A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Portal Game Maps (Valve) »Portal Game Play Discussion »Portal error, stops working when i make a portal.

Author Topic: Portal error, stops working when i make a portal. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 01:22 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Not sure if this belongs here or not. But i have the demo and every time i make a portal the game locks up and shuts down. I've tried messing with compatibility, to no avail. Does anyone know the fix to my problem?
Edited by grunt_eater on Jan 7, 2012 at 02:00 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 10:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater

Not sure if this belongs here or not. But i have the demo and every time i make a portal the game locks up and shuts down. I've tried messing with compatibility, to no avail. Does anyone know the fix to my problem?
Edited by grunt_eater on Jan 7, 2012 at 02:00 PM
It is most likely the video that is causing the error and not the operating system compatibility. Check for updated video drivers and in Portal look in the options under the Portals tab and reduce the max render depth.

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 08:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
It says my drivers are up to date and portal depth is set to 0...Still not working. :/
Edited by grunt_eater on Jan 8, 2012 at 09:09 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 4:41 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website