A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »3ds max 8

Author Topic: 3ds max 8 (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

t507 771t5

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 09:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
while attempting a map i ran into a problem, i have no way to make the 3d files reqired to make the map and i am in no way rich enough to buy 3ds max 8 or even 6 or 7. the question is, is there any other program that can make .ass files. i would really appriciate help

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 09:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Try Gmax, theGhost released a max script for exporting .ass files, and at someones request in the past, I quickly tossed in the part so it should work in gmax.

As far as I know, they never actually exported anything with it, but it should be fine.
Grab the MS file here or Here

Using gmax, you have to use the max listener to get the data (if your having difficulty, read a H1 gmax tutorial, and use this in the place of chimp or bluestreak)

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 10:04 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
because bungie likes joking amoungst each other with things in their programs (see H1 tool.. Trading kids for things, wheeling people around in wheelchairs, etc) some H2 thing responds to .ass files with a picture of an ass.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 11:19 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
because bungie likes joking amoungst each other with things in their programs (see H1 tool.. Trading kids for things, wheeling people around in wheelchairs, etc) some H2 thing responds to .ass files with a picture of an ass.

??
I've yet to encounter that one.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 10:37 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website