A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »I have never had a worse experience editing a game.

Author Topic: I have never had a worse experience editing a game. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Anarchist86ed

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 11:03 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I have never in my history of editing pc games had a worse experience then with halo custom edition tools.

On my vista machine Sapien wouldn't work. On my windows 7 machine, it does. On my vista machine Hek+ worked. On my 7 machine, it doesn't.

Hek+ will not extract map files, even ones I downloaded so I can edit them. I've tried everything. Run as admin, changed aero, everything. Every time I try to extract stuff I get the MSCORLIB error

I can edit san andreas with no problems, but not this game.

I think I hate the people who made this game and it's editors...

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 12:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Nah it's just you, everyone else is fine.

You sound like the other guy from a topic saying the exact same thing a month ago. Maybe you are the same person...

For HEK+ you need .net framework 2.0 or something to work :/

Also what's the point of this topic? To post your rant about how much you rage at the tools that don't work for you to the point where you state that you hate the developers?

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 07:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
There are ways to get most if not all of the HCE tools to work on Vista/Win7 but you should keep in mind that they were originally intended for WinXP. Did you even try Google?

Insipid

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 05:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Try this link.

Before you blame the tools you're using, make sure that it isn't your own computer causing problems with old software.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 05:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Insipid
Try this link.

Before you blame the tools you're using, make sure that it isn't your own computer causing problems with old software.

Edited by Xoronatus on May 19, 2013 at 02:44 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 11, 2020 2:22 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website