A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design ».Scenario doesnt show up!

Author Topic: .Scenario doesnt show up! (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 10:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
So i was trying to make a map this days, i was having a lot of trouble whit the 3ds max pluggins and stuff.. anyways, i was finally encoding the .jms file and everything was "fine" but the .Scenario file doesnt show up, im using windows 7 and i clicked compatibility files but, nothing, please help people, also guerrilla said set ur work space and idk what to do.

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 11:08 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Run tool structure on your .jms and then post the end of your debug.txt from your root folder so we can see the error tool is encountering.
As for guerrilla make sure it is installed correctly and you are opening only files that are in your tags folder.

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 12:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 14       
when i run Tool nothing happens, i was waiting about for 20 minutes, and nothing is show up, im being impatient? and for guerrilla he comes whit HEK, but the program said: Set ur workspace first, but now thats not the problem, why can see the .bsp file?? i dont even can open them whit guerrilla, cuz i dont see them .. :(

Edit: hell no, i was waiting for 30 min and nothing, its a problem whit the .Bsp?
Edited by Lie on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 12:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
It should not be a problem with your bsp. Try opening your .jms with notepad, and then make sure that the first line is 8200. If it is not then 8200 should be several lines down. You should delete anything above the 8200. Then check the bottom of the .jms and see if there is a line that says "***** End Jms *****" then delete that line and everything below it.

Also if your map is very large or your computer is slow it can take a while to structure. If you continue having problems I would suggest running tool structure and doing something else for an hour while tool runs.

What exporter are you using? If you are using chimp make sure that "write debug info" is NOT checked.

If you want to make sure you are doing things correctly you can download this video tutorial:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2299

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 06:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Nope, my computer is not a problem, and i used the Bluestreak exported, need to add the "map" is just a box bcuz i wanted to test the size, but i need do that in game, why? well simple visual test. Also i open de .jms whit notepad, the first line is 8200, but idk if this a problem

panel scuff
<none>
panel_main
<none>

and after all, i still cant see the .bsp file, and the .cmd tell me they was done.
when i opened tool, i puted the supposed file location and in "name" nameofmap.bsp.
indeed, nothing happen.

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 10:00 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Ok, so your problem definitely sounds like it is after exporting. I need a better idea of what you are doing so I can try to help. The process I follow when making a map is as follows:
1) Export to .jms file.
2) Compile bitmaps with this command: "tool bitmaps levels\mapname\bitmaps"
3) Create shaders for bitmaps with guerilla.
4) structure map with this command: "tool structure levels\mapname mapname"
This is the where you are having trouble, correct?

Please tell me what your process is, so that I can hopefully find the problem somewhere.

Also I just remembered that I have had a similar problem. Mine was because I am using windows 7 and had problems with access restrictions. I solved the problem by reinstalling into C drive instead of having it in C\program files. You can also try right clicking on tool and running it as administrator.

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 10:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Is exactly how u tell me up there, but when i compile the bitmaps tell me about errors, also i dont use guerrilla for create the shaders, since idk if is something wrong whit them, i will show a picture of that,

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3027/87301684.png

i will try to run tool in adm mode.

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 11:05 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Ok, found a problem. The warnings that tool shows must be fixed in guerilla and then you can make shaders. What you need to do is compile the bitmaps and then open guerilla. In guerilla open the bitmaps that have warnings. For you they are "panel scuff.tif" and "steel.tif". In each bitmap tag look for the second drop down, it will be under "format". Change the drop down to "compressed with explicit alpha". Recompile bitmaps and then make the shaders. Then try structure again.

Also "panel scuff.tiff" has a space in the name. You will need to go back and replace it with an underscore "_" .

I just also found another problem. "panel_main.tif" has the wrong dimensions. Both numbers must be a power of 2. Try changing the size from 256x388 to 256x512 or to 256x256. Halo will not except 388.
Edited by jawa on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 12:55 AM    Msg. 9 of 14       
Yay! Finally, Thank you so much, Hey also, when i open the .Scenario whit Sapien the sky doesnt show up, why is that? And i cant move arround sapien :S I mean, i cant set the Speed and WASD doesnt work DD;

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 04:40 AM    Msg. 10 of 14       
to move around sapien try holding down the shift button and press the tilde key,
if that doesn't work try shift+@ or shift +#
one of them will work.
to set the speed in sapien hold down the wheel button of your mouse and press shift until you have a speed you are happy with using.
i can't quite remember the problem with the sky not showing up,
but did you run the lightmaps command in tool?
Edited by ally on Feb 8, 2012 at 04:40 AM

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 09:30 AM    Msg. 11 of 14       
The sky might not show up if you did not add a sky in guerilla. You can do that by opening the .scenario in guerilla, and look under the "skies" section. There will be a box to link to a .sky file, which will be under tags\sky. Pick one of the folders in there and find a .sky file.
If you have already added a sky then it could be because you have not run lightmaps. The command for lightmaps is: "tool lightmaps levels\mapname\mapname mapname 0 0.9".
Also you did apply a +sky texture in 3ds right?
As for controlling sapien you hold down the middle mouse button, also known as the scroll wheel. While that is held down use the mouse and WASD keys to move. You can set the speed by pressing SHIFT.

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 09:42 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
yeah i run lightmaps, but that was the last i do. is that the problem?
Edit: LOL i dont put the sky texture in 3ds max y put a blue color whit name +sky, is that wrong?
Edited by Lie on Feb 8, 2012 at 09:44 PM

jawa

Utinni!

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 10:29 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Lightmaps should be the last thing you run through tool before you use sapien.

I not sure if you are saying you did apply a blue material with the name +sky or you did not. Either way that is what you need.

Lie

lml

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 12:17 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Indeed, i apply blue material whit +sky in the name. i will try again

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 16, 2020 11:58 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website