A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Any hope for this?

Author Topic: Any hope for this? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

lobster

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 10:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Is there any hope that this would ever be released server side?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwP-GbXnPew

It's a fix for the terrible hit detection.
Edited by lobster on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 11:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
it's not about hit detection, hit detection is fine, however, lag compensation is not. My recommendation would just be vsync for those of you whose computers can handle it. It decreases the drift very much.

lobster

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 11:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I actually play with it on and it's still terrible. I usually have to lead about a body in front.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 02:45 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
it's not about hit detection, hit detection is fine, however, lag compensation is not. My recommendation would just be vsync for those of you whose computers can handle it. It decreases the drift very much.

Actually, it's because of the host-side servering. Because (for whatever reason) in the video the guy has it so it's client-side entirely, you don't need to worry about leading so much. This is why H2V doesn't have leading problems; because the servers are client-side connections. This does make hacking more difficult to combat, however.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 04:04 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
I THINK the video shown actually simply increased the auto-aim on some weapons such as the pistol. Or something similar, Jesse I believe once told me something like that was used on Sandtrap to "compensate" lag.

HaloIsAHorribleGane

I'd rather play yahtzee

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 05:09 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Download?

you obviously have this

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 5:05 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website