A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Multiple Map Request (Devs Please Read - I think Halo CE needs these)

Author Topic: Multiple Map Request (Devs Please Read - I think Halo CE needs these) (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jaman_Herge

Okay, Who painted my visor brown?

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 07:27 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
So, I for years have been wanting a couple of maps made but never got them. I'm back 4 years later and wanting to acquire some sexy Military maps.

1) Map with Multiple Facilities.
Details: I've noticed someone tried to do this on RPG Beta 6_2 however. Granny wallpaper and bad architecture can only get you so far :P.
I was thinking about a well-thought-out Military Base layout including multiple entrances, Steel wallpaper, Lock down protocol, Red alert, Escape routes, Quarantine, Living Quarters, Multiple Commanding Officers Quarters, War room, Cafeteria, Armory, Vehicle Armory, Labs, Med bay, Etc, Maybe a flying ship with drop pods like in Sanctuary Final, Marine Peds or at least not Red and Blue Spartans - Maybe Green or..at least Military looking, Quite a distance between the bases, Lots of landscape to explore but make it logical and realistic.
Realistic Vehicles, Huge interiors, Multiple enterable interiors for storyline E.G. Alien tech underground place with root style door ways and such (Spread out, Lots of doors, Lots of Tech.
Maybe have longswords sped up to be a bit faster - Also maybe first person view for vehicles but a clear view from the inside.

2) Space Ship Map.
Details: Along the lines of Pillar of Autumn Space but more of an interior with exterior and full on space combat.
Enemy ship in the distance with Alien Aircraft, Human Ship with Human Aircraft.
Ships both have realistic interior from the campaign.
Lifepods on Human ship, Latch pods for Enemy, Marine and Alien Peds, Boarding capabilities, Make it life like with interior like what you'd imagine would be inside a REAL space ship on both ends, Purple living quarters for Covie/Aliens, Metallic for Humans, etc - Use imagination.
Both sides able to go unarmed or use weapons, Use walking too, Like RPG Gamma Marine, Maybe have the ability to fire cannons from ship to ship and ACTUALLY create a shaky screen on impact, Ability to turn on Red alert and lockdown, Make it as realistic as possible.
Longswords at full speed or at least 3/4 so it's a bit more real from a campaign side of things.

I could maybe think of more but so could you. If someone was capable of this I'd be grateful for as long as I use HALO and recommend your maps to people.

Thanks.
-J.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 08:20 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I totally agree with 1. RPG Beta 6_2 was on the right track overall but as you said, details were neglected. For instance, the same. bland. texture. for. every. wall. in. the. base.
If anyone's going to continue with the RPG Beta series, I recommend they take a look at some of the concept art like this for their design:

Edited by Kozakuu on Jan 14, 2012 at 08:20 AM

E: y no u format image correctly dennis?
Edited by Kozakuu on Jan 14, 2012 at 08:22 AM

Jaman_Herge

Okay, Who painted my visor brown?

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 08:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Indeed, That would be sexy, I mean think about it - They spend time making a room and destroy it by taking a photo of a house from the 60s and save that as the interior design, Would it hurt to add a little bit more time to add detail and realism to rooms rather than long ass halls and constant ladders, Construction which looks like a 6 year old did it xD Just giving an opinion, No offense to those who do dev - They have the ability to be awesome. That's why I suggest/requested a more detailed area, More exploration places, Etc. More land for hogs tanks and such you know?

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 08:38 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Yeah, there isn't really a need to put a massive amount of detail but an appropriate level to the area is whats best. On the topic of land exploration, RPG Beta6 overdid it a bit (those near vertical cliffs and valleys).

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 01:03 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       

I remember a while back someone tried to model this. I think they gave up halfway though.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 10, 2020 7:47 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website