A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Jaz's UI Concepts

Author Topic: Jaz's UI Concepts (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 04:45 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Just while I'm bored while waiting for the Creation Kit to load levels/crash when modding Skyrim, I've decided I'm going to start posting HUD concepts.
Feel free to use them if you feel they would be useful. I don't really care about credit as I'll get plenty of credit for my upcoming Skyrim mod :P But if you want to give credit, feel free. ;)

First UI:

Quite basic and a little unoriginal I suppose, but it's just a quick HUD concept I threw together.
I forget to add a note for the bars under 'Weapon Name'. That's supposed to be ammo.
Basically just a concept for a compressed, slimlined, and easier to manage HUD.
The HUD's supposed to be a little bit transparent, but I couldn't be bothered to draw a custom background just to show a HUD. :P
Feel free to use if you like it. I personally don't think it's amazing, but figured it's good enough to be posted here. :P

I'll post another one or two concepts tomorrow, and might try to improve my drawing skills in the process.

P.S. Yes I know my drawing skills suck. What ya gonna do?

E: Oops, just realised I mixed up UIs and HUDs. If Dennis could fix the title, that'd be great. Doesn't matter though...
Edited by Jaz on Feb 15, 2012 at 04:47 PM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 05:35 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
bullets left in the clip, probably.

Nickster5000

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 06:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
This has what... to do with halo?

Jaz

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 06:49 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick

It's HUD concepts for HALO. I thought it was pretty easy to notice that. Perhaps you've gone further out of the zones of intelligence than I thought, Nick...

Anyway, yes, as I stated, those blue lines under the Weapon Name are supposed to be bullets.
Edited by Jaz on Feb 15, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Edited by Jaz on Feb 15, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Jaz

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 06:54 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
The HUD is a bit tall, if that were put in game the flashlight and whole Health/weapon/ammo thing would be overbearing, no offense. I'd suggest 1) making the stretched semi circle a tad more minimalistic and elongated to fill the top better, and 2) not have that huge flashlight icon to the left. Also, consider putting the weapon at the bottom right as in COD, it's naturally where you'd focus your view instead of glancing up at the huge icon under the healthbar. The concept is intuitive, yeah, but not too practical imo. I think the ammo bar could stay under the health indicator since it's quite small, just be sure to not make them too tiny.

Hmm...
I'll see if I can find time to draw up a new concept tomorrow.
The flashlight size was mainly a placeholder though, as I'm terrible at drawing, and couldn't be bothered to draw a proper icon. :P

Anyway, the semi circle bars are a bit stretched, yes. I think I'll see if I can change the shape to be more practical tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the weapon. I think I might put an icon in the bottom right as you suggested.

Anyway, thank you for your input, Tiel. :)

Nickster5000

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 08:29 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick

It's HUD concepts for HALO. I thought it was pretty easy to notice that. Perhaps you've gone further out of the zones of intelligence than I thought, Nick...

Anyway, yes, as I stated, those blue lines under the Weapon Name are supposed to be bullets.
Edited by Jaz on Feb 15, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Edited by Jaz on Feb 15, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Yea, Mis-read it. Oh well. By the way, you hit that limit the minute you clicked "CREATE ACCOUNT."

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 08:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
um, just a suggestion, the right side looks a tad plain...

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 07:03 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Looks alright for a beginner but as Tiel said it seems to be more about innovation rather than practical use.
E: Didn't we use to have a thread for HUDs?
Edited by Kozakuu on Feb 18, 2012 at 07:03 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 1:05 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website