A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Ideas for co-op might work....but only if....

Author Topic: Ideas for co-op might work....but only if.... (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

adolif2

Karma changes people.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 06:48 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
Okay, I have some ideas on how to get co-op working, but it requires certain things to be possible first. I know that a lot of progress has been done in bypassing H2V's limitations, but I'm not sure if my exact requirements are possible. Here I go.

First of all, I need a trainer that performs the same way as Yelo for Halo 2 Xbox. That is, it allows AI in Multiplayer.

Next, I need a way to bypass Halo 2 Vista's "selective map choosing".....the way Halo 2 decides to exclude maps from the maps list when they have modded bipeds, vehicles, etc etc.

I'm pretty sure the second one has been done by now, but I'm not sure about the first. If by any chance it hasn't been done yet, would anybody happen to know the memory addresses that would be required to enable AI in multiplayer? I could easily make a trainer, given the knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 05:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
I believe I answered all of that on the second page of your first thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39309&start=36

I made a lot of progress but no-one answered most of my questions, for example I asked you how to hex edit a .scenario file to convert it to SP.

Or how we could control the initial movement distance on the fly thru scripting.

Then I discovered you can change an existing .scenario file into a SP map by opening it in Sapien and then setting it so. I believe I explained that before.

However, I also found that .scenarios compiled as MP have the best chance in CO-OP (less crashing).

We added cut-scene titles as well as a day and night BSPs that can be activated by the player.

You use the app Ambiguous to change the engines (SP, MP, etc) and activate AI.

You can use the MainMenu Mod to sidestep the map restrictions, or load the map from SP as you did, or use the D3D9.DLL mod.

You can find those apps/mods here: http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMrepository/index.html

adolif2

Karma changes people.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 10:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Sorry for being so stupid about that, lol. May I ask who created Ambiguous? I would like to only take a quick peak at the source code so I could get the AI-enabler memory address.

I got a single player map working in multiplayer without using any memory hacks, but it crashes when AI try to spawn.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 10:56 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
No worries, about Ambiguous: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?23827-Ambiguous-Alpha-v2.50

The creator (Kantanomo) is a part of my mapping team H2MT. I'll ask him if he can share his source with you. Part of my philosophy with mapping/modding is to share the source, not hoard it like children and I have tried to instill that in the team, so I do not see any reason he would not.

adolif2

Karma changes people.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 11:09 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Thank you. See, I'm not sure what's going on, but I think it's AI-related. I start up the map in multiplayer mode and enable AI in Ambiguous.

The map is Regret. As soon as I reach the first door to the outside, it freezes, despite the setting made in Ambiguous. I'm assuming that Ambiguous isn't applying the change properly in multiplayer mode for the mod to work.

However, it could be that Ambiguous is only performing the value change once, and that the value is reverting. I'm thinking that maybe a trainer would work better when it injects the value continuously.

Again, this is all just speculation.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 11:51 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
There is something on the maps which is causing it to crash.
Also I will list what works, and what my guess is

The Heretic - Works
Armory - Works
Cairo Station - Camera bug - MC biped is bad?
Outskirts - Camera bug - MC biped is bad?
Metropolis - Camera bug - MC biped is bad?
The Arbiter - Unexplained crash - [crea] Flood infection are bad?
Oracle - Unexplained crash - [crea] Flood infection are bad?
Delta Halo - Unexplained crash - [crea] Quadwing birds are bad?
Regret - Unexplained crash - [crea] Quadwing birds are bad?
Sacred Icon - Unexplained crash - [crea] Sentinel constructors are bad?
Quarantine Zone - Works
Gravemind - Camera bug
Uprising - Works
High Charity - Camera bug
The Great Journey - Works
Edited by Shock120 on Feb 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

adolif2

Karma changes people.

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 04:22 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
I got "Regret" working in multiplayer mode (as in, the MP engine mode), at least until AI tried to spawn.

Is there another memory address that needs editing? I can get AI to spawn in multiplayer without scripts, but scripted ai spawns (such as those in SP) cause the game to crash.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 10:38 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: adolif2
I got "Regret" working in multiplayer mode (as in, the MP engine mode), at least until AI tried to spawn.

Is there another memory address that needs editing? I can get AI to spawn in multiplayer without scripts, but scripted ai spawns (such as those in SP) cause the game to crash.
No idea, but the scripts for the Gondolas did still run.
There's still an unexplained crash :<

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 12:09 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
... it's the cutscenes and the scripted events that make it crash.

Shock120

Valve ftw

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 11:27 AM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper
... it's the cutscenes and the scripted events that make it crash.
:V

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:46 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website