A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Poll: What Gametypes would you like to see in CE?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Poll: What Gametypes would you like to see in CE? (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:00 AM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Poll: What Gametypes would you like to see in CE?

People can submit gametype ideas as long as they aren't outragously complex

Please refer to the bottom of the post for what you may vote for.

Trap Based Gameplay - ( Amazing idea from Kirby )
Gameplay where one may place or activate traps throughout the map.
Ex #1: I place a trap under a vehicle.
Ex #2: I activate a trap by pulling a switch on a wall.
Ex #3: I Booby-Trap a supply crate with explosives.

"Capture" Game Mode ( Amazing idea from Kirby )
Gameplay where instead of dying, whoever runs out of health is counted as captured. The team that captured him is rewarded. Once a certain amount of people are captured, the team of those who captured them will receive some sort of award. You can still respawn
Ex #1: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives a tank as a reward.
Ex #2: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives extra grenades as a reward.
Ex #3: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives an extra weapon as a reward.

"Kill Confirmed" Style Gameplay - ( Idea from me )
Gameplay where, once an enemy is killed, they drop their skull. The killer or a teammate of the killer has to pick up the skull to confirm the kill and to delay reinforcements, while the teammate of the one who was killed has to kill the person who picked up his dead ally's skull or pick it up to void the enemy of a kill.
Ex #1: ExampleGuy01 Kills me and picks up my skull, I have an extended respawn time or have to wait until Reinforcements arive.
Ex #2: ExampleGuy01 Kills me, but ExampleGuy02 picks up my skull, denying ExampleGuy01 of a kill and allowing me to respawn.
Ex #3: ExampleGuy01 kills me and picks up my skull, but ExampleGuy02 kills him and reclaims my skull, allowing me to respawn but NOT denying ExampleGuy01 of a kill.

"Push Forward" Game Mode ( Amazing idea from GRUNTS )
Gameplay where the teams compete to captures "hills", similar to KotH, starting from the center of the map. Once captured by a team, the hill shifts towards the losing team's base in stages if they fail to capture it. A team wins when they capture the hill when it is directly in front of their base, or perhaps on it(?). Reinforcements, aka vehicles, maybe weapons(?), will be rewarded to the losing team once they are 2 stages away from defeat.
Ex #1: Blue team captures the hill when it is in the middle, and it then moves to a stage that is closer to red base.
Ex #2: Red team is losing, but manages to capture the hill multiple times until it's closer to blue base. Blue team is losing.
Ex #3: Blue team is losing, and the hill is 2 stages away. They are given 2 warthogs at their base to help push red team back. A tank is given along with an additional warthog if the hill is on its final stage.

Poll: Would you like Open Sauce to be used in the scripting of one of these?

Yes- (2)
No- (1)

Edited by 032 Mendicant Bias on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Edited by 032 Mendicant Bias on Feb 22, 2012 at 05:27 PM
Edited by 032 Mendicant Bias on Feb 22, 2012 at 07:24 PM

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:23 AM    Msg. 2 of 38       
I like the twist in Kill Confirmed, Love Capture most, and would like to have OS Scripting.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:28 AM    Msg. 3 of 38       
Would it be possible to have an invasion gametype? I've always wanted to try invasion..

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:50 AM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: 032 Mendicant Bias

Poll: What Gametypes would you like to see in CE?

People can submit gametype ideas as long as they aren't outragously complex

Please refer to the bottom of the post for what you may vote for.

Trap Based Gameplay - ( Amazing idea from Kirby )
Gameplay where one may place or activate traps throughout the map.
Ex #1: I place a trap under a vehicle.
Ex #2: I activate a trap by pulling a switch on a wall.
Ex #3: I Booby-Trap a supply crate with explosives.

"Capture" Game Mode ( Amazing idea from Kirby )
Gameplay where instead of dying, whoever runs out of health is counted as captured. The team that captured him is rewarded. Once a certain amount of people are captured, the team of those who captured them will receive some sort of award. You can still respawn
Ex #1: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives a tank as a reward.
Ex #2: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives extra grenades as a reward.
Ex #3: My team "captures" a certain amount of people and receives an extra weapon as a reward.

"Kill Confirmed" Style Gameplay - ( Idea from me )
Gameplay where, once an enemy is killed, they drop their skull. The killer or a teammate of the killer has to pick up the skull to confirm the kill and to delay reinforcements, while the teammate of the one who was killed has to kill the person who picked up his dead ally's skull or pick it up to void the enemy of a kill.
Ex #1: ExampleGuy01 Kills me and picks up my skull, I have an extended respawn time or have to wait until Reinforcements arive.
Ex #2: ExampleGuy01 Kills me, but ExampleGuy02 picks up my skull, denying ExampleGuy01 of a kill and allowing me to respawn.
Ex #3: ExampleGuy01 kills me and picks up my skull, but ExampleGuy02 kills him and reclaims my skull, allowing me to respawn but NOT denying ExampleGuy01 of a kill.

Poll: Would you like Open Sauce to be used in the scripting of one of these?

Yes- (0)
No- (0)
Edited by 032 Mendicant Bias on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I DONT WANT MW3 IN MAH HALO!!!

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 02:05 AM    Msg. 5 of 38       
A dodgeball perhaps? but then with Halo's net code or what ever, I'm not sure if it'll work.
(Any varient of dodgeball would work. Eg. Doctor Dodgeball, War Ball, what ever else your P.E. Teachers came up with)

032 Mendicant Bias

Magnum periculum est elit.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 11:28 AM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Would it be possible to have an invasion gametype? I've always wanted to try invasion..

I think so, although it would require quite a bit of work. I can add that to the list if you would like.

rocknroll237

Rock 'N' Roll Baby!

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 11:56 AM    Msg. 7 of 38       
I'd like to see it scripted with OS and I like the ideas. Very interesting. Not sure many will like Kill Confirm too much, though (it's far too similar to COD).

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 04:13 PM    Msg. 8 of 38       

I don't really play any of the other halo games (just zipped through SP on all but reach, havent tried reach yet, although its probably in the 5 dollar bin now that aniversery is out, so I guess I could try at some point) Just basically say what you would like to see, but for the most part, anything should be possible.

Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
A dodgeball perhaps? but then with Halo's net code or what ever, I'm not sure if it'll work.
(Any varient of dodgeball would work. Eg. Doctor Dodgeball, War Ball, what ever else your P.E. Teachers came up with)

So how exactly do you see this working? a giant box with two sides, arcing projectiles, one hit, one kill, and then leave some marker there so this 'doctor' could revive them back there? when a certain number of people are dead, decrease play area, etc. idk, doesn't sound like a video game type thing, it really is more of for real life lol.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 04:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       
air warfare game type.

okay so there are a few maps that have the jets can't remember the maps but in 1 or 2 there are some very nice models.
what i'm thinking about is the new way physics can be used with os,
does this let vehicles fly upside down?
can we have barrel rolls for sky battles?
i think this would make them vehicles much more like the way they are supposed to be.
could be fun...
full server dogfights/slayer :)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 04:52 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
I want to see a gametype were teams switch on and off humans/covenant. Humans cover a bomb and get weapon drops; covenants assault the bomb and get a ghost or banshee on their side.

When the bomb blows up, the game ends. However there is a timer - if the timer goes all the way out out and the bomb hasn't exploded, the humans win and get extracted.

kirby_422

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 05:35 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: ally
air warfare game type.

okay so there are a few maps that have the jets can't remember the maps but in 1 or 2 there are some very nice models.
what i'm thinking about is the new way physics can be used with os,
does this let vehicles fly upside down?
can we have barrel rolls for sky battles?
i think this would make them vehicles much more like the way they are supposed to be.
could be fun...
full server dogfights/slayer :)

Could be like the banshee in this video, yes. The thing is, vehicle names aren't synced online.. on the other hand, in globals.globals, you can set the player type to .vehicle. and if your looking for a complete arial battle map, then that would be what you want anyways; people spawning as their planes *shrug*

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 06:01 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
okay, not sure if i really like the sound of spawning in the plane.
can you force your banshee to loop up and back on it's self?
kinda like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyihGlPPYhs
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTi6sfsA4xg
for better evasion of a following enemy.

kirby_422

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 06:47 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: ally
okay, not sure if i really like the sound of spawning in the plane.

not spawning IN the plane, but spawning AS the plane.

And you can do any sort of flip, its just extremely difficult to do, I did plenty of somersaults on bloodgulch during my initial tests.
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
Will you be able to use rounds? I mean 4 rounds and like the announcer says Round over.

Better explain what you want, because obviously we can have some random voice announce stuff around the map, but just a random sound for no reason is fairly pointless.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 02:56 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       
Halo PC Vegas and Halo PC Headhunter :P

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 03:32 AM    Msg. 15 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Personally I'd like to see something like Conquest in Battlefield or Battlefront 2, where you capture points around the map to win the round.

This. Makes me want to keep going with the M-COM I was working on.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 10:06 AM    Msg. 16 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Personally I'd like to see something like Conquest in Battlefield or Battlefront 2, where you capture points around the map to win the round.

This. Makes me want to keep going with the M-COM I was working on.
\

Lol. The MCOM is from Rush, which I'd actually rather see than conquest :P

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 06:10 PM    Msg. 17 of 38       
I meant BF gametypes in general, not just conquest.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 25, 2012 01:50 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
I like Trap, Is it kind of like Death Run in gmod? If so that would be cool to see in CE

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: Feb 26, 2012 02:35 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       

Invasion slayer is somewhat easy to make, but overall Invasion would need a lot of work put into it. Message me on xfire and we can discuss it. Should still have a working Script for invasion slayer.

kirby_422

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 10:46 PM    Msg. 20 of 38       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6eCQ5-9Hs
K, that's invasion, right? I'll probably toss in musical flashlights for syncing tomorrow then release it.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 08:51 AM    Msg. 21 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
K, that's invasion, right? I'll probably toss in musical flashlights for syncing tomorrow then release it.

Interesting concept, if you did this with Sauce would you be able to fully create a "new gametype" instead of modding an already existing one?

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 12:06 PM    Msg. 22 of 38       
I'd like to see oddball replaced with griffball and assault replaced with invasion.

kirby_422

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 01:19 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

Interesting concept, if you did this with Sauce would you be able to fully create a "new gametype" instead of modding an already existing one?

Well, you could sorta do that if you wanted.
http://code.google.com/p/open-sauce/wiki/Doc_Halo1_NewScriptInterfaces#game_engine_data_get_integer
Just pick a gametype, and then have one checker vehicle that doesn't defaultly spawn. If they go into the gametype settings, and directly choose to have that type of vehicle spawn, then have it decide to play the new game type, otherwise, etc. Or, name one of the default vehicles, and if that vehicle doesn't spawn (vehicle limit set to 0) then play the custom game type on that gamemode.

Anyways, I'm using sauce purely to make the team checking easier lol (otherwise, it would either be based on CTF, or me using behind the stage AI to determine teams)

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 09:50 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
So what you are suggesting would be having a specific gamesetting match "certain" gametype settings. (certain playerflag)
I was more wondering if it would be possible to completely add a new gametype like:

Engine data_name Help
All type 0=None, 1=CTF, 2=Slayer, 3=Oddball, 4=King, 5=Race, 6=Invasion?

As OpenSauce has both a client and a server side.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 11:10 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       
I would like it if there was Grifball.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 11:26 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I would like it if there was Grifball.

Already got it. I belive its on this site somewhere.
Edited by Slayer117 on Apr 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

kirby_422

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 12:37 AM    Msg. 27 of 38       
something something something.
Anyways, I'll make the script nicer after finals (And after I make a nice box BSP to test in instead of that foolish icefields one.. darn you default BSPs without syncing areas making the syncing level crappy! rawr), and then release a script template for my scripting app I made that everyone has obviously forgotten about (mostly because I want to update that app to have a few more features I want to include in this template lol)

idk what ill make tomorrow.. I might just study for my finals, who knows *shrug*

Wolf_

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 11:52 AM    Msg. 28 of 38       
Capture the tank..nuff said.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 12:32 PM    Msg. 29 of 38       
So is it possible to make it more like reach, when an area is captured maybe a new BSP will load up and let the oposing team proceed. Couldn't this be possible, because I thought Opsy had a way for switchable BSP and it synced.

kirby_422

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 01:22 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
I was only told about the area being effected by the stages like 30 minutes before I released that test map. Anyways, it can be done. I'll deal with that in my checkered box map test whenever I make that. Anything else I wasn't informed of?

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 10:21 AM    Msg. 31 of 38       
The only major things that happen in it are, The layout of the map changes to progress the opposing team. More vehicles and weapons spawn. An like on the 3rd phase you have to capture a core and take it to a location. that's basically a mild summary of what goes on in invasion.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 10:37 AM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Just type in Youtube:

Halo Reach Invasion Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3vCsl8iixM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 1, 2012 11:10 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       
Would like to see a gametype where the objective is to kill one specific player on a team. Could have an assault variant where only one team has an objective to kill the selected player.
Also i assume it would be possible to have the nav point player randomly switch to a different player after a set time.
Thoughts?

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 1, 2012 11:33 PM    Msg. 34 of 38       
That's kinda like juggernaut isnt it? Something like along the lines of VIP in other fps games i guess.

kirby_422

Posted: May 1, 2012 11:41 PM    Msg. 35 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
So what you are suggesting would be having a specific gamesetting match "certain" gametype settings. (certain playerflag)
I was more wondering if it would be possible to completely add a new gametype like:

Engine data_name Help
All type 0=None, 1=CTF, 2=Slayer, 3=Oddball, 4=King, 5=Race, 6=Invasion?

As OpenSauce has both a client and a server side.

Recently came across something which will let me do that regardless of OS. You can now pass data from map to map freely. The data is only stored until halo is closed, so it is only useful for passing map to map, but you have thousands of these variables to use :P In the future, you can enter the next SP map with the same weapons as the previous map, etc. Anyways, if I use this for gametypes in MP, people will be required to use a mainmenu that supports this.. Some people may be against that.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 6:29 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website