A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 new trailer

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 4 new trailer (44 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

bigfoot343

Madness? THIS IS HALO!!!!

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 01:51 PM    Msg. 1 of 44       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo

Shows ingame footage and new info!

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 03:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 44       
It looks cool but it also seems with some things they may be going for a more cinematic, cod like experience within campaign (you can clearly see completley animated movements and stuff, ie grabbing ledges, pulling doors apart), which im not against as long as those types of events are specifically for cinematic like areas. Otherwise the graphics seem to be a step up from what Reach was. It looks exciting but it also seems to be like the normal Halo we all know, at least from what we can see during multiplayer gameplay.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 03:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 44       
One thing's for sure: the game looks absolutely amazing. It's incredible what the simple addition of godrays does.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 04:01 PM    Msg. 4 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
One thing's for sure: the game looks absolutely amazing. It's incredible what the simple addition of godrays does.

It's also amazing what it blurs out - you can hardly see anything that you want to see environment wise from those video clips becuase of them, only whats in front.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 04:16 PM    Msg. 5 of 44       
I wish they'd quit making the weapons look so polygonal and geometric, just because you can have super blocky weapons, doesn't mean you should.

other than that it doesn't look like the gameplay's been changed much, not that I'd complain if they would allow cover hopping or the ability to take actually TAKE COVER (I'm pretty sure crysis is the only fps that allows this, so it'd be kinda revolutionary), but I digress.

overall looks pretty good, kinda wish they wouldn't redo the sounds because after all the sounds are kinda the game's identifiers, I wish they'd do like Ensemble Studios and try to keep everything good and familiar

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 04:29 PM    Msg. 6 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
I wish they'd quit making the weapons look so polygonal and geometric, just because you can have super blocky weapons, doesn't mean you should.

other than that it doesn't look like the gameplay's been changed much, not that I'd complain if they would allow cover hopping or the ability to take actually TAKE COVER (I'm pretty sure crysis is the only fps that allows this, so it'd be kinda revolutionary), but I digress.

overall looks pretty good, kinda wish they wouldn't redo the sounds because after all the sounds are kinda the game's identifiers, I wish they'd do like Ensemble Studios and try to keep everything good and familiar

You're paying the sound team's retirement funds, btw. ;)

If Halo 4's on PC, I'm getting it.
If not,
343 never existed in my mind.

E: Actually, if Microsoft ever get over their stupid battles with Sony and Nintendo, I'll still get Halo 4 if it's not on PC but is on the Wii U.
I'm still not getting the Xbox 720/whatever it's called though so that's not an alternative.
Edited by Jaz on Mar 5, 2012 at 04:33 PM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 04:40 PM    Msg. 7 of 44       
:/ i dont know, imo its kinda like its getting to be like crysis and not halo.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 05:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 44       
They aren't just using campaign maps for the muliplayer maps. Happyface.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 05:45 PM    Msg. 9 of 44       
I can guarantee this won't be released on PC. If it is, then it won't have an editing kit like CE.

I think this game looks ok, but I dont' like the new battle rifle. I can see where people are coming from when they say this game is getting more like Crysis.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 05:47 PM    Msg. 10 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
I can guarantee this won't be released on PC.

ya dont say

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 05:59 PM    Msg. 11 of 44       

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 07:49 PM    Msg. 12 of 44       
I'm interested to see what they mean by the backstory surrounding the multiplayer. Also the BR sounds nothing like I expected it to. It almost sounds like the silenced smg from ODST. Not a fan.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 08:12 PM    Msg. 13 of 44       
Although the guns seem a bit like Crysis, I kinda of like how they're going towards a more modern-ish/technical look. Halo is only 550 years into the future, and they're still using guns with bullets that aren't too different from what we use now. BR-55 HB=M16A4.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 08:33 PM    Msg. 14 of 44       
Damn. Why couldn't you have waited until after I graduated from college. :|

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 12:12 AM    Msg. 15 of 44       
Looks like Halo Reach 2. Ugly Forerunner architecture, overdetailed models just for the sake of cramming in more detail, the gameplay footage somehow feeled "fake" too. Something simply feels off, just like it did in Reach. Goodbye Halo saga, you have been milked and destroyed.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 12:51 AM    Msg. 16 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Something simply feels off, just like it did in Reach. Goodbye Halo saga, you have been milked and destroyed.
You are not looking at the long view. The original game since came in 2001 and Halo 4 will be released at the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013. The people conceived while Halo 1 was being developed will have grown into the new players of Halo 4 as their first video game. Those new players wouldn't be caught dead playing a 12 year old game just as the people who played Halo 1 wouldn't still play Doom or Quake. A whole new market has been born and grown to replace the existing ones who don't think it will match up to the original in the time between development of the first game and Halo 4.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 01:53 AM    Msg. 17 of 44       
Forerunner architecture is a masterpiece, to say simply. They've captured the forerunner feel, which extends to the halo feel. Good on you, 343. This is going to be game of the year...

if not game of the decade.

I particulalry like the new Battle Rifle. It seems higher tech, and its pretty good looking. They've managed to mnake the spartans shown look awesome, so maybe there'll be awesome ones in here.

I, for one, am already salivating.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 02:33 AM    Msg. 18 of 44       
Looks like Halo Reach 2. Ugly Forerunner architecture, overdetailed models just for the sake of cramming in more detail, the gameplay footage somehow feeled "fake" too. Something simply feels off, just like it did in Reach. Goodbye Halo saga, you have been milked and destroyed.

I also agree with you how it kinda felt off putting or something was wrong.
But also do agree with dennis.

LegionofShadows

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 03:26 AM    Msg. 19 of 44       
Spotted a few things:

Motion tracker friendly icons are now green instead of yellow, and there seems to be a new feature: You can see if they are above or below you, due to a new arrow system. If the arrow is on their front, they are above you, and at the back, below! Take note, this is theorised due to what I've seen.

Having the grenade pistol as a usable weapon is pretty much confirmed, due to tehir showing a reload animation.

1:54, top right, there appears to be 3 grenade types, cause htey're probably grenade icons. So, apart from ther generic frag and plasma grenades, what will we see?

The possibility of driving Mechs is shown due to thew fact a giant mech is being built in warhouse.

2:46, player appears to use a jetpack to slow the fall, so maybe jetpacks are confirmed in multiplayer?

3:44, pause when Mastershief is firing battle rifle from ledge. There appears to be an armor ability-ish object on his butt, so the possibility of armor abilites?

Desert area in the campaign pretty much confirmed from photos, so what will we get? It reminds me of Mars from Red Faction Guerilla, and the Great Khan's base in Fallout New Vegas.

Not a fully in depth analysis, which I will do ,later, but just noticed some things.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 07:45 AM    Msg. 20 of 44       
I just want that mobile su......I mean mech.

Bobblehob

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 11:32 AM    Msg. 21 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Spotted a few things:

Motion tracker friendly icons are now green instead of yellow, and there seems to be a new feature: You can see if they are above or below you, due to a new arrow system. If the arrow is on their front, they are above you, and at the back, below! Take note, this is theorised due to what I've seen.

Having the grenade pistol as a usable weapon is pretty much confirmed, due to tehir showing a reload animation.

It was in the trailer but has not been hinted about any further.

1:54, top right, there appears to be 3 grenade types, cause htey're probably grenade icons. So, apart from ther generic frag and plasma grenades, what will we see?

See edit at bottom

The possibility of driving Mechs is shown due to thew fact a giant mech is being built in warhouse.

2:46, player appears to use a jetpack to slow the fall, so maybe jetpacks are confirmed in multiplayer?

Huh? He falls at the same speed, and I don't see a jetpack there.

3:44, pause when Mastershief is firing battle rifle from ledge. There appears to be an armor ability-ish object on his butt, so the possibility of armor abilites?

Umm, pretty sure there isn't anything on his butt, besides the armor :P

Desert area in the campaign pretty much confirmed from photos, so what will we get? It reminds me of Mars from Red Faction Guerilla, and the Great Khan's base in Fallout New Vegas.

Not a fully in depth analysis, which I will do ,later, but just noticed some things.

Edit: IF you see the video at 1:59 There is a video taken of someone playing on a tv screen, and in that video, it looks like the grenade icons are large and actually on the right side. It also looks as though the secondary weapon actually sits in the top left portion of the HUD.
Edited by Bobblehob on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

TM_updates

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 12:39 PM    Msg. 22 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Something simply feels off, just like it did in Reach. Goodbye Halo saga, you have been milked and destroyed.
You are not looking at the long view. The original game since came in 2001 and Halo 4 will be released at the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013. The people conceived while Halo 1 was being developed will have grown into the new players of Halo 4 as their first video game. Those new players wouldn't be caught dead playing a 12 year old game just as the people who played Halo 1 wouldn't still play Doom or Quake. A whole new market has been born and grown to replace the existing ones who don't think it will match up to the original in the time between development of the first game and Halo 4.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we all could enjoy each game we play as if it were our first game?

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 12:45 PM    Msg. 23 of 44       
The people conceived while Halo 1 was being developed will have grown into the new players of Halo 4 as their first video game. Those new players wouldn't be caught dead playing a 12 year old game just as the people who played Halo 1 wouldn't still play Doom or Quake.

Idk about most people... but I personally play games ranging from Wolfenstein 3d (which actually predates Doom and Quake) to MW3 and Skyrim. So some of us still enjoy the things that the past generation of gamers enjoyed... and we don't want to see them completely done away with. (there is something to be said for staying true to a classic)

If devs want to make a new, original game then they should make one... but don't ruin a classic by "reinventing it"

I personally think that more game devs should adopt the policy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

TM_updates

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 12:59 PM    Msg. 24 of 44       
Agreed with Yoda's last two sentences.

Dennis

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 11:16 PM    Msg. 25 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
So some of us still enjoy the things that the past generation of gamers enjoyed... and we don't want to see them completely done away with. (there is something to be said for staying true to a classic)
I highlighted the key word in your statement.
If devs want to make a new, original game then they should make one... but don't ruin a classic by "reinventing it"
While I don't disagree with your sentiment, it's called the gamming business for a very good reason. Invention and re-invention are a core attribute to being financially successful.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if we all could enjoy each game we play as if it were our first game?
Yes it would indeed.

Jaz

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 12:28 AM    Msg. 26 of 44       
Just figured I'd point out that there's more gamers that play classic games than you think, Dennis. A lot of people moved from Reach to Anniversary for example.

There's also the fact that I personally play a wide range of games, from Crimson Skies, which is probably older than Halo, to Skyrim and, the best game ever made(Well not exactly 'made' yet since it's in alpha but still); Overgrowth.

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 09:51 AM    Msg. 27 of 44       
So some of us still enjoy the things that the past generation of gamers enjoyed... and we don't want to see them completely done away with. (there is something to be said for staying true to a classic)
I highlighted the key word in your statement.
While I don't disagree with your sentiment, it's called the gamming business for a very good reason. Invention and re-invention are a core attribute to being financially successful.
Yes it would indeed.

Yea, I understand that it is a business and that the game devs are in it to make money. But it still sucks sometimes. But I still think that they would be more successful if they created something new rather than alienating their most loyal fans by ruining something old.

As for being financially successful. A perfect example of what I mentioned is Call of Duty. The CoD franchise is arguably the most successful gaming franchise in the history of gaming. Each year they release a new game and break every single record for most money earned, and yet each game is almost identical to the previous game. Despite all of the flack that the catch from some people, they have quite successfully adopted the policy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Edited by Yoda on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Wolf_

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 06:48 PM    Msg. 28 of 44       
I will at least give this game a chance. I like to think that 343 can bring something fresh in. And as well some of the old. Halo games have never dissapointed me, and I doubt it will start doing so just because of the change of developers. With that said, I am looking forward to re-discover halo.

And yes. I am in fact a loyal fan.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 10:30 PM    Msg. 29 of 44       
IMO Crysis is a great game and I don't really mind if they blend it in a bit, as long as it still remains Halo like.
Not a fan of how the new BR looks >.>

Dennis

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 12:22 AM    Msg. 30 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Just figured I'd point out that there's more gamers that play classic games than you think, Dennis. A lot of people moved from Reach to Anniversary for example.

One could easily argue that it was because it was a re-invention with new graphics.
But I still think that they would be more successful if they created something new rather than alienating their most loyal fans by ruining something old.
Again while I agree with the sentiment, the facts unfortunately have proven otherwise. Revised or re-imagined sequels nearly always do better financially than originals due to lower development costs and the ready made audience.

TM_updates

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 12:32 AM    Msg. 31 of 44       
Indeed the unfortunate reality.
Doesn't mean bungie/343 couldn't stick closer to the original gameplay however. Halo Reach would have sold well either way imo.

Jaz

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 12:42 AM    Msg. 32 of 44       
What would be the point in sticking to the original gameplay though? Modders here would steal all of their ideas, rip all of their models, and bring all of the customers to Halo CE. It would cause a ripping craze.

They should never use gameplay from a game they've allowed modding for.

Plus Halo CE's gameplay isn't all that great. Reach's gameplay's just as good, even if it is too fast paced.

What they should do is have the same pace of gameplay as Halo CE, but have more modern techniques of achieving that pace. A Splinter Cell styled Halo done well wouldn't be too crazy an idea.

I don't mean go totally Splinter Cell of course. Combining the style of both Splinter Cell AND Halo wouldn't be that crazy though.
Edited by Jaz on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

LegionofShadows

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 01:31 AM    Msg. 33 of 44       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Spotted a few things:

It was in the trailer but has not been hinted about any further.

See edit at bottom

Huh? He falls at the same speed, and I don't see a jetpack there.

Look for a blue glow.

Umm, pretty sure there isn't anything on his butt, besides the armor :P

Look really close. The object is reminiscent of an armor ability from Reach.

Edit: IF you see the video at 1:59 There is a video taken of someone playing on a tv screen, and in that video, it looks like the grenade icons are large and actually on the right side. It also looks as though the secondary weapon actually sits in the top left portion of the HUD.
Edited by Bobblehob on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Wolf_

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 06:01 AM    Msg. 34 of 44       
^I think you can pretty much assume armor abilities will be in this game. The mech is a just an aesthetic part of the map.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 06:46 AM    Msg. 35 of 44       
Who says the Mech wont be used in the campaign, you never know.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 5:42 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website