A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT

Author Topic: Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

corrupt

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 11:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I know this isn't really related to Custom Edition, but I figured someone here would probably know how to fix this. I basically messed around with HaloMapTools a lot, switching projectiles/skins to make things look cool or whatever.

Problem now is I don't know how to undo what I've done, and uninstalling doesn't change anything. (halo crashes every time someone files a fuelrod on HeH, I've tried injecting the proj and weap meta's from different maps, doesnt solve the problem)

Do I need to go delete files from the registry? If so, which files? Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched and wasn't able to find anything

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 11:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Well I don't know much about that... but since you're having problems, why not start using Halo Custom Edition?

lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 01:20 AM    Msg. 3 of 10       
I mod halo full+trial. And im sorry man but if u done stuff like that its real hard and u need to be real good to undo and have back ups of the skins u modded in there first from. Its best to re copy over a new version of bitmaps + the map\s u modded. :( And what are u tring to do and is it on trial or full?

corrupt

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 01:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 10       
@Spartan314

I do! I like playing the maps a lot, I've even messed around with some map editing myself (just the sapien type stuff, no 3d work or anything). The only problem is that there aren't really any good pubs up consistently, and I'm not really integrated into a community that plays scrims

@900

Yeah, I was modding on full version, all I was doing really was experimenting with switching around projectiles, map skins, and environmental sounds. I'm just trying to find a way to wipe it clean and reinstall everything with no problems left behind.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 02:07 AM    Msg. 5 of 10       
you will know that messing with your pc registry can do damage to other programs that rely on things that you might remove, then try to reinstall right?

uninstall your game/program and run this http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
ccleaner is a regitry cleaner, you shouldn't have to modify the default settings, but do look
over them anyway.

you can run the first tool which is cleaner, that will clean out things like recycle bin, temp internet files ect, the options are in the list on the left side.

then the registry tool.
these i leave at default settings and just run as normal, click scan for issues button then just take a look over the found items and anything you think you should keep, do so
i tend not to bother keeping anything, i wipe the heap. this has caused me no problems and i
always run it every 2-3 days, or after uninstalling a program.

lol

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 10:57 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
First. Do not try changing sound and skinz and pro unless u know what u are doing. And second Y did u not make back up of ur maps folder. I mod halo full all the time and i still have a least 1 back of all the maps. And dont think just the normal maps like bloodgulch. The bitmap+sound 2. Becasue now look at it. And just a little not .When u mod skinz\sound of lets say bloodgulch. It will change on the bitmap\sound files 2. U see y its hard to un do what u have done. I dont want to sound mean but yea. When i start modding i was just like u and my version of halo was really bad. It would not load over 90% of maps. So rember make back up. And if u need help with halo full modding ask me. Just least week i made it so u spawn as a halo 3 master cheif+all new weapons and vehicles

corrupt

Posted: Dec 11, 2011 12:32 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
yeah, I pretty much always make backups of the maps, this time the backups didn't help.

I got ccleaner again, used it but it didn't fix anything for halo.

One thing though that may provide some insight into the location of the issue is that, when I run the game as an administrator, everything works properly. So I basically have that as a solution, even though its a fix that isn't ideal.

lol

Posted: Dec 11, 2011 02:34 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
How about u copy all ur halo files from adimin and put them on ur normal acount. Because running adimin is not good. As if a virus gets in to ur pc it could do a lot more to it than what it could do of a normal acount. Do u play halo full online. Are u in a clan or somthing. XD is u do play online u sould add me on xfire. i could help u with ur mods. i might even use 1 on my sever is its good(im going to have 9dedis up soon so u might be able to help.)

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 06:51 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Try looking in
C:\Users\(Account Name Here)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo
But that's if you're using Windows 7, and if you're using 64-bit software, use Program Files (x86)

When an account tries to save somewhere that needs Admin rights, it saves it in a virtual store instead, so it won't need Admin rights to save or use those files. Maybe all the files you modded are in your virtual store and your account is using those files. Maybe that explains why
Quote: --- Original message by: corrupt
when I run the game as an administrator, everything works properly. So I basically have that as a solution, even though its a fix that isn't ideal.

Edit: AppData, and all the folders inside it, are hidden.
Edited by game user10 on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:55 AM

corrupt

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 05:52 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
why thank you good sir! renaming that maps folder solved the problem. figured it might have something to do with appdata, but I never knew about how virtualstore worked. good to know

thanks again!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 4:57 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website