A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »What do you think will happen in Halo 4???

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: What do you think will happen in Halo 4??? (46 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Don of Darkness

Send me out with a bang

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 06:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 46       

Dr490nbr347h

Stealin yer Cookies.

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 06:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 46       
A story involving Master Chief.

OrangeJuice

I'm feeling much better now, thanks!

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 06:19 PM    Msg. 3 of 46       
Another MasterChief story with yet another god-awful flood encounter half way through the campaign

abkarch

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 06:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 46       
something not relevant to halo CE..:D

hopefully, playable multiplayer.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 06:50 PM    Msg. 5 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
I honestly don't like the concept of a Halo 4. It should have ended with 3, so much emotion went up to that point up until the main characters died and your player went bye bye. The plot was so powerful, is so powerful that by simply adding a new one on top of it just wrecks the singleplayer to hell...I don't want Halo to end up like CoD, not in gameplay, but in lore.

I think they should've named it 'Halo: Exodus' And then named it appropriately after that, like

Halo: Exodus
Dawn of the Precursors

And so on. Just like the naming scheme of the first Halo, 'Combat Evolved'.

Another thing is, leave the forerunners out. If there was one redeeming quality through the milking of the Flood scenario it was the mystery surrounding them. Are they alive? Why did they build these? Would they want to kill us? Are the enemies the descendants of forerunners?

By simply popping them in as a sidenote, it'll turn out just like, well, dragons in Minecraft. Half-baked and unsatisfying.

I actually like that idea.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 10:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 46       
As much I love halo, I've got a feeling the story for halo 4 will be god awful. Reminds me of that book that came out (cryptum or something) where it turns out humans were actually the bad guys until the forerunners wiped them all out.

Mini0013xx

I aim to entertain

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 02:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 46       
All flood! ALL FLOOD! I DEMAND MORE FLOOD!!!

I want at least 24 flood campaign missions, and a flood firefight!

Okay, maybe I went a little too far with the campaign part, but the flood firefight would be pretty cool. After all, I love the flood. FLOOD!!!
Edited by Mini0013xx on Feb 19, 2012 at 02:47 AM

Mini0013xx

I aim to entertain

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 02:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 46       
Indeed. Perhaps someone on this site should, I don't know, perhaps make one. Anyone? No? Oh well. I'm not making it. Too lazy.

But I do hope they have a flood firefight in Halo 4, it would indeed be magical!

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 04:52 AM    Msg. 9 of 46       
***WARNING SPOILER***

chief saves the galaxy. nuff said
Edited by CorpseManTS on Feb 19, 2012 at 04:53 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 05:20 AM    Msg. 10 of 46       
Omg leaks

Masterchief dies of heat disease right after they find another Spartan.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 05:31 AM    Msg. 11 of 46       
His new armor looks like ass and his arms are unusually scrawny

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 08:30 AM    Msg. 12 of 46       
cmon guys we know UNSC secretly installed fountain of youth-water on their backs, but jorge's seem to be defected even though he has a water jug like thingy hangin on his back.

but now srsly, give a wild guess on his enemy on H4LO...

abkarch

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 11:48 AM    Msg. 13 of 46       
Am i the only person that thinks the books and crap went overboard with a video game?
which doesn't help the fact that chances are, people who decide not to read the books aren't going to understand halo 4, at all.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 02:24 PM    Msg. 14 of 46       
That new armor look VERY VERY GOOD ! except the feet ^^

Bobblehob

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 04:24 PM    Msg. 15 of 46       
You might notice that that image is of an action figure, so the arms and legs look really out of proportion because the joints rotate. I think the armor looks pretty sweet personally, its different, but in an interesting way.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 05:04 PM    Msg. 16 of 46       
I think that should be Mark 7.

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 05:50 PM    Msg. 17 of 46       
I'm with bobblehob on this one, I quite like it. The feet are...odd - I think for the points of contact with the ground for an 800lb supersoldier, they are too scrawny and 'bitty', giving the deadspace effect. Cover up the boots and I think it looks great. Not a fan of the reach armour.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 09:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 46       
No reason not to make a game about the Forerunners. Halo 3 ended with Chief floating around in space, I find that a STUPID ending... He should be either dead, or living happily for a story to end. As eventually he would land on a planet.

Im rather excited for it tbh, it's new.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 09:40 PM    Msg. 19 of 46       
well I can pretty much guarantee we're gonna be shootin sentinels with a flare gun XP

the game trilogy will prolly tie up all the loose ends from books like ghosts of onyx while trying to replace the covenant with some new enemy. I just hope they do like Epic Games Studios and make the covenant's replacement more than filler and have them be satisfying to fight.

Bobblehob

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 10:02 PM    Msg. 20 of 46       

You find cliffhangers stupid? And it can't even be called that, anyhow, since Bungie didn't intend for the story to go on. Now 343 scrambles its writers to come up with some lameass excuse as to why all of a sudden forerunners exist. It's just raping the lore.

I'm not hating on it because it's new, I'm bagging on it because the notion of the story picking up after 3 is ridiculous. It's been said many times before, but eventually Halo will be a less successful Call of Duty in terms of sp plot, and mp won't be around to save its backside either. I'd really hate to see that happen.
Edited by Tiel on Feb 19, 2012 at 09:53 PM

Come on man, are you really going to assume something, when no real information has been released about the game? The only thing we know about it so far is that the Chiefs armor looks different, that there possibly may be a pistol-like grenade launcher, and that there probably will be a ton of forerunner structures and tech involved. When you get right down to it, that is the real basis for the entire Halo story, the existence of the Forerunners and the technology they had. I see no evidence in what has been given to us that the chief will actually meet living forerunners, so to be honest, its a bit too early to go on about them "raping the lore".

Bobblehob

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 10:41 PM    Msg. 21 of 46       
Sorry bro, but it is still too early, there hasn't been one official release regarding the content of the game. Basing your opinion of how bad the games story is at this time is idiotic. There is absolutely nothing to base it on.

Bobblehob

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 11:07 PM    Msg. 22 of 46       
I've at no point referenced ANY releases. My entire reasoning is based on the fact they're making a 4. It has nothing to do with what they have or haven't unveiled, the end result is the same. I hate to be redundant, but Halo games past have all led up to the climax at 3, and anything after that undoubtedly is going to try to resurrect an already dead plot.

Don't worry buddy though, I'm sure we'll get some good multiplayer action in there :D

I didnt say that you referenced anything, Im just saying that you should actually wait until there actually has been info released, before you make said opinions, instead of just basing it off of the fact that it is after the climax of the old storyline. There is plenty of potential left for good storytelling in the Halo series, before and after the storyline of the games.

I do agree atleast on the multiplayer, I am looking forward to that :D

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 10:35 AM    Msg. 23 of 46       
nvm, quote fail
Edited by Diaboy on Feb 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 01:47 PM    Msg. 24 of 46       
Halo 4:

Sentinels
Forerunners
A giant thing that can destroy the Universe
Master Chief Blows it up

Halo 5: Same thing more Universe destroying weps.

abkarch

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 05:46 PM    Msg. 25 of 46       
Which books are you referring to? I'm sure 343 will make accommodations for it's illiterate playerbase, such as flashbacks or something.

all of the ones that involve reach and cortana after halo 3 and any other spartans in the universe that might appear in halo 4, and something about cortana going crazy or "rampant" or something. oh and what happened to all the forerunners and precursors or whatever. Oh and anything ELSE thats not in the games, which is ALOT, apparently

abkarch

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 06:10 PM    Msg. 26 of 46       
yea, but apparently there are stories before halo 3, that leave spartans alive, and that explain forerunners/precursors, etc.

abkarch

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 06:14 PM    Msg. 27 of 46       
right. sorry, its all very confusing to me.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 07:50 PM    Msg. 28 of 46       
Cryptum
-
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
The Cole Protocol

There aren't any after Halo 3. A new series by Greg Bear is in the works, but that's just setting the stage for the Forerunner trilogy storyline. And it's set thousands of millenia before Humans even dreamed of going to space.

The whole rampancy thing is derived from the Halo Encyclopedia, iirc.

I hope those arnt in order cause that is completely wrong.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 09:45 PM    Msg. 29 of 46       
Time wise, The Cole Protocol is before all of those.

bigfoot343

Madness? THIS IS HALO!!!!

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 02:23 AM    Msg. 30 of 46       
Cryptum
Primordium
-
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol
Glasslands

There aren't any after Halo 3 Except for Halo Glasslands. A new series by Greg Bear is in the works, but that's just setting the stage for the Forerunner trilogy storyline. And it's set thousands of millenia before Humans even dreamed of going to space.

FTFY
Edited by bigfoot343 on Feb 21, 2012 at 02:24 AM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 02:28 AM    Msg. 31 of 46       
Quote: --- Original message by: bigfoot343

Cryptum
Primordium
-
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol
Glasslands

There aren't any after Halo 3 Except for Halo Glasslands. A new series by Greg Bear is in the works, but that's just setting the stage for the Forerunner trilogy storyline. And it's set thousands of millenia before Humans even dreamed of going to space.

FTFY
Edited by bigfoot343 on Feb 21, 2012 at 02:24 AM

Isn't there a whole new Spartan in grasslands?

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 05:28 AM    Msg. 32 of 46       
(cries)Why won't they bring Glasslands to Australia? Me very sad now. And lonely. The others have left for COD.

Can't blame em, I suppose. Despite the fact that it is very unoriginal, recycles tons of stuff, and is generally bleh to me seems to have made a very successful game franchise.

Anyway, there is no way you can judge ANYTHING about Halo 4. No way at all. Not the story, not the makers, nothing. You have no idea what will happen. You have no idea what WON'T happen. There is literally no way to make a judgment.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 04:56 PM    Msg. 33 of 46       
But then again, you couldn't really judge anything from the Halo 2 E3 trailer, apart from the fact he has friggin epic armor and a cool rifle(the space station one.) That part of the game was cut, sadly, so the only things you can judge are the armor and the rifle.

Same here. Only three things you can judge? New armor, which probably won't be the final version, new weapon, which I'M excited about, and the fact he will crash land on an epic forerunner structure.

By the time Halo 4 will be released, that will have been over a year ago.The amount of change that goes on in a game from the first concept right to the last finishing touch is enormous. I think we've all seen the original Halo trailer, correct?

Therefore, the amount of judging you can do is extremely low. They only added a concept art trailer, which doesn't show much apart from the expected stuff. UNSC/Or just plain humans on some epic environment.

So apart from relatively minute facts, we don't know much. And please don't give me any stuff about "Oh, the forerunner planet." We saw it in Halo 3, very much. That is simply a confirmation of what was unproved fact.

I, for one, am interested in the direction 343 is heading in. This sounds delicious, considering the fact that the Chief has lost almost everyone dear to him, and the ones he hasn't lost are on the Shield Wolrd Onyx(From my last count, since I haven't friggin read glasslands yet.) The only person he now cares about is the lonely AI that might or might not be rampant. The Chief, having lost everything.

Thats just like wonderful chocolate to my ears.

EDIT: Also, in answer to the top post, the Master Chief is Microsoft's prize flagship, the sword to defeat COD with, and thus get more moneyz. They would never be able to leave the Master Chief behind. Absolutely never.
Edited by LegionofShadows on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:57 PM

LegionofShadows

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 06:53 PM    Msg. 34 of 46       
Oh, shoulda explained. It's Microsofts sword. From THEIR point of view, itsa the sword to defeat Cod with, and get more money.

Anyway, games are bound to not have as good a storyline as books. Why? Because there's less you can add. I freely admit that the books have better storyline than the game, but that is simply because of the fact that some parts are simply not needed. Alpha Base wasn't needed in Combat Evolved. And so on.

Buuut... Both storylines are powerful. I cried when Miranda and Johnson died. I strongly believe itr will be a powerful storyline.

There's only one way I see Halo 4 not being as powerful as Onyx, and that is the fact there is no Martin O'Donnel and Michael Salvatori making the music(Last time I heard.) So that may be the downfall. Music.

I am still eager as hell.
Edited by LegionofShadows on Feb 24, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Mar 2, 2012 01:33 AM    Msg. 35 of 46       
Halo 4 plot:

Master Chief will shoot his way out, to mix things up a little

EDIT: Halo 4 should be the last game, so there will be 7 games in total. seriously making up to halo 7 the story will be dead and halo will die.
Edited by 1337 on Mar 2, 2012 at 01:37 AM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 2:51 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website