A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Joy for the Holidays!

Author Topic: Joy for the Holidays! (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 06:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       
To be honest...I was hesitant on releasing these Halo 3 sounds that i found on a website a while back. And, considering that the website no longer exists....I was even more hesitant on releasing them or not. But i figured "Hey! Its nearing the Holidays and I am feeling generous and I should help out the general Halo Map making community." So I have considered releasing some very special Halo 3 sound that (as far as i know) cannot be found on the internet anymore. I was able to find and download this Winrar Archive that was from a website that has long since been shutdown. This Archive has just about every single Halo 3 sound (in a MP3 format) that you can think of or imagine. From weapons sounds to death sounds to even Halo 3 map level background sounds. I hope you all enjoy them.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Quanza and Happy Holiday's to everyone out there!

To: You all of the Halo Mapping Community
Here is your special Gift: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8wmtnpy583e1bma
Edited by videoman on Dec 2, 2011 at 07:09 PM

tufferred

Smile! Life could be worse!

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 06:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Awesome! Thanks! Merry Christmas!

astroboy1017

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 06:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
Thanks Bro...This is Brandon

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 06:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
Thanks a bunch man,appreciated.

videoman

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 07:00 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
No problem everyone. I am glad you guys like them and when i find more cool sounds I will post them. Here most likely.

Happy Holiday!

Videoman

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 06:57 AM    Msg. 6 of 23       
You should upload this to halomaps, you know, just in case you lose it...

ReconNinja117

Used to be terrible. Probably still am.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 09:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: game user10
You should upload this to halomaps, you know, just in case you lose it...

You really should. Make it more well known.
I also hope the Halo 3 Carbine and Brute Shot sounds are in there. I'm kind of sick of the Halo 2 ones by now.
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:39 PM

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 12:57 AM    Msg. 8 of 23       
If someone does use these could you post a link to the compiled .sound version, I only ask because I've heard that compiling HCE sounds properly can be a tricky process and I plan on using them in H2V which can use HCE .sound files, TY.

videoman

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 07:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 23       
Let me first say that i purposely took down the Halo 3 Sound Archive File for a good reason. Now let me explain why.
Recently i have been getting PMs from people complaining about how they files were crappy and were not already compiled and were a waste of their time. They also said that i was too lazy to upload them to Halomaps.org Main Files Database and it was a pain to try and find then in the forums. Now...let me say that it is these peoples fault that i took down the Halo 3 Sound Archive File from Mediafire. Why you may ask? It is because i uploaded the Halo 3 Sound Archive File as a kind gesture and as a present for the holidays for the community. But when getting the ungrateful and rude PMs i was realized that even though i was trying to be nice some people just do not understand that you cannot always get what you want the way you want it. This is why the file was removed by me. If any of you are upset do not blame me, blame your fellow Halo Mappers for being rude and ungrateful for not appreciating a kind gift that i did not have to upload in the first place.
In addition to that, i have tried to upload other files onto Halomaps.org but they are never successfully posted under the Halo CE directory. This is why i have not uploaded the Halo 3 Sounds file to the Halo CE directory.

This is the reason why the link to the file no longer exists.

Thank you for your understanding.

Videoman

Also, If anyone decides to re-upload the file archive you MUST give credit to me for the files. It was a pain to get the files.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 11:09 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       
It's a relief I DLed when I did. I just wanna say thanks for going through the trouble getting these files. And to those who couldn't compile and bug VM well shame on you.

Kills_Alone

Posted: Jan 25, 2012 09:59 PM    Msg. 11 of 23       
I did locate another Halo 3 weapons sound collection (in my archives) and compiled them into .Sound files which will work in HCE or H2V:
http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Data_+_Tags/%5bDATA+TAGS%5d_Halo_3_Weapon_Sounds_(WAV_+_Compiled).exe
8.61MBs compressed* (~11MBs extracted)

*7-Zip self extractor

A special TY to Clickteam/Custom Curtis Sounds/{TLS}Udie for their amazing Halo CE Sound Converter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Halo Reach weapons sound collection compiled them into .Sound files which will work in HCE or H2V:
http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Data_+_Tags/%5bDATA+TAGS%5d_Halo_Reach_Weapon_Sounds_(WAV_&_Compiled).exe
16.64MBs compressed* (~22.6MBs extracted)

*7-Zip self extractor
Edited by Kills_Alone on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Spartan314

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 09:32 PM    Msg. 12 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
You know, when I gave my sister my old laptop I didn't take it back whenever she got rude. Thing with gifts is that you follow through with it, regardless of your recipients attitude. You'll just know better to feel generous toward them next time.

I just think it's bovine excrement you took the link down because a few people sent you angry PMs.

Well if they aren't grateful for it then why should he give it to them?

Spartan314

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 11:35 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Like I said, be calm about. Just don't do it next time. To give another example, if you were to give someone a christmas gift (entirely relevant here) you wouldn't snatch it out of their hands if they said they didn't want that. Ultimately it's his choice, but I'm just saying.

I would. O_o

videoman

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 12:41 AM    Msg. 14 of 23       
I think that Tiel does not fully understand the situation here. This may have been a gift, but it was to more then one person. It was to a community. While in the situations that you (Tiel) are speaking of, is just one person. I am talking about a large mass of people. There is a big difference. Here is the difference.
When you give a present to one person and they complain, you maybe feel somewhat hurt, but it is their lose and you know that they will (sometime) soon come around to understand that you tried to do something nice or them. But when it is to a large amount people it takes a different face. When you give a gift or present to a large amount of people and they complain and are disrespectful towards your actions, it gets more personal or offensive and it seems that they do not appreciate you kind actions.
Another instance to add to that. When you give a gift someone they may complain about it to you, but only once or twice and then they give up or realize that they should appreciate what they have been given. While when you give it to a large amount of people they comments and messages seem to never stop. This is the difference of what you are talking about and what i am talking about.

It is the Sum or the Total Amount and not the Distance.

Spartan314

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 01:31 PM    Msg. 15 of 23       
Then that would make you even worse than the person whom spurned your gift, yes?

Or the person since he's/she's not grateful for what they're being given, or doesn't want it at all, and spits in the giftgiver's face? Seems to me a waste of time and effort.
If videoman decided to be nice and give presents people should be grateful. However, they're throwing spit in his face for it, so why shouldn't he take it back?

videoman

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 08:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
I was about to say something about punishing the majority for the minority's doings, but you already have that base covered, it seems. Tell me, how many PMs are we talking here? Just curious.

Sorry about the late reply. I have been really busy with college getting back in and all. To answer your question about how many PMs I got. I got around 10-15 PMs before I stopped counting and just started deleting them. But about several days after my last post on this thread topic they stopped showing up in my PM Inbox. So i guess people finally gave up and moved on. Though...i would not be surprised if they start showing up again when other people see read this thread and then complain about it. That is how this world works sometimes. When someone gives up or stops, someone else picks up where the previous person left off and it just repeats over and over. Well...whatever.

I would like to point out that i do appreciate the people who were kind enough to say thank you and use the sound files without complaining about everything that was wrong with the files i uploaded. I am thinking about reuploading them...but i do not know at this time if it is even worth it because of the previous situation that occurred.

madnesspart

Scanning... Just Dustin Echoes......

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 10:49 PM    Msg. 17 of 23       
No prob! A lil bath with Adobe Audition and they'll be just like the real thing in no time at all.

Thanks for the sound effects? Oh teh noes.... the mediafire link is dead :/
Edited by madnesspart on Jan 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 04:39 AM    Msg. 18 of 23       
Noooooooooooooooo
I wanted to use the Halo 3 Flood sounds...

Curse you trollers and all the ungrateful noobs who look gift horses in the mouth!

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 06:52 AM    Msg. 19 of 23       
@kills alone, thanks for the sounds man.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 10:38 PM    Msg. 20 of 23       
Looks like I wasn't the only one who had that sound archive.
Kills_Alone,do you have the Reach AR single fire sound(like one shot,not automatic).
Edited by Dumb AI on Feb 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Kills_Alone

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 07:29 PM    Msg. 21 of 23       
If its not in what I posted then no I do not, hopefully someone else will share it.

YoGamerProductionz

I'm back and a noob at modding :(

Posted: Feb 25, 2012 05:25 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
Why's the file deleted? I downloaded it before but it was gone so I came back and the file is deleted.

YoGamerProductionz

I'm back and a noob at modding :(

Posted: Feb 25, 2012 08:28 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
You know, reading a thread before posting is always beneficial to your survival :)

Whoops...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 11, 2019 6:50 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website