A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Weapon Concept Art

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Weapon Concept Art (132 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 2, 2012 11:21 PM    Msg. 1 of 132       
I have some Halo inspired weapon concept art that I drew within the last year. I have been thinking about re-making a couple of these designs sometime soon so I decided to post these and get some reactions.

Please note that they are not meant in any way to be practical or realistic, so please don't comment on those aspects.





Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 12:10 AM    Msg. 2 of 132       
Cool. Magnum doesn't look too different from original Halo design.

Shotgun and rocket L look pretty cool.


ChocolateNugget
Joined: Sep 29, 2007

im your #1 fan !!


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 05:02 AM    Msg. 3 of 132       
They're decent, but kind of a clusterbunk of weird detail.


CorpseManTS
Joined: Nov 16, 2008

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 07:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 132       
armor plated are weapuns kewl


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 11:59 AM    Msg. 5 of 132       
Amazing drawings I must say.

I certainly hope somebody makes these concepts. ;)


Mangenkyo
Joined: Jul 14, 2009

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 12:09 PM    Msg. 6 of 132       
the assault rifle kinda looks like that gears of war weapon (i dont know the name) lol!


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 12:15 PM    Msg. 7 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
the assault rifle kinda looks like that gears of war weapon (i dont know the name) lol!


Looks more like an upgraded Halo assault rifle to me. It just looks like it's been upgraded with extra devices/gadgets, so that heavy troopers can use it.
Looks like what spartans should be using rather than the lightweight toy which is the default AR.


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 02:06 PM    Msg. 8 of 132       
The AR here is definitely meant to be a much heavier and bulkier weapon, it has the under slung grenade launcher and and a much longer barrel than the stock AR. It fires a larger cartridge and has longer range.
Edited by Bobblehob on Feb 3, 2012 at 02:07 PM


abkarch
Joined: Mar 20, 2010


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 03:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 132       
oh hai everyone. hows it goin.

These are some really cool concepts. i would love to see them in halo, apart from the super duper level of detail (its just to awesome for teh halo CE).

Nice. youve got some skillz.


LegionofShadows
Joined: Jul 10, 2011

The Red Pill is strong in this one.


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 03:39 PM    Msg. 10 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: ChocolateNugget
They're decent, but kind of a clusterbunk of weird detail.


What he said. Too much weird detail.

Good job anyway, and I would like to see those weapons in-game, perhaps without the details though.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 03:39 PM    Msg. 11 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
oh hai everyone. hows it goin.

These are some really cool concepts. i would love to see them in halo, apart from the super duper level of detail (its just to awesome for teh halo CE).

Nice. youve got some skillz.


1. Yeah, they're amazingly cool concepts and I too would love to seem them in Halo.
2. 1 word/title : OpenSauce
3. Yeah, he's got some skillz. :)


[Editer Note: Oops, I put 1 in 2 two different forms. xD]


E2: Btw, you should post that AR concept on the CMT forum on Halomods. They could take some hints from your design. ;)
Edited by Jaz on Feb 3, 2012 at 05:22 PM


ChocolateNugget
Joined: Sep 29, 2007

im your #1 fan !!


Posted: Feb 3, 2012 08:23 PM    Msg. 12 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
oh hai everyone. hows it goin.

These are some really cool concepts. i would love to see them in halo, apart from the super duper level of detail (its just to awesome for teh halo CE).

Nice. youve got some skillz.


1. Yeah, they're amazingly cool concepts and I too would love to seem them in Halo.
2. 1 word/title : OpenSauce
3. Yeah, he's got some skillz. :)


[Editer Note: Oops, I put 1 in 2 two different forms. xD]


E2: Btw, you should post that AR concept on the CMT forum on Halomods. They could take some hints from your design. ;)
Edited by Jaz on Feb 3, 2012 at 05:22 PM


The CMT AR is finalized and won't be changing.


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 12:07 AM    Msg. 13 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
The assault rifle looks like a tumor.

GL getting these ingame.


Hmm, a tumor, because that makes sense...

Also, I don't have the ability necessary to get them ingame, and had no intention in the first place.


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 12:13 AM    Msg. 14 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Then why post it in the first place? To show off?


Hmm, why does anyone on the site post any of their work? How much of it ever actually gets ingame? I stated why I made the thread in the original post if you actually took the time to read it, you would already know.
Edited by Bobblehob on Feb 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 12:20 AM    Msg. 15 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
http://artcritiquegallery.com/

I think this is what you're looking for.


No, that is not what I am looking for, now kindly leave this thread.


KingFisher
Joined: Jun 10, 2011

Creativity is the main element of level design.


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 01:14 AM    Msg. 16 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Then why post it in the first place? To show off?


Last time I checked, IT IS Halo CE related in its own way. Stuff like this actually gives people ideas for CE.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 06:20 AM    Msg. 17 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Then why post it in the first place? To show off?


1. It does NOT look like a tumour. But then, who am I to disagree? You must have absolute knowledge of your fellow tumours ;)

2. He posted it here as concepts to show us some very interesting concepts. Some people might find them useful and use them. Whether you like them or not does not concern anyone. If you have no appreciation for art, then kindly ignore all threads which say "Art" in the title. ;)

3. This is entirely Halo related, incase you were wondering. Notice how all of the concepts are based on HALO designs?


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 04:02 PM    Msg. 18 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
There is a Semi Official WiP for this sort of thing..I just don't see the need for a new thread :)


CMT SPV3 has it's own thread...

Neither has more importance than the other. Both are Halo related.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 06:43 PM    Msg. 19 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop15
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Everything ever made for this game MUST be posted in the retarded, overcrowded semi-official WIP thread, other than weapons, bipeds, and vehicles.


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 07:05 PM    Msg. 20 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
There is a Semi Official WiP for this sort of thing..I just don't see the need for a new thread :)


CMT SPV3 has it's own thread...

Neither has more importance than the other. Both are Halo related.


Please stop sickening up other people their threads with your fanboyism. There is a designated thread where you can worship your gods as much as you want.


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 07:29 PM    Msg. 21 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
There is a Semi Official WiP for this sort of thing..I just don't see the need for a new thread :)


CMT SPV3 has it's own thread...

Neither has more importance than the other. Both are Halo related.


Please stop sickening up other people their threads with your fanboyism. There is a designated thread where you can worship your gods as much as you want.


Uh...

I just said CMT SPV3's not that important.

Somebody's got a pointless grudge...


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 4, 2012 11:39 PM    Msg. 22 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
There is a Semi Official WiP for this sort of thing..I just don't see the need for a new thread :)


Why do you continue with this? Does it really bother you that much that I made a thread for my concept art?

Also, look at the threads made my other people and teams for their work. If I were to post it in the WiP threads it would get buried rather quickly, and considering it doesnt really count as a "Work in progress" I don't believe it belongs there.


TM_updates
Joined: Aug 31, 2011

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels


Posted: Feb 5, 2012 04:00 AM    Msg. 23 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Uh...

I just said CMT SPV3's not that important.

Somebody's got a pointless grudge...


No grudge, I judge "people" on a post per post basis. Just look at your recent posts and you'll know what I mean, it's annoying and pointing it out might change that :)


Jaz
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

[Insert sarcastic comment here]


Posted: Feb 5, 2012 06:06 AM    Msg. 24 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Uh...

I just said CMT SPV3's not that important.

Somebody's got a pointless grudge...


No grudge, I judge "people" on a post per post basis. Just look at your recent posts and you'll know what I mean, it's annoying and pointing it out might change that :)


Except that I did absolutely nothing wrong in this thread.

And your posts are entirely irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Get back on topic and stop ruining Bobblehob's thread, Lodex. -.-


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 5, 2012 10:16 PM    Msg. 25 of 132       
If anyone is interested in trying to model any of these, I can do a bunch of different perspective drawings, as well as some 3D views to use as reference material.


Choclate Thunda
Joined: Aug 2, 2010

My BS meter agrees... -Hud Artist/Creator-


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:02 PM    Msg. 26 of 132       
I wish I could get models ingame -_-


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:03 PM    Msg. 27 of 132       
Well, I completed the first draft of a heavy gauss rifle. It is extremely heavy and takes a team to position and fire. The weapon itself must be mounted on a surface with the bipod assembly before being fired.

Note, I took this picture with my webcam, so it isn't very good quality. When I finish the design, I will scan it like the others.




I tried to reduce the amount of greeble on this one, but didn't do too well xP


P3
Joined: Dec 2, 2011


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:15 PM    Msg. 28 of 132       
Team of spartan or marines? And also I don't see why you'll need a team to fire, maybe to position. It doesn't look that big, i don't think you'll need a team for that. Maybe just 1 person to help you.
But other than that, it look ok. :)


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:19 PM    Msg. 29 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Team of spartan or marines? And also I don't see why you'll need a team to fire, maybe to position. It doesn't look that big, i don't think you'll need a team for that. Maybe just 1 person to help you.
But other than that, it look ok. :)


It would be a team of marines, the whole thing would way a good 200 pounds. The team would probably consist of 3 men, all of them to transport it, two spotters, and one gunner.

One spartan could use it, but the recoil would blow him off his feet if he tried to fire it while standing.


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:31 PM    Msg. 30 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Team of spartan or marines? And also I don't see why you'll need a team to fire, maybe to position. It doesn't look that big, i don't think you'll need a team for that. Maybe just 1 person to help you.
But other than that, it look ok. :)


It would be a team of marines, the whole thing would way a good 200 pounds. The team would probably consist of 3 men, all of them to transport it, two spotters, and one gunner.

One spartan could use it, but the recoil would blow him off his feet if he tried to fire it while standing.


@P3: The 20mm Lahti anti-tank rifle was usually towed by horses. So I'd imagine something of this magnitude would indeed require a team of of two or three Marines. Considering it's a gauss weapon, perhaps one of them could carry a battery pack of sorts, while another operates as a spotter, and another still serves as gunner.


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 6, 2012 09:44 PM    Msg. 31 of 132       
Yeah, you have the idea there, I wasn't thinking about the extra battery packs. That would probably be the job of the third man on the team, as well as helping to move it. The weapon itself has so much recoil that the should brace has a pair of hydraulic cylinders that stop the extra force from being transferred to the shooter. The weapon itself could fire a slug straight through a Phantom or a Shadow.


bourrin33
Joined: Oct 19, 2009

HEK not installed tho


Posted: Feb 7, 2012 03:36 PM    Msg. 32 of 132       
Just read op. I maed this


I'm guna mdl it l8er


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 7, 2012 04:13 PM    Msg. 33 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Just read op. I maed this
I'm guna mdl it l8er


Is this really necessary?


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Feb 7, 2012 10:15 PM    Msg. 34 of 132       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Just read op. I maed this
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nUJ_kNF7-3M/TzF4DW3BexI/AAAAAAAAAwI/fV7ZzyUZDXQ/s1024/IMAG0122.jpg

I'm guna mdl it l8er

Cool! Have you made the handle yet?


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Feb 10, 2012 02:21 AM    Msg. 35 of 132       
Well, after getting some useful crit from the folks over at modacity, I simplified the design of the gauss rifle from the last page and drew this.


 
Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:11 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website