A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Extinction Revamp Team

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Extinction Revamp Team (120 messages, Page 2 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 03:11 PM    Msg. 36 of 120       
Sure do: xpfe5zrm

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 06:30 PM    Msg. 37 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
Sure do: xpfe5zrm

I think you're a great addition to the team, nick. We really got some good planning done today.

DudeItsMelvin

I can fly my way out of anything.

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 07:21 PM    Msg. 38 of 120       
I really believe you guys can do this, but please, don't use Opensauce. I think that different grenades would be nice too (smoke, frags, plasmas, and bubble shields) [If possible, of course]. Then instead of eliminating jets, why not keep two of them and add two human vehicles? A better pelican would be in order. More human ground vehicles. Gauss hogs, Trans hogs, upgraded machine gun hogs, and a fast motorcycle thingy from chronopolis and mystic. Weapon balance, I think you guys know what to do with that, more variety please. Please add a pistol somewhere. And covenant weapons, power them up so that people actually want to be on the team. Get rid of some redundant parts of the map or add to them. I don't know, I'm sure I suggested some things a month or so ago.

edit: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40470

Here is my thread on things that would make extinction 2.0 better.
Edited by DudeItsMelvin on Apr 22, 2012 at 07:24 PM

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 07:39 PM    Msg. 39 of 120       
1. We're planning on having an opensauce and a non-opensauce version.

2. Different grenades....a maybe on that.

3. We're going to eliminate jets for two reasons:

• Once they lock a missile on you...well, say your prayers. Homing missiles are too cheap

• They also don't flow with any of the other vehicles. They're.....out of place.

Don't worry, we plan to replace jets with something suitable

4. Ground Vehicles are definitely something we will be working on

5. Weapons and Vehicles will definitely be balanced. Every Human vehicle and weapon will have a covenant counterpart with their own distinct advantages and disadvantages

6. We will be adding parts to the map, specifically the covenant ship to make it a more equal base to the human ship, more or less. We plan to add a bridge modeled after the Shadow of Intent's bridge in Halo 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZBcWzpkKg) as well as a hangar to compete with the hangar that the human base has.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 22, 2012 at 07:52 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 08:53 PM    Msg. 40 of 120       
You guys should have destructible vehicles. For example, when you shoot a pelican and kill the driver, it just falls to the ground, so instead, you have it blow up.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 09:56 PM    Msg. 41 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
You guys should have destructible vehicles. For example, when you shoot a pelican and kill the driver, it just falls to the ground, so instead, you have it blow up.

We probably won't have this for all vehicles but we're considering having the longsword and it's covenant equivalent, the Krakken, fragment into three pieces after taking enough damage like in Hugeass.

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 10:06 PM    Msg. 42 of 120       
Dont use OS. most of the player base probably doesn't have it.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 10:19 PM    Msg. 43 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: TauSigmaNova
Dont use OS. most of the player base probably doesn't have it.

We're working on a non-OS version first, then, FMT masterchief will make an opensauce version. There will be TWO version, one opensauce and one non-opensauce
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

TauSigmaNova

If love is blind, I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 11:15 PM    Msg. 44 of 120       
Like I said during our encounter on that Extinction server, make sure to fix the Phantom BSPs

Nickster5000

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 01:10 AM    Msg. 45 of 120       
We're probably going to re-model extinction from scratch; so we can get excellent terrain results.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 04:29 AM    Msg. 46 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: JimDaRulah

Excellent idea. I like. That way, people that have OS can play on the Opensauce only servers, BUT if there is nobody on them, they can go to the non-OS servers. Good job!

I would consider havign the usual frag and plasma, BUT! I would also like to see a flare in there. Why? They could be rare, and a last ditch chance so that people will not see your exact position for a bombing run. Same for the smoke grenade, except have it really thick.

• Once they lock a missile on you...well, say your prayers. Homing missiles are too cheap

• They also don't flow with any of the other vehicles. They're.....out of place.

Here, a hornet or Sparrowhawk would be really good. The hornet can have it's machine guns more powerful so it can stand up to the likes of the seraph. Faster missiles would be in order. For the Sparrowhawk, GET RID OF THOSE AUTOCANNONS! I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW ANGRY I AM WITH THEM! Replace them with something like a warthog turret, except more powerful again. For the secondary, maybe have a missile that has the damage radius of a scorpion cannon, except it's a bi tch to reload. Fix the physics too.

For the humans, this is pretty much perfect as it is. Get rid of the useless hog though. Y'know, without the turrets. And no passenger hog. Also find some way the Mythos can be more useful than just spamming cannons. Otherwise... eliminate. A good anti-air weapon would be the Gauss cannon found on Rp Gamma Marine. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5514 Make the projectiles very fast, and able to take down a scarab quick. Only put one though. On top of teh ship.

The covenant vehicles definitely need a makeover. Get rid of that brute ghost. Nerf the scarab- make it have better physics, a better secondary weapon, and nerf the main cannon a bit, will ya honey? Maybe somethign like the Halo 3 scarab's secondary turret. Spectre: Faster Firing, at least to match the rate of the warthog's turret, more damage. Phantom- Better, please? Better primary weapon(A mortar like the Halo 3/ Reach would be good.) A secondary weapon(automatic fuel rod cannon with a reload time to match the pelican? Blue and homin would be awesome. Slow, though.) WAY more armor. Add a wraith with a energy projecter that acts has the damage of a scorpion. And make those AA turrets better.

5. Weapons and Vehicles will definitely be balanced. Every Human vehicle and weapon will have a covenant counterpart with their own distinct advantages and disadvantages

6. We will be adding parts to the map, specifically the covenant ship to make it a more equal base to the human ship, more or less. We plan to add a bridge modeled after the Shadow of Intent's bridge in Halo 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZBcWzpkKg) as well as a hangar to compete with the hangar that the human base has.

I like the Shadow Of Intent idea. Additionally, as the covie hangar, may I suggest the launch bay the Shadow of Intent had? That would be a fitting match for the human hangar, and would be almost exactly the same in the rough design. A good opposite.

All in all, keep the general theme of Extinction. The desert, etc. Maybe you should make the Covie ship better- a lot better. A CCS-Class Battlecruiser would be a good alternative. Either that, or a Covenant Capital Ship.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 04:39 AM    Msg. 47 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows

Excellent idea. I like. That way, people that have OS can play on the Opensauce only servers, BUT if there is nobody on them, they can go to the non-OS servers. Good job!

I would consider havign the usual frag and plasma, BUT! I would also like to see a flare in there. Why? They could be rare, and a last ditch chance so that people will not see your exact position for a bombing run. Same for the smoke grenade, except have it really thick.

Here, a hornet or Sparrowhawk would be really good. The hornet can have it's machine guns more powerful so it can stand up to the likes of the seraph. Faster missiles would be in order. For the Sparrowhawk, GET RID OF THOSE AUTOCANNONS! I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW ANGRY I AM WITH THEM! Replace them with something like a warthog turret, except more powerful again. For the secondary, maybe have a missile that has the damage radius of a scorpion cannon, except it's a bi tch to reload. Fix the physics too.

For the humans, this is pretty much perfect as it is. Get rid of the useless hog though. Y'know, without the turrets. And no passenger hog. Also find some way the Mythos can be more useful than just spamming cannons. Otherwise... eliminate. A good anti-air weapon would be the Gauss cannon found on Rp Gamma Marine. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5514 Make the projectiles very fast, and able to take down a scarab quick. Only put one though. On top of teh ship.

The covenant vehicles definitely need a makeover. Get rid of that brute ghost. Nerf the scarab- make it have better physics, a better secondary weapon, and nerf the main cannon a bit, will ya honey? Maybe somethign like the Halo 3 scarab's secondary turret. Spectre: Faster Firing, at least to match the rate of the warthog's turret, more damage. Phantom- Better, please? Better primary weapon(A mortar like the Halo 3/ Reach would be good.) A secondary weapon(automatic fuel rod cannon with a reload time to match the pelican? Blue and homin would be awesome. Slow, though.) WAY more armor. Add a wraith with a energy projecter that acts has the damage of a scorpion. And make those AA turrets better.

I like the Shadow Of Intent idea. Additionally, as the covie hangar, may I suggest the launch bay the Shadow of Intent had? That would be a fitting match for the human hangar, and would be almost exactly the same in the rough design. A good opposite.

All in all, keep the general theme of Extinction. The desert, etc. Maybe you should make the Covie ship better- a lot better. A CCS-Class Battlecruiser would be a good alternative. Either that, or a Covenant Capital Ship.

I Like these ideas, do you know where we could get an extensive look at the launch bay of the Shadow of Intent? I can't seem to find any pic that gives a good look.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 23, 2012 at 04:40 AM

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 04:56 AM    Msg. 48 of 120       
Try watching the Halo 3 cutscenes. There, you can hopefully get a good enough idea of what it is. I'll have a look.

Quote: Rather than possessing multiple smaller hangar bays, like smaller cruisers, Assault Carriers use a single, gargantuan hangar bay for storage of fighters, dropships, boarding craft and small capital ships, at least 500 meters long, 320 meters wide and 120 meters high.

You should down scale the Assault carrier a bit, maybe...

[Annoying as hell accent]OH YA, YA SHOULD TOOOOOOTALLY PUT IN A SUPERCARRIER! AAAAHHHHAAA! http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/CSO-class_supercarrier[/Annoying as hell accent]

This message was edited by LegionOfShadows 111111 times.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 10:25 AM    Msg. 49 of 120       
If you guys want, I might be willing to make a new bsp for you. I've got a few ideas for one. PM me if you're interested.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 07:44 PM    Msg. 50 of 120       
Lol

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 11:59 PM    Msg. 51 of 120       
To all: Please refer to the thread; Extinction on steroids

Nickster5000

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 01:25 AM    Msg. 52 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: tylerp14
To all: Please refer to the thread; Extinction on steroids

This has to do what with this thread?

That thread is classified as a new map variant, but described as "extinction on steroids" (thats what I picked up from that thread)

This thread is classified as an extinction remake.

Get yo facts straight before posting brah. (if you're trying to tell us we're taking this idea)
Edited by ODST_Nick on Apr 24, 2012 at 01:29 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 05:17 AM    Msg. 53 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
FMT masterchief will make an opensauce version

oh god

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2292/masseffect3alternateend.jpg

Precisely what my face looked like..

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:42 AM    Msg. 54 of 120       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hQr3qBOHWc

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 05:36 PM    Msg. 55 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu

lol, don't worry, the opensauce version WILL look amazing.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:00 PM    Msg. 56 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
I sorta skimmed this, so someone correct me if I'm wrong ~

I'm in, and would like to do the BSP. Regardless of letting me in or not, I think you should form a set plan before diving into selecting tags. First the basics, then move on to the fun stuff?

We've actually been talking about the weapons and vehicles a lot, and we're trying to make sure everything has a specific role and purpose. Although this part will probably be mostly trial and error.

Edit: Aha, you ninja'd an edit in there. I'd respond to them, but the quote button is being less than cooperative, and I'm kinda hungry at the moment, so I'll be sure to get back to your points later.
Edited by Echo77 on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:08 PM

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:14 PM    Msg. 57 of 120       
I'm kinda doin the bsp :\

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:34 PM    Msg. 58 of 120       
I'm kinda doin the bsp :\

I told you MAYBE, you never sent me a sketch or anything. If what you plan to do changes this map too much, we wont be taking that course of action. We want this map to stay VERY close to the stock bsp, if not just editing the stock bsp itself.

Aw, shucks. I had so many ideas for that. Hmm, I'll go work on a Coldsnap concept, though if this becomes a mapping team (which it looks to be heading in that direction) I'm totally making the bland filler maps between releases. I CALL IT!

e: Actually 1337, if you haven't started yet I can make a rough drawing of what I was thinking. This would also serve the purpose of filling a requirement for the prestigious Caboose to join.
Edited by Tiel on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:20 PM

Tiel, are you part of the team? You never clarified that to me. If you're in can I have your xfire? Me and the rest of the guys have already started discussion.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:37 PM

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:41 PM    Msg. 59 of 120       
Can you elaborate what you mean by staying very close?

...what?

EDIT: Oh, my reply to 1337, he wants to do the map but I haven't even got a sketch of what he plans to do, by very close I mean the map's modelling should stay close to that of the original extinction, or else it wouldn't be extinction anymore.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:43 PM

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:47 PM    Msg. 60 of 120       
I guess that could work. What part of the map would you like to work on? If you want to know what's already taken it's listed on OP.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:50 PM    Msg. 61 of 120       

:/
I'm still a bit doubtful.. Well we'll see how FMT_Masterchief handles it. We'll see.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:52 PM    Msg. 62 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

I'm still a bit doubtful.. Well we'll see how FMT_Masterchief handles it. We'll see.

ODST Nick is going to look over his work afterwards anyway and add to or adjust the shaders as he sees fit.

I'd like to do Scenery/UNSC base, and 1337 willing, some help with BSP conceptualization. And as already said, if this does become a mapping team I'll try to make some SP maps or some very basic MP ones. 'Auxiliary Mapping' would be the term for that, I think.

We wont be actually altering the modelling of what already comprises the UNSC base, but if you would like to model some new rooms for the ship that would be something we'd be interested in.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:55 PM

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 06:59 PM    Msg. 63 of 120       
Tiel, I actually just had an idea, how good are you at modelling covenant archetechture? We need a hangar for the covenant assault carrier. Nick's handling the covenant stuff but he's already working on the bridge, and the covenant base is what needs the most work.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 24, 2012 at 07:00 PM

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 07:06 PM    Msg. 64 of 120       
Well nick is busy with the bridge, and that won't be completed for some time, so do you want to give it a shot?

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 07:13 PM    Msg. 65 of 120       
Alright then, go for it. Lets see what you can do.

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 07:31 PM    Msg. 66 of 120       
I'll send the sketches today. Right now, I'm making the Halo Reach pelican, and maybe, if If it's finished in time, I'll be willing to donate it to your map.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 08:47 PM    Msg. 67 of 120       
I'll send the sketches today. Right now, I'm making the Halo Reach pelican, and maybe, if If it's finished in time, I'll be willing to donate it to your map.

Sounds good.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 09:29 PM    Msg. 68 of 120       
Oh, okay. I also have some ideas :D

• Longswords have Jet physics and heavy machine guns, however there are only three or four
    No hover would make it harder for the craft to idle over spawn points and hose the hapless troops below. But considering the size of the LS, forcing it to move forward continuously could make maneuvering a hassle. Primary missiles may very well be replaced by a pair of .50 caliber guns.
  • Banshees would get a buff and take down LS's using swarm tactics, there would be 8
    Banshees will become the Covenant jet equivalent. We've briefly discussed the notion of somehow applying a tailgun to the Longsword, which would provide it a moderate defense against such tactics.
  • Hornets would serve as aerial Warthogs (instead of the scarcely used Pelicans) but vulnerable to Banshees due to slowness (not as slow as Peli, however)
    Hornets will be modified to fill the role previously occupied by the jet, but will retain their passenger seats. They will be moderately slower than the Banshee, exchanging speed for troop capacity.
  • New Covie vehicle - Ghast, as seen in RP Sealab (Essentially a Covie LS) but very slow, and with a Shade attached as a Gunner seat (otherwise controlled by pilot) that fires a Scarab Beam or faster plasma shots.
    We've looked into a vehicle called the "Krakken" as a Covenant Longword equivalent, but I don't believe I've ever heard of the Ghast. I'll need to check into that.
  • Make H3 Scarab using model here? (Current H2 one is pretty...lame.)
    I dunno if we have any animators. So unless stated otherwise, I believe we'll be retaining the H2 Scarab, albeit heavily modified in terms of weaponry.
  • Possibly use SlappythePirate's Biped system to have Covie players be Elites, UNSC Spartans?
    I don't think biped permutations sync over multiplayer. It would assign Spartans and Elites randomly, regardless of team.
  • Remove Herobrine
    o_o
  • Buff Wraiths severely, increase speed to 3/4 of vanilla Ghost, Mortar should launch and hit under 2:30 seconds; slower than Scorpion but splash damage increased to compensate.
    The Wraith is one of those things I'm a bit confused about how to approach. Its main gun will probably be a high-velocity plasma mortar that's unaffected by gravity, or a homing projectile of a similar nature. I'm just not sure how to balance it against the Scorpion while making both unique.
  • Scarab fires volley of three of the above as opposed to Scarab Beam.
    *takes note for consideration*
  • Wrecks of UNSC ships scattered across map to signify lost battle with Covenant AS. Carrier, possibly serve as more spawn points..?
  • Possibly give UNSC side Draco to balance out with aforementioned 'Ghast'?
    Hm.... Dracos would be interesting to see in action in a large-scale vehicle-based map, but I don't know if we'd really have a unique role for them.
  • Possibly give Covies a buffed Creep?
    I've thought about it, but I'm thinking that most troop transport will be done via aerial movements, rather than ground-based ones.
  • Increase usefulness of Phantom....make faster, higher ROF.
    Better armor? Secondary homing fuel rods?

Edited by Tiel on Apr 24, 2012 at 06:04 PM

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 12:04 PM    Msg. 69 of 120       

ODST Nick is going to look over his work afterwards anyway and add to or adjust the shaders as he sees fit.

No offence to Nick who's a brilliant mapper, but you make bad choices in shader teams...

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 01:07 PM    Msg. 70 of 120       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

No offence to Nick who's a brilliant mapper, but you make bad choices in shader teams...

Well, no ones exactly begging me to let them do the shaders. Masterchief and Nick are the only two who have offered.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 25, 2012 at 01:08 PM

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 20, 2020 10:01 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website