A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Which Halo *As of 12 Apr 2012 had the most emotion in it?

Author Topic: Which Halo *As of 12 Apr 2012 had the most emotion in it? (30 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sciophobiaranger

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 30       
As of emotion i mean like it added a sad feeling, and it was more affecting how the player feels and stuff.

I vote Halo 2.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Apr 12, 2012 at 05:30 PM

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 30       
Also Halo 2, mostly the bit where the Covenant first invaded Earth. Sad times !!

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Also Halo 2, mostly the bit where the Covenant first invaded Earth. Sad times !!

I don't know why but i always thought the levels that taken place on High Charity were the most emotional, well that's me.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 30       
Oh yeah, the part where the Flood start taking over was very well done. The music also adds alot to the emotion and atmosphere.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Oh yeah, the part where the Flood start taking over was very well done. The music also adds alot to the emotion and atmosphere.

Indeed, and the level when the Arbiter lands and finds the Plasma Rifle with the Elite's blood on it; Best soundtrack in the whole gaming series... That's for sure. Oh and another reason i say the High Charity level(s) is because when the brutes start killing everything, especially the grunts it made me feel a pinch of nerd sympathy. But the Arbiter level after the High Charity's was also really emotional.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Apr 12, 2012 at 05:37 PM

shadowslayer123

Not the american average

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:32 PM    Msg. 6 of 30       
halo 3 is definenty my pick. when the flood hit earth, and johnsons death, not to mention when i saw the ending for the first time, i really thought cheif was dead

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 05:44 PM    Msg. 7 of 30       
Halo 3 is my definite choice. The emotion in just everything... Johnson's death, Miranda's death, the last cutscene didn't really affect me... except just randomly standing up during that ceremony and saying "Thank you Bungie."

Apart from that, Halo 2.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 06:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 30       
halo 3 was good but I feel halo 2 was a bit more emotional, but I'm pretty sure halo 2 was longer and had more cutscenes

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 07:51 PM    Msg. 9 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
halo 3 was good but I feel halo 2 was a bit more emotional, but I'm pretty sure halo 2 was longer and had more cutscenes

It had a more emotional soundtrack too.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 07:55 PM    Msg. 10 of 30       
Never played Halo 3 or above, but Halo 2 definitely had a great soundtrack. First time I ever felt raw to a video game's soundtrack.

Darfnader

Guess who's back.

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 08:56 PM    Msg. 11 of 30       
Halo 2, Reach definitely tried to be the most emotional, but Halo 2 was.
Edited by Darfnader on Apr 12, 2012 at 08:56 PM

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 09:07 PM    Msg. 12 of 30       
now that I think about it, halo 3 odst is definitely worth a mention too, especially if you listen to the audio logs throughout a playthrough.

I remember the first time I played it I felt a huge emotional connection with the city, and the events expressed through the audio logs aswell as the actually gameplay, and how they both tied together.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 09:07 PM    Msg. 13 of 30       
Halo 2.

olly12345

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 09:11 PM    Msg. 14 of 30       
Halo 2, but you could hand pick elements of Halo 3 that were more emotional, finding Cortana again after spending a 90% of the game away from her.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 10:31 AM    Msg. 15 of 30       
Halo 3 ODST had the most emotion for me, mainly in the environments and music. Such a spectacular game in those two aspects. Halo 3 comes closely after that though, mainly because it retained the most (space opera). Halo Reach is an honorable mention for the last level alone (Lone Wolf).

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 07:19 PM    Msg. 16 of 30       
ODST. the time as the rookie where you thought all your pals were dead. the rain, the jazz, the sadness.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 08:16 PM    Msg. 17 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
h2 was the only one that made me nearly cry. at the time the game was first released, the music stirred me so much. i think the story made the hugest impact with me, the themes of betrayal, loss, and even hope are so evident in the game.

fufuuuuuuuuu prophets! >:{ lying just to keep themselves safe... exiling the elites was such a stupid move :[ but apparently in halo 4 they are back with the covenant, thanks for ruining what bungie built up over 2 games 343...

sooooo much backstory bro.

Lol you playdrarised my thoughts XD. (was a joke).
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Apr 13, 2012 at 08:16 PM

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 03:53 PM    Msg. 18 of 30       
I hate to admit it, btu none of them.
As much as the moments were sad, the writing was ._. and it just didn't invoke any emotion. Didn't feel sad at all, how ever hard I tryed.
Halo's writers should take a lesson from Mass Effect's and Gears of War's writers.
Then again, when DOES an FPS have an amazing story line?

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 02:48 AM    Msg. 19 of 30       
troll alert
w/c halo u say? i'd say the halomaps forum, oh the emotions/drama in the past years.

srsly tho, for me its H3 ODST, never played H3 but the walkthroughs and cutscenes i've watched from ODST where uhhh.. something.

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 03:22 AM    Msg. 20 of 30       
In my opinion,
Halo 1: not really.. just a little bit on the ending
Halo 2: Definitely worth mentioning. As everyone else has said, the invasion of Earth and ESPECIALLY Arbiter's conflict with the brutes later in the end came in really strong.
Halo 3: Also worth recognition. Halo's third core character, Sgt.Johnson finally dies as well as Captain Keyes. The ending with Cortana and 343 Guilty Spark really tied up the loose ends and it ended really well in addition to the emotional feelings
Halo 3 ODST: Another one worth a bit of recognition. Yes, it does tell the story from more of a "human" perspective rather than the main storyline and it definitely gives a good background image of the Invasion of Earth and what happens in New Mombasa while the Chief is at Delta Halo. Great emotional game as well as the suspense.
Halo Reach: As the storyline already shows, this game has been a great emotional game while this time, connecting more with the "forgotten" spartans on Reach. Like ODST, this is more of a background filler and effectively shows the heroism and loyalty spartans had on Reach.
Halo Wars: Like ODST, this brings in more of a perspective from the UNSC Army than the actual story. Another background filler as it shows the heroism of Hard-headed marines, well co-ordinated officers and the bonds of friendship between the characters. In the end, it also portrays the heroism of certain characters that brings up the phrase "We have too many dead heroes in this war"

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 03:46 PM    Msg. 21 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
In my opinion,
Halo 2: Definitely worth mentioning. As everyone else has said, the invasion of Earth and ESPECIALLY Arbiter's conflict with the brutes later in the end came in really strong.
Halo 3: Also worth recognition. Halo's third core character, Sgt.Johnson finally dies as well as Captain Keyes. The ending with Cortana and 343 Guilty Spark really tied up the loose ends and it ended really well in addition to the emotional feelings
Halo 3 ODST: Another one worth a bit of recognition. Yes, it does tell the story from more of a "human" perspective rather than the main storyline and it definitely gives a good background image of the Invasion of Earth and what happens in New Mombasa while the Chief is at Delta Halo. Great emotional game as well as the suspense.
Halo Reach: As the storyline already shows, this game has been a great emotional game while this time, connecting more with the "forgotten" spartans on Reach. Like ODST, this is more of a background filler and effectively shows the heroism and loyalty spartans had on Reach.
Halo Wars: Like ODST, this brings in more of a perspective from the UNSC Army than the actual story. Another background filler as it shows the heroism of Hard-headed marines, well co-ordinated officers and the bonds of friendship between the characters. In the end, it also portrays the heroism of certain characters that brings up the phrase "We have too many dead heroes in this war"

Saying something is worth mentioning implies there are others that aren't, whereas here the only one you say has no story is the game this site is centered around.

Uh, not necessarily, he could be saying it to emphasize that one deserves the spotlight more than others in his opinion. And this is about emotion, not story.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 09:09 PM    Msg. 22 of 30       
No, look closely. He says all of them warrant recognition or mention, and doesn't really say which particular one he places above the rest.

Where?

Skyancez3o4

I miss CE

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 01:58 AM    Msg. 23 of 30       
True that I say all of them are worth mentioning and some recognition.. but just to simplify that post, I'm just gonna stick with Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 11:19 AM    Msg. 24 of 30       
ODST. Unlike all of the other games, which focused on events and action to drive the plot forward, ODST was very much a character-driven story.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 02:26 PM    Msg. 25 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
No, look closely. He says all of them warrant recognition or mention, and doesn't really say which particular one he places above the rest.

Where?

...in the post?

Perhaps I was not clear in what I wanted you to point out. Where in his quotation does he state Halo 1 has no story? He states it has a little emotion compared to the others, but I don't see anything else. Explain your deduction.
Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
In my opinion,

Here the only one you say has no story is the game this site is centered around.

Explain the bold.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Apr 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 07:38 PM    Msg. 26 of 30       
Halo 1 to me did have some nice pinches, mostly because you are stranded. The fact your forces and supplies are limited and the odds are totally agaisn't you were good. The mystery, fighting with fewer and fewer marines...

Then, Halo 2 had alot of potential but they ran out of time. Story telling wasn't up to par and it was missing CIVILIANS in the cities.

Halo 3, was a return to the roots. Finishing up many story arcs and everything, that was just great. I recently replayed through the whole campaign and that was awesome. It did have it's flaws, however. The graphics went down by a bunch between the ''Halo 3 announcement trailer'' and the actual in game cinematic. This disapointed me a bit.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 05:07 AM    Msg. 27 of 30       
My first time through odst, it was midnight and I felt really involved in the story. The rookies missions do a great job of feeling alone, with the romantic-dinner music and all.
I also thought reach (my first time through) did a job with the deaths of noble especially kats death, cut off mid sentence by a needle to the brain. Epic.
Halo 1 also had some freaky moments like fighting the flood for the first time and finding a floodified Keyes in the truth and reconciliation. It had a "the s@@@'s really hit the fan this time kids feel too it. Realising that you were the last soldier on the ring also added to the experience. Jeez, typing on iPod sucks.

ESG SLAYER

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 04:05 PM    Msg. 28 of 30       
ODST.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 03:00 AM    Msg. 29 of 30       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
ODST. the time as the rookie where you thought all your pals were dead. the rain, the jazz, the sadness.

Yeah same here. It wasn't so much as the thought of possibly being the last Human in the streets of Mombasa, but the jazz which made it so depressing when you're running around as the Rookie.

Lethal Threat

THRT 4 PRESIDENT

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 05:13 PM    Msg. 30 of 30       
In my opinion, I think Halo 3 had the most emotion.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:05 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website