A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CMT Spv3 Concept UI

Author Topic: Halo CMT Spv3 Concept UI (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

00m9

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 04:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 28       
I created abunch of awesome textures thanks to my awesome artistic skills. Then I munched them into the Halo Trial UI to have this awesome affect. Because of my lack of technical skills, I am unable to import this into Custom Edition.

Thus I present this video http://youtu.be/zsOzatXdGx4. It's a concept UI I developed for CMT's next mod.

Note: CMT, if you like what you see. I would be happy to provide my artistic talent on your UI. Please contact me if you wish me to develop further on texturing and such.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 04:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 28       
Well if it's technicality that stops you, Mangenkyo might be able to help.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 05:01 PM    Msg. 3 of 28       
personally, i think the menus being spread around the border of the screen looks nice, its a fresh look for a ui, never seen that done before, and it wouldn't be THAT much of a hassle to move your mouse from one corner to the other... Hahaha

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 05:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
I think you should wait for SPV3 to come out along with Halo ring tags or other concepts before making an SPV3 UI. Either that or contact CMT prior to SPV3's release.

If I can ever be bothered to work out how to make a UI, I might work on making an SPV3 concept UI myself.

Your UI doesn't look that impressive to me though, I'm afraid. Sorry.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 06:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 28       
Dang boi, looks lovely. How did you get such an epic ring?

The button layout is cool, I think. Is the background(the ring and space) going to be the same for EVERY screen? I was just thinking you could show off a lot of cool CMT stuff if you had different backgrounds...

Mangenkyo

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 06:15 PM    Msg. 6 of 28       
this is what i want to do with spv3.

i really want to make something like the anniversary menu..

PD: IGNORE THAT HALO LOGO!!!!!!!!

LegionofShadows

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 06:19 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       
I agree, I don't want that logo either.

Perhaps you use the logo oom used(or maybe just the font, and with the words of the bad logo.)

I definitely think you should use the font oom is using. Apart from that...

I'm torn between these two. On one hand, I know Mangenyeko can make a good UI(from all ur pics and ur thread.) On the other hand, we've got this epic UI made by oom, right here, right now.

I CAN'T CHOOSE!

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 06:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 28       
I was thinking of offering them my own custom HUD, check it out!

................................................ ..........................._,-~""~-,
.................................................. ................__-~":::,-~~-,_::::"-
.................................................. ..........~"::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::: :\
.................................................. .__-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :"~-,
..........................................__-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::: ::::
..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-,
......................,~"::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:
...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':":::
..............._,-'"~----":::/,~""-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;
............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"O_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-'
............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\::
............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::'-,:',
.........../::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~"\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\
........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\
......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
.....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::---~~""::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-'
..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::\:::|"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::\ OHAI I'M A TREX
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: ::::\: : : : : : \: : : |:::::;;\
::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
:::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/: ||\-,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~":::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\ .............."~--_____-~~

Hope you guys like it :)

00m9

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 07:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo

i really want to make something like the anniversary menu..

PD: IGNORE THAT HALO LOGO!!!!!!!!

Well, I could work together with you if you like.

Is this the logo you are looking for?
http://oomnine.deviantart.com/art/Halo-Custom-Edition-Anniversary-Logo-283104323
Edited by 00m9 on Feb 3, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 08:22 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       
This looks like beginner quality at best... no offence...

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 08:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
I like it.
The Reach logo, the whole sdesign.
Very nice, imo

Mangenkyo

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 08:55 PM    Msg. 12 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: 00m9

Is this the logo you are looking for?
http://oomnine.deviantart.com/art/Halo-Custom-Edition-Anniversary-Logo-283104323

yes, but no.. lol

E:

Better logo

Edited by Mangenkyo on Feb 3, 2012 at 09:38 PM

00m9

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 04:53 AM    Msg. 13 of 28       
I see what you did there. Either way, good job. Keep em coming. I'd say you better finish your Halo 3 UI first before doing anything else. You are like 80% on Halo 3 AI. BTW, you might to use some Halo Reach screenshot or Anniversary for color armor settings and level images.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 04:56 AM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Like that logo.

So hard to make the choice... That logo, or oom's...

TM_updates

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 05:04 AM    Msg. 15 of 28       
Nobody likes my HUD? :(

Wolf_

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 05:11 AM    Msg. 16 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
It looks like a duck.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 05:16 AM    Msg. 17 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
It looks like a duck. Duck. Duck.

TM_updates

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 05:17 AM    Msg. 18 of 28       
That sounds like a rather...biased opinion :(

Jaz

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 06:12 AM    Msg. 19 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
This looks like beginner quality at best... no offence...

Agreed.
No offence 00m, but your UI looks like it's been drawn in PAINT and then animated a little bit.

Can't wait to see what Mangenkyo has in store for us as a CMT UI.
That concept looks epic, Mangenkyo, and is much preferable to a three button layout. I absolutely hate slimlined UIs. It doesn't make anything easier. It just means you have to go through like 20 different buttons before you even get to a settings menu. -.-

E: Oh, just realised there are 3 more buttons at the top of the screen. That just looks stupid, no offence. Splitting important buttons into two groups and then putting them at opposite sides of the screen does not look good. But then, it's even worse when one group is ABOVE the TITLE. The title must ALWAYS be at the top. Just a tip...
Edited by Jaz on Feb 4, 2012 at 06:17 AM

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 07:10 AM    Msg. 20 of 28       
Lodex your HUD is awesome boys :D ;) i WANT IT NOW !!!!!!
Edited by darksoldier on Feb 4, 2012 at 07:18 AM

Mangenkyo

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 08:17 AM    Msg. 21 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows

what?!!!!!!!!!!

Jaz

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 11:42 AM    Msg. 22 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows

what?!!!!!!!!!!

Ooms's logo is beginner's quality.

Mangenkyo's logo is irrelevant to CMT.

I choose a NEW custom logo, that's actually decent. ;)

LegionofShadows

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 07:58 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       
What?

So... Oom's logo is beginner quality? It fits the UI much more than other logos I've seen.

Mangenyeko's is kinda relevant, since it has Halo Custom Mapping Team. True, its basically just an edted logo, but still.

Choose a NEW custom logo? Okay, go learn how to make a ui and make a better one than Mangenyeko or Oom will.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 08:08 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
Oom's has a nice color to it, and Mangenkyo has a good quality.
Maybe mix them?

Gurdy

ron paul did 9\11

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 08:54 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       

................................................ ..........................._,-~""~-,
.................................................. ................__-~":::,-~~-,_::::"-
.................................................. ..........~"::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::: :\
.................................................. .__-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :"~-,
..........................................__-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::: ::::
..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-,
......................,~"::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:
...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':":::
..............._,-'"~----":::/,~""-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;
............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"O_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-'
............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\::
............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::'-,:',
.........../::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~"\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\
........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\
......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
.....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::---~~""::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-'
..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::\ OHAI I'M A TREX
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: ::::\: : : : : : \: : : |:::::;;\
::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
:::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/: ||\-,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~":::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/

haha omhg wacky :] io really like thsi a lot. cmt sh0ould adopt thois right away.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 09:58 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING!!!

Nickster5000

Posted: Feb 4, 2012 10:46 PM    Msg. 27 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Ooms's logo is beginner's quality.

Mangenkyo's logo is irrelevant to CMT.

I choose a NEW custom logo, that's actually decent. ;)

Your post and this post is irrelevant to this thread.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 03:37 AM    Msg. 28 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Oom's has a nice color to it, and Mangenkyo has a good quality.
Maybe mix them?

That....might be interesting

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:53 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website