A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Large Vehicles?

Author Topic: Large Vehicles? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Chaos_Zero

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 01:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
hey people, its been a while.

I have been playing halo custom edition for many years now. Recently i had to reformat my system due to a virus so i thought it was time to upgrade to windows 7 (i had got halo 2 vista as a gift a long time ago)

once while playing the RPG map on custom edition we were messing around in the big vehicle that you could walk around in (what was the name of that thing again?) anyway of course when you were not in a seat and the thing moved you got thrown out of it. Once i asked some people in game if their had ever been a fix for this and a few of them said that the halo engine did not support this, but at the time (three or four years ago) halo 2 vista did support it and large vehicles could be created where you would not be thrown out if it moved.

basically i am asking if any maps with this type of vehicle has been created yet...

thanks for reading.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 07:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
No, I do not believe so.

First of all, creating new vehicles in H2V requires the MainMenu Mod or the .DLL Mod or a map to be played in the Single Player Engine because there is a check in D3D9.DLL which checks all MP maps to make sure they do not have any custom objects such as new vehicles or new HUDs. So one of those workarounds has to happen for the map to even be visible/playable.

Another problem is that (in H2V) we cannot create new collision or animations, so pulling off a huge vehicle would be tough, to say the least. Now, using existing tags we may be able to make a type of Transformer out of Tanks for example.

Last, there is a way to extract the existing tags from all the maps so that we would have more options to work with such as the Scarab (which may be the vehicle you are referring to). Problem is, the creator(s) have no interest in releasing anything that would benefit the community as they see H2V as a dead game, even though people still mod Doom.

So it could happen but it will not happen, and yes that is sad.

Chaos_Zero

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 12:12 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
thanks for replying to my question.

i had a feeling that halo custom was still the better of the two... at least playerbase-wise. though the limitations for creating maps in h2v seem surprising.

thanks anyway.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:51 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website