A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Convert PC to CE or mod multiplayer CE map

Author Topic: Convert PC to CE or mod multiplayer CE map (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

freesword

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 08:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
How can i convert a modded halo PC bloodgulch or gephyrophobia map to CE to play on a CE server? i tryed using the halo map version converter but when i convert it and load it in the game it has glitchy colors and sounds and hurts the eyes.
Or is there a way i can mod the CE map bloodgulch or gephyrophobia like change spawn points or move vehicles because if i can just mod the ce map then i wouldnt need to convert the pc mod.

YoGamerProductionz

I'm back and a noob at modding :(

Posted: Mar 4, 2012 08:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
There is a tool on editing maps. You have to download HEK and HEK+.

HEK:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=411
HEK+:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1542

Download them. Install HEK and extrack HEK+ to anywhere. You use HEK for editing maps and HEK+ for ripping things (like the bloodgulch map). 2 important things for editing maps, Guerilla and Sapien. Sapien is like a forge type program. You can place, edit and remove stuff. Guerilla is mostly editing stuff in the tags folder. You have to get tags from this website. Okay now for HEK+, open it and open a map by going to File>Open. Browse to "C:\Program Files (64 bit = Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps" and open "bloodgulch.map" You will see lots of files. Open levels>test>bloodgulch then drag "bloodgulch.scenario" to Tag Extraction Queue. Unbox "Save Extracted Tag List" then press Start. Wait then when it's finished, close it. Open sapien.exe and browse to "Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test\bloodgulch" and then open bloodgulch.scenario. If it closes then open your debug.txt in your Halo CE directory and copy the last paragraph. If it doesn't close, then it works. There should be some tutorials in this website you can find for Sapien and Guerilla. Oh and if your downloading tags, put the files in the tags folder. Good luck on modding.

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 01:51 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
also if you mod a custom edition map anyone who wishes to play on your server will need the modded version of the map, not like in halo pc where you can mod it and they can join

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon April 6, 2020 8:28 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website