The only thing on their minds should be the task at hand until it is completed. They probably spent more time trying to get those assets to work just to get a less than professional result. I can see why you wouldn't care.

Well it doesn't play exactly the same as Halo 1 if there's invisible walls everywhere now does it? Well didn't that back fire on you. It's only common sense that if you change the visual shape of an object you'd expect the collision to match it.

Edit: Also who says they can't? It wouldn't be to hard to switch a reference to which collision to use depending on what style they are using. Maybe you should go read up on how games are made before posting a bold statement like that.

I'm not defending anyone here, he happens to share some of my opinions.
Edited by Sprinkle on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Dark Neon

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 11:07 PM    Msg. 12 of 181       
It's not a game. Never will be.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:28 AM    Msg. 13 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

halomaps is just mad that 343I got it done before they did, because all the members here do are fight over who's animations and assault rifle models are better and nothing gets done

doubleodoughnut

-theoretical mapper- XFire:doubleodoughnut

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 01:54 AM    Msg. 14 of 181       
I agree entirely with that statement and haloisahorriblegane stop tormenting us and go complain to you mommy about how you xbox dosent work and stop constantly saying that we are all lazy and don't know anything about anything

I'll bet you are the reason nothing gets done ....

SO WITH THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY WITH ME (except dennis maybe)

LEAVE US ALONE!!!

Edited by doubleodoughnut on Nov 21, 2011 at 01:57 AM

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 01:56 AM    Msg. 15 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: doubleodoughnut
I agree entirely with that statement and haloisahorriblegane stop tormenting us and go complain to you mommy about how you xbox dosent work

hahahah I was a 45 two years back in Halo 3 and I'll destroy you in the anniversary playlist

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Nov 21, 2011 at 01:56 AM

doubleodoughnut

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 01:58 AM    Msg. 16 of 181       
leave us alone

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 01:59 AM    Msg. 17 of 181       

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 02:03 AM    Msg. 18 of 181       
Wellp, at least the team can brag about making a halo game on the actual XBOX :P

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 02:40 AM    Msg. 19 of 181       
To all of the haters, here is a solemn message from a concerned true Halo believer.

Might I say first and foremost that while I respect where you are comign from, you are dead WRONG! Honors to Bobblehob for his stirring speech, I tip my hat to you. However, let me review somethign 343 said about Anniversary...

"We want to deliver the gameplaythe same, warts and all."

Now, what does that mean, I ask? Well, if you think about it, they are appreciating the magnificent work of Bungie. Nobody should have the right to change the gameplay of Combat Evolved when calling it a remake.

My good sirs, Halo CE was good BECAUSE OF THE WAY IT WAS! Sure, there were warts, but I'm pretty sure there are warts on you. There are warts on everything. Because nobody is perfect. The promise was the authentic Halo Combat Evolved experience. They delivered that.

Onto the reusing of the models. Seems to me you have a problem with it. Sure, I hate Reach Elites, but they are workign on a massive project:Delivering Halo 4 in a way that will have the authentic Halo experience. It is a hard job. I doubt even you, with your supposed skills and knowledge of this, would be able to even reach a fraction of what they are trying to achieve.

I suspect Bobblehob has already enlightened you on the rest of the specifics, so I leave you in peace, oh humble paint-dunked turd.

PEACE OFF!

doubleodoughnut

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:01 AM    Msg. 20 of 181       
really, comparing me to a gay sodomite

really

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:10 AM    Msg. 21 of 181       
I liked Halo Anniversary, the fact that I can play Halo 1 without frame rate issues was enough for me to drop the $40. The remade classic maps for Reach I've also found really satisfying.

If any of you feel taken by what you got with Halo Anniversary, that's your fault not Microsoft's or 343. From the get go they stated exactly what Halo Anniversary was, a direct remake of Halo 1 with improved graphics.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:11 AM    Msg. 22 of 181       
What 'e said.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:17 AM    Msg. 23 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop15
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

halomaps is just mad that 343I got it done before they did, because all the members here do are fight over who's animations and assault rifle models are better and nothing gets done
^This

This

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:38 AM    Msg. 24 of 181       
@ OP

343 made it PERFECTLY clear this was a remake I think and that people would know what they were getting. Money had to be put into it, thus money had to be gotten out of it. Halo PC still sells for 15-20 in many places. With the artists that needed to be paid, the extra coding needing to be done, etc etc.. I believe it is PERFECTLY reasonable that the game would sell for $40 when many new games sell for $55, $60, sometimes MORE.
And despite that, as I said before, people knew EXACTLY what they would be getting. Their choice to buy it is their own. If you are butt-hurt you bought it and expected something extra, then you my good sir are a full-blown retard. If you didn't buy it and aren't butt-hurt in this way, qwitchurbitchin! So in other words, you need to stop being retarded or stop bitchin about something that doesn't affect you.

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 03:59 AM    Msg. 25 of 181       
MW3 is $100 when it's basically a MW2 remake.

You're Aussie aren't you! *looks at xfire* YUP!

For us it's $60 here in the US at the moment.

50predator50

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 04:03 AM    Msg. 26 of 181       
MW3 Is still total crap. I haven't bought HCEA yet but it looks great fun.

roviet1337

Lord of Admirals

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 05:18 AM    Msg. 27 of 181       
I literally almost threw up when I saw the sniper rifle... but I traded in my original xbox cd so I got 20 dollars off.. so with skulls achievments the multiplayer reach pack [which in my opinon was incrediblewell made] and the raw gameplay itself it was a good mod for 20 bucks. I played it thru entirely in classic which was quit fun. Knock it if you want but its a mere remake... ill judge 343's gaming competance when halo 4 comes out.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 05:39 AM    Msg. 28 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
MW3 is $100 when it's basically a MW2 remake.

You're Aussie aren't you! *looks at xfire* YUP!

For us it's $60 here in the US at the moment.

To bad I'm a aussie to... I could get stuff much cheaper. But hey! I could be from new zealand

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 07:56 AM    Msg. 29 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

The game isn't even worth 40 dollars itself, even with some of the models redone.

Look at it this way: I could have bought Skyrim, or HCEA. Skyrim was still $60, however it was new. It wasn't a simple rehash of same game 10 years ago with just new models and updated animations (hardly). If there was seriously going to be a price tag on HCEA, it should have been more like $20, if that.

Bobblehob

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 09:41 AM    Msg. 30 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

The game isn't even worth 40 dollars itself, even with some of the models redone.

Look at it this way: I could have bought Skyrim, or HCEA. Skyrim was still $60, however it was new. It wasn't a simple rehash of same game 10 years ago with just new models and updated animations (hardly). If there was seriously going to be a price tag on HCEA, it should have been more like $20, if that.

If it was just the campaign, then yeah, I would agree with you, but there is more than that too it. :P

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 11:01 AM    Msg. 31 of 181       
But not everybody likes Reach multiplayer, even with the title update. It's annoying that you are forced to get this MP content if you don't want it. So no matter how you turn it, you pay 40 dollars for a campaign remake if you dislike the Reach MP. Which is 20 dollars too much.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:07 PM    Msg. 32 of 181       
Bunch of idiots. Seriously STFU, if you like it GREAT, if not- DO NOT BUY IT.

I bought it and honestly loved it, hadn't played Halo 1 in ages and it felt fresh and new.

Believe it or not, it shouldn't matter if they reused models if the majority, if not all, of the people playing it didn't notice....which they didn't.

OrangeJuice

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:36 PM    Msg. 33 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D

I agree because youtube exists.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:39 PM    Msg. 34 of 181       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D

I agree because youtube exists.

What?

OrangeJuice

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:43 PM    Msg. 35 of 181       
if you like it GREAT : You can study the gameplay mechanics by watching gameplay vids on youtube, then choose to like it or not.

if not- DO NOT BUY IT : If you don't like what you see, don't go and buy the game, sheesh

You can have retarded reasons too as long as you explain your retarded reason for something :P

If you don't like wasting money, or are just a cheapo, you can see what you are planning to get by first watching it on youtube. It's a revolutionary idea!
Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 20, 2019 11:11 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website