A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[OS] Forge Example Map (lol, releasing untested maps)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [OS] Forge Example Map (lol, releasing untested maps) (36 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 01:12 AM    Msg. 1 of 36       
So, mah desktop PC is dead, so I can't do correct tests on this. Hello slave [testing] labor! (Ps, even if you find bugs, I don't care and its up to you to fix them *shrug*)

Quote: ********************************
* Map: Forge Example
* Date: January 21th 2012
* By: Kirby_422

Originally, only the host was going to need OS, but then after going to compile half way through, I notice that OpenSauce 3.0 had changed from the private 2.5 tests, and could no longer include new scripts while retaining backwards capatiblity.. So, being to lazy to downgrade to compile it, your all stuck requiring OS *shrug*

Map is only setup for 2 players right now, since its an example. Gametype MUST have vehicles set to never respawn.

PS, I never tested this map with people before releasing it, because my desktop is dead.

So, there is 11 types of items you can place, 3 of each of them.
Building Panel - just a metal board, build something out of them.
Log - Do a log roll.. or a barrel roll.
A50 Rock - Mixed the sign up, oh well. Giant rock.
Snow Rock - actually the a50 rock *shrug*
C_storage - if you know the tag names, you know what it is.
C_storage large - same as above. they are about 3x as wide
c_uplink - basically same as c storage, see tagzzz
c_field generator - those shields on the ground.
Spawn Point - Place for player to spawn.
Weapon Spawn - spawns a rocket launcher once every minute. Only one rocket launcher can exist per spawn point at a time (must wait for previous one to despawn)
Teleporter pair - items that teleport you back and forth. One is floating in the sky when you create them. If you destroy one, both are gone.

Recycling unneeded items: Drop them in either pit in the corners.
Monitor Controls: Flashlight to enter, press flashlight a few feet away to pickup, double tap flashlight to exit monitor mode.
Item spawning: Enter Monitor Mode beside middle teleporter base, then pick a switch to grab items (if any are left to spawn)

Saving Map: Pause menu, FORGE OPTIONS, save. [Requires there to be no additional Players, only host]
Loading Map: Pause menu, FORGE OPTIONS, load. [Requires there to be no additional Players, only host]

Notes about sharing saved maps: Saved data is stored as <user>\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\core\core.bin
Your name is saved into the file; whomever loads it will assume that name.
Since im sure you realize what command I used, still don't do it when additional people are in the server, k?..
I know you can save a online game, and bring it to lan, but idk how well saving a lan, and bringing it to online works. In fact.. you may steal their CD key when loading their core.bin lol, im not sure, never did that much for testing.

Don't harass me for another one, I only care enough to show you its possible. You can do it without OS too, but its just easier and better with OS.

Download, Rawr!

And incase you missed it previously as well as in the title, untested lol, have fun. (There is only one real thing I could see getting in the way for clients.. actually, 2. Just looked at the script, that second one WILL happen lol, totally didnt notice it because I never tested *shrug*)

EDIT: Youtube video *shrug*
Edited by kirby_422 on Jan 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 03:05 AM    Msg. 2 of 36       
what happened to your desktop??

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 03:17 AM    Msg. 3 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

**Sniffle**

Well... when computers get to a certian age..**Tries not to cry** their tickers just stop, son. **Sniffle**

Naw jk.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 03:20 AM    Msg. 4 of 36       
I know what happened... ;)

He or she tried to uninstall Myth 2...

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 07:31 AM    Msg. 5 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Altheros
Cool. Nice men , This is a script genius idea. Your the boss but i already have a idea of mapping forge.

My idea of my forge is that you play as a moniter and have a gun with no model on it and shoots scenery but your idea of forge is better.

I'm pretty sure guns shoot effects and not tags with collision so shooting scenery would probably be impossible.
Edited by Jaz on Jan 22, 2012 at 07:32 AM

Zenzarxus

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 09:05 AM    Msg. 6 of 36       
Wait, what's the HSC file for?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 09:19 AM    Msg. 7 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zenzarxus
Wait, what's the HSC file for?

Probably becuase if you wanted to edit it or not.

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 11:01 AM    Msg. 8 of 36       
1) Desktop currently has dead graphics card, rest of the parts are making noises, getting weaker, etc. Ordered a temporary graphics card until it completely dies.
2) Script is there incase you want to make your own map (this is only an example after all, if you want to see this go on further, you need to do it yourself) there is a script ripper, but doesn't it get all disorganized or something? (of course, its not really like I organized this script to begin with, but still lol)
3) spawning scenery wouldn't work, they wouldn't sync. Thats why all of these are vehicles (you should be able to drive on that panel, but I never tried because I never put drivable vehicles in)

And nobodies cared about the saving map feature? lol (Yay for using commands I shouldnt!)

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 03:38 PM    Msg. 9 of 36       
Wow this is really neat!

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 11:31 AM    Msg. 10 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop15
What's a .yelo? Is that an OS map & does it go in my maps folder?

yes & yes

What do people want to see made next? (whenever I have more free time (probably an hour a week))

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 01:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 36       
hmm, wouldn't be very hard, it just will be a bit lacking graphically (see my syncing AI). have the base vehicle invisible, attach different damaged parts to it based on how bad it is, when it dies, leave those attachments there as the debris (so the debris is even equal to how damaged the vehicle was before it died). This would be sauceless though, im looking for things I can improve via OS, or do easier because of OS.. basically OS advertisement.

If you edited and compiled your own copy of the OS dll, you could add more, but with the commands that 3.0 comes with, best real option for displaying sync'd damage would be the above.

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 01:15 PM    Msg. 12 of 36       
could do that, but there would still be more chances of being squished than riding properly lol. Hmm.. First, I should just make random giant ass mangnets as a lawl test (drive a warthog around sucking everything into it). then alter it and have it so you over a foot above the warthog while its moving (to try and prevent flattening)

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 04:48 PM    Msg. 13 of 36       
too high of an occurance of flattening lol, but it is nice watching the bodies get stuck in the wheels (well, that's only because its a named biped, but I should be able to get one setup for player corpses in the wheels too) it would make it alot harder to get off once your on though lol, because its applying the warthogs velocity to you, so when you start walking, moments later the warthogs velocity overrides your walking speed. May just adapt that to catching corpses in your wheels because of how impractical/unnatrual its looking to ""stand""(float) above the moving vehicle *shrug*

hoboscience

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 12:01 PM    Msg. 14 of 36       
I am working on a millennium falcon with a full interior. It is 90% complete, just a little physic tweaking but it fly's great. Having players being able to move while the falcon is being piloted would be amazing.

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 01:15 PM    Msg. 15 of 36       
large vehicles would be harder. right now, im using the vehicle itself as the magnet, large/unique shapes would require magnet objects everywhere (im even thinking warthogs should be 2 objects for better detection..) should probably turn off vehicle collision damage since my current test biped dies far to easily (every 2 seconds of riding on my warthog. adding 2 detection objects should help that a bit)

walking around would be harder with multiple detection objects too.. and the fact im keeping them above the vehicle by a foot for protection, they cant jump while the vehicle is moving. And when thinking about it, this wont be the best for online either (More acceptable for slow vehicles. I might be able to do something, but ive never checked how those respond online, and I can't do tests until my desktop is up and running again)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 02:22 PM    Msg. 16 of 36       
What about making the vehicles some sort of device or something - players can ride on device machines (ie elevators or gondolas).

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 03:04 PM    Msg. 17 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Destructible vehicles that sync in multiplayer. That is my only request, oh sacred genie.

Hey there H2 Coag. I had a few ways of streamlining the process for MPG3 before CMT disbanded in 09, If theres anyone who's interested in getting it to work, I'm sure it can be done in much more modern and controlled way.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 07:37 PM    Msg. 18 of 36       
I know what happened... ;)

He or she tried to uninstall Myth 2...

heheh that's a good one

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 01:02 PM    Msg. 19 of 36       
have you tried putting the map back in your map folder to see if it works now that OS loads for you? because it works on both my computers (got my desktop sorta running for now)

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 08:02 PM    Msg. 20 of 36       
This looks awesome, so anyone thinking of remaking all the maps with it?

Carter 151

-Character design and Story editor-

Posted: Jan 26, 2012 10:06 PM    Msg. 21 of 36       
Spartan Customization?

rocknroll237

Rock 'N' Roll Baby!

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 05:14 PM    Msg. 22 of 36       
Looking good. Just wondering, will you be able to make a feature where you can select objects on the fly (in a menu, for instance) instead of going back to the room to spawn stuff?

kirby_422

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 09:46 PM    Msg. 23 of 36       
using the file menu would only work for host. I could set like morass code with flashlight for objects, or some combo to create a menu object that you could use to select a spawn item via what your looking at.

rocknroll237

Rock 'N' Roll Baby!

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 01:37 PM    Msg. 24 of 36       
Yeah, that sounds good.

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 12:22 AM    Msg. 25 of 36       
Just throwin' out a couple idea's here...

A Ninja Warrior course map with physics to vault/wall-run over obstacles by pressing flashlight, and a time-limit, if you run out of time before you complete the course it restarts.

That's what I'd like to see. Is it possible, or improbable?

Edit: Oh crap, I didn't see the last post date, sorry for the major bump...
Edited by tylerp14 on Mar 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM

zookeeper

lives to pwn

Posted: Aug 21, 2014 11:14 AM    Msg. 26 of 36       
i downloaded it now what should I do with the 2 files?

Corvette19

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 11:19 AM    Msg. 27 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Carter 151
Spartan Customization?

You realize this is Custom Edition.... Right???
You can make anything.....

klasher1000

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 12:36 PM    Msg. 28 of 36       
Just gonna throw this out there... When a thread is dead for 2 years it probably means nobody really cares about it anymore.

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 06:33 AM    Msg. 29 of 36       
Yeesh.
We need a new version of tis, it was epic.Johnlex! Deliver us from a non-forge world.

kirby_422

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 01:21 PM    Msg. 30 of 36       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hTnbFT0czg
I do have a bit of final readjusting to do, but really, for the most part the new version is done.
I haven't really focused on finishing it though, since it uses commands in the non-public build of OS, so for the most part, its useless to people until a new OS build comes out.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 01:57 PM    Msg. 31 of 36       
Wow kerbs! Nice work.

Bt why does it look like the monitor spawns from the players crotch?

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 07:58 PM    Msg. 32 of 36       
Great Job! For the past 5 years, I've worked in forge, so making maps in CE was a pain in the anoos. Also, can you put in a function for custom tags? Like halo 3 scenery, vehicles, etc? Thanks! And once again thank you man.

*cough* no one answered *cough*
Edited by YSlayer12 on Oct 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 05:37 PM    Msg. 33 of 36       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

**Sniffle**

Well... when computers get to a certian age..**Tries not to cry** their tickers just stop, son. **Sniffle**

Naw jk.

LOLOLOLOLOL Alos please tell me. Is custom tags available? I'm itching, and scrathing as well too know

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 11:09 PM    Msg. 34 of 36       
No.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 10:36 AM    Msg. 35 of 36       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 02:23 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 4:28 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website