A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HEK Setup doing something weird

Author Topic: HEK Setup doing something weird (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Kajimishima

Posted: Mar 29, 2012 08:13 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I downloaded the Halo Editing Kit setup from this site, and everytime I try to use it, it brings me to a Halo Combat Evolved menu with only two options: Play and Uninstall. What do I do?

This is weird. I don't know why it's doing this. I'm currently redownloading it, but I don't know if that will help. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: When I click Play, a box pops up for a moment, saying "Launching halo editing kit..." then just disappears as if nothing had happened, and does not launch the setup or the kit.
Edited by Kajimishima on Mar 29, 2012 at 08:18 PM

NOBLE_X6

:PCtrolling:

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 02:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
The menu of the HEK is like the all installer of Halo CE or PC, but your error is unknowed. Google it

Kajimishima

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 04:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Googling it brought me here :P

Sprinkle

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 05:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Let me guess, you googled "HEK Setup doing something weird".

You won't get any information with such a vague search, this is not something and this is not weird. If you press play you'll open a tutorial, I suggest you read the whole thing.
Edited by Sprinkle on Mar 30, 2012 at 05:42 PM

Kajimishima

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 01:10 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle

Let me guess, you googled "HEK Setup doing something weird".

You won't get any information with such a vague search, this is not something and this is not weird. If you press play you'll open a tutorial, I suggest you read the whole thing.
Edited by Sprinkle on Mar 30, 2012 at 05:42 PM

*facepalm*

Googling "Halo Editing Kit help" brought me to this forum, yes, among other pages. No other page had any useful information about what was going on. And pressing play did nothing. Did you even read the post?

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
im guessing the setup either thinks you already have the HEK installed in some form or other, (didnt uninstall fully? uninstall incorrectly?) make sure you DO NOT already have HEK installed on your pc in any shape or form, then try again.

This is the very first time I'm downloading anything Halo CE related. HEK has never even been anywhere near this computer, nor (if this actually matters, just being thorough) any of the devices currently plugged into it.

cyboryxmen

--CG artist-- New mission. Refuse this Mission!

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 09:05 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
The halo editing kit is not just one program by itself. The halo editing kit setup will place several files in your halo custom edition directory including 3 programs. Their names are:

tool
Guerilla
Sapien

You can only use tool using the windows cmd(Make sure to place the cmd/command prompt in the halo ce directory before using it! You can find it in the accessories folder)

You can find an official tutorial on the use of HEK here
-Zekilk

Kajimishima

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 12:10 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I know what it is, it just won't install when I click Play. It says "Launching Halo Editing Kit Setup..."And then nothing happens. I haven't been able to find anything about that.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:24 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website