A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo C Multiplayer stat synch project. Where has it gone?

Author Topic: Halo C Multiplayer stat synch project. Where has it gone? (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkAvengerX

I'll just stick to music as mapping is not for me.

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 03:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 24       
A while ago, I was asked to test a modded Halo CE that was supposed to be able to synch with identical versions and record advanced stats while battling. At the point it was before I wasn't a tester anymore, they got the mod to start, but were in the process of if writing scripts and doing soft mods for the UI and the "event catcher". I don't quite remember the name if the person doing the project, but I know he also tried to get AI synching in multiplayer.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 02:43 AM    Msg. 2 of 24       
the only person who's gotten AI to sync remotely well in halo as far as i know is Kirby_422. Not sure if he's your guy, but its worth a shot to check

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 07:58 AM    Msg. 3 of 24       
No, I think he's referring to somebody who was hoping to trick Halo into believing the game was running locally so that it would load the AI on BOTH computers as if it was the same. Or something like that anyway.

He disappeared a while back though.

Might be referring to somebody else though? Quite a few people tried syncing AI.

Edited by Jaz on Apr 13, 2012 at 08:01 AM

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 10:17 AM    Msg. 4 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

No, I think he's referring to somebody who was hoping to trick Halo into believing the game was running locally so that it would load the AI on BOTH computers as if it was the same. Or something like that anyway.
Nothing of the sort.

People are focusing on the AI sync piece too much. His main point was the stat record. I know who you're talking about and I believe he is still active on either Modacity or Halomods but I haven't checked in a bit.

On a side note, I was about to correct "synch" with "sync" until I thought about the word it is short for which is "synchronize". Touche.

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 04:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 24       
@The Cereal Killer Spot on, but can you pm me his name? Now I have my own system, i can beta test once again.

@Jaz Something like that but for what I am talking about, it would make halo think the entire game think it was local not just a specific artifacts on the map. It would basically allow a modded devmode to run allowing his to code the "event catcher" and play in online.

@Everyone, From everything I heard while I was a part of the project, it was closed, but that may have changed sense 7 months ago... assuming that it hasn't died.

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 04:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 24       
It is actually our very own Sean Aero, who posts here regularly. That's what I thought at first but I doubted myself; after checking the topic I had remembered, I confirmed it.

http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/238-wip-halorank/
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Apr 13, 2012 at 04:17 PM

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 11:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 24       
Epic, this is it, but now it seems it completely outgrow me :(. I might have to try and contact him about getting filled and and rejoining the project. BTW do you like what the site looks like? Very nice I can't wait for more things to come about.

And oh my it is been slightly longer than I thought. You think he'd even remember me?

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 12:44 AM    Msg. 8 of 24       
Did you leave a good impression?

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 01:18 AM    Msg. 9 of 24       
I believe so :)

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 09:30 AM    Msg. 10 of 24       
I never knew Sean was working on syncing AI. I remember the other guy with the Ripcord project but he hasn't been seen here since people flamed him about.

Sean Aero

HaloRank.com

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 09:43 AM    Msg. 11 of 24       
I've seen this topic a few times, but the description given in the first post doesn't seem to match that of HaloRank. Also with "bumping" the HaloRank topic ( http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37749) here on halomaps not so long ago, I would imagined that this question was on a different project.

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 12:31 PM    Msg. 12 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
I've seen this topic a few times, but the description given in the first post doesn't seem to match that of HaloRank. Also with "bumping" the HaloRank topic ( http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37749) here on halomaps not so long ago, I would imagined that this question was on a different project.

There were two method attempted when doing it, one was an integrated modification to halo which was found to be impossible, second was the use of a server application. During the test phase, (that I was a part of) It started and worked but the issues was the accurate tallying because I was using a pirated version of Halo. Which was accurate to the post. I did not, however notice that thread. Remember though, you wanted it do do a lot of things, but you wanted this system to be finished and in full working order.

I believe it was of your project, because images of the project on halomods (posted by The Cereal Killer) are extremely familiar. And especially remember that you wanted to sell legit keys of halo.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 04:51 PM    Msg. 13 of 24       
First of all... What is "Halo C"? Assuming it is Halo Custom Edition then the man you are looking for is no more that I know of. At least the project I knew about.

Also it has been proven time out of mind that AI sync/synch is impossible over the internet. Must I go back through and gather all the pertinent data?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 05:46 PM    Msg. 14 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Also it has been proven time out of mind that AI sync/synch is impossible over the internet. Must I go back through and gather all the pertinent data?

AI Syncing example. *shrug* (Yes, too many people ignored me, so I decided to make a video of it for youtube. Problem? Would of made the video with a giant swarm, but it proves more having only 1 just because you can't claim that I'm seeing a different AI in that location after it walked through the swarm, etc)

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 09:46 PM    Msg. 15 of 24       
i like more the adolif method is faster and less buggy the only bad things is that lifts dont sync but in Guilty spark test map it was pretty good Coop map for a game with ai sync i hope he continues with it or i'll release the version he gave me to see if someone works on coop for ce or just stupid ai maps syncing ... lol
ofcourse i would ask his permision first , i dont want to piss someone off specially him

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 02:32 AM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
i like more the adolif method is faster and less buggy the only bad things is that lifts dont sync but in Guilty spark test map it was pretty good Coop map for a game with ai sync i hope he continues with it or i'll release the version he gave me to see if someone works on coop for ce or just stupid ai maps syncing ... lol
ofcourse i would ask his permision first , i dont want to piss someone off specially him

I thought there was a fix for the lifts :O

olly12345

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 03:22 AM    Msg. 17 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

AI Syncing example. *shrug* (Yes, too many people ignored me, so I decided to make a video of it for youtube. Problem? Would of made the video with a giant swarm, but it proves more having only 1 just because you can't claim that I'm seeing a different AI in that location after it walked through the swarm, etc)

Very cool, buggy, but cool.

Ubergoober

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 10:43 AM    Msg. 18 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

what a clever fella this kirby character is

LMT Heretic

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 08:25 PM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: Darkavengerx

I thought there was a fix for the lifts :O

Not that i know off, as he haven't spoken to me since last month or upload news of netmerk on his youtube acount so i think, he gave up one of the chances to get ce a relatively decent coop or he get bored
either way im going to ask him to Release the latest version to see what the comunity can do as he did a single player into multiplayer to work

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 09:34 PM    Msg. 20 of 24       
Dennis, please explain to these people again why it can't work within the game.
(By the way I didn't watch your video yet kirby. I can't at the moment without stupid plugins)

LMT Heretic

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 09:36 PM    Msg. 21 of 24       
well the adolif method is a program that sincs The animations and with kirbys method we could make the projectiles to sinc so its possible just too hard to do it full syncing

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 09:49 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
I don't suppose syncing AI would be able to be fixed in a patch? Like another update by Microsoft. Maybe a CE V2.0...

LMT Heretic

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 09:53 PM    Msg. 23 of 24       
maybe but im reluctant to believe that they would do any new patch for pc after 3 years of no new patch's and with more halos for 360 people is buying them and leaving behind ce so for them it wouldn't be useful, so its more likely adolif and kirby to fix it than receiving MS help
though it would be nice to have some support for ce from them

DarkAvengerX

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 04:21 AM    Msg. 24 of 24       
maybe but im reluctant to believe that they would do any new patch for pc after 3 years of no new patch's and with more halos for 360 people is buying them and leaving behind ce so for them it wouldn't be useful, so its more likely adolif and kirby to fix it than receiving MS help
though it would be nice to have some support for ce from them

Wasn't there someone at one time on this forum who was an actual dev for halo/halo ce? He can shine some light on the subject of whether or not a custom signed patch can be made to add such support.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 5:45 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website