A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »The Halo CE Chronicles »Need help from Dennis

Author Topic: Need help from Dennis (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Advait03

Moving up for a new challenge...

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 02:04 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Fantastic Way of creating Machinima! I'm really inspired. I liked your machinima video very much. I'm new to machinima, Well I've developed 2 episodes(not uploaded them yet), but can you tell me how you make so fantastic machinima? I mean, in 'The Ring of Life: Part 2 of 6', you should the halo ring, how did you do that? And all the character management, plus opening of there mouths while talking, wow! Please can you tell me how you did this all? I promise, I won't copy your stories, I'm not like that. I want to create my own machinima.
And, can yopu give me some tips, if possible?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 08:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advait03
Fantastic Way of creating Machinima!

Thank you I am glad you liked it.
I mean, in 'The Ring of Life: Part 2 of 6', you should the halo ring, how did you do that?
I used the map Pillar of Autumn Space which has an animated ring in it.
And all the character management, plus opening of there mouths while talking, wow! Please can you tell me how you did this all?
I had two pc's next to each other both running Halo CE so that I could control two characters at a time when I needed but most of the time when you are doing it by yourself then you need to plan out your shots so that you only need to move one character at a time while the other(s) remains still. I also made several variants of the same map with different bipeds in it in different positions so that I could shoot scenes from different angles then edit them together so it looks like more than one character was moving.

In some scenes like the when the troops drive in to the valley I made a server and had several friends control the hogs that had brain dead AI in them. Even though AI do not sync over a network it didn't matter because all I cared about was whet I could see. The action scenes where the marines were fighting I created several AI maps so I could get different views and actions while the AI fought each other.

As for the mouth movement, I mapped a taunt to the flashlight key so that when I pushed the flashlight key the biped would issue a taunt and move it's mouth with the taunt. Since I added all the sound in later I just had to match the prerecorded dialog to the mouth movement which is not as easy as it sounds since I had no control over which taunt or how long it would be so I had to record several clips for each dialog snippet so I could pick the correct one that would match the actual dialog.

It took time and patience to put together.

Advait03

Moving up for a new challenge...

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 05:05 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Looks you are a halo programmer. Good for you!
And, many, many thanks for the map!
Or I was getting jealous of those videos!(sorry)
Well, thank you. If you need my help i machinima, you can tell me, and i'll come if I can(we have limited package Internet, so i'll see how much data is left and then come).

Edit------
And, can you tell me how you do this programming?
Edited by Advait03 on Mar 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun April 30, 2017 6:51 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website