A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo CE Remake

Author Topic: Halo CE Remake (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

vampiiro

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 03:49 AM    Msg. 1 of 15       
English:
i think, that the company need to create or remake the maps of halo ce, chillout, ratrace, blood gulch, etc with new textures, ammo, person idk.. we are boring of to play the same maps for 10 years, and if 343 company, can remake a new halo, why not halomaps can remake a new haloce with new maps but same gameplay. is time for the change, halo ce for new textures, new cyborg and new maps

Spanish:
Creo que en halomaps.org deverian o deveriamos ponernos a recrear un nuevo halo ce, mejorar las armas, el mapa, los veiculos, todo hasta el personaje, e visto muy buenos mapas en halo ce, que tienen buenas texturas, si halomaps.org se propuciera a recrear haloce con los mapas originales pero con nuevas texturas seria fantastico, ya que es aburrido tras 10 aņos jugar haloce, con los mismos y aburridos graficos, o diseņo de mapas. yo pongo mi aportacion para que si a alguien le interesa pudiera ayudarnos a recrear un nuevo halo ce.... si saben a lo que me refiero, asi como la compaņia 343 recreo el halo por su aniversario, halomaps deveria recrear halo ce...

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 04:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 15       
oh cmon >_>
1st of all, halomaps isnt a company its a community
bored of playing same maps? DL new "CUSTOM" ones!!! >:u
time for change huh? in case you've notice, Halo did change for the past 11 years, but you didnt?

save money, buy an XBOX 360, buy HCE anniversary, voila.
or
"LEARN" to make maps! there's HEK + some tutorials + help from other modders.

vampiiro

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 04:47 AM    Msg. 3 of 15       
wow trolls are always the first to arrive ... first of all I played all the games of halo (1, 2, 3, ODST, reach and 4 remake)
I'm just asking for help to create a new halo ce, which many players are in agreement with this propocicion. because halo ce with the same maps is very boring. What I really ask is to improve the appearance of halo ce

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 06:11 AM    Msg. 4 of 15       
You don't seem to understand. We aren't a company, we're a community. Halomaps may be admined and hosted by a company but only one person from the entire company actually pays any attention to our activity.

Nobody's legally entitled or paid to help you.

However, if you ask nicely instead of calling people trolls, a few people might already be starting on map remakes with OS, I don't know. ;)

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 06:12 AM    Msg. 5 of 15       
sure why not lets make a remake

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 10:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 15       
I would help if someone could help me with a certain Tool/Sapien problem.

Problem:When I compile solo maps(like tutorial),I can't spawn.When I compile multiplayer maps(like beavercreek with mods),it automatically exception's when I try to play.
A solution is greatly needed!

Sergeant 1337

Do you even lift?

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 01:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: vampiiro
wow trolls are always the first to arrive ... first of all I played all the games of halo (1, 2, 3, ODST, reach and 4 remake)
I'm just asking for help to create a new halo ce, which many players are in agreement with this propocicion. because halo ce with the same maps is very boring. What I really ask is to improve the appearance of halo ce

Hey idiot, learn what a troll is first before you call somebody one. And secondly, buy Anniversary, it has what you're looking for. And learn how to spell too. What is the point to remaking a remake? Is Halo Anniversary not good enough for your picky self?

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 05:49 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
you dont need to be tough with him, his a newby and he is right we need more new stuff maps or tags though no one will do this you asked
Edited by LMT Heretic on Apr 22, 2012 at 05:51 PM

DudeItsMelvin

I can fly my way out of anything.

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 07:11 PM    Msg. 9 of 15       
Opensauce is basically useless until there's xfire support and version 1.00 support. What's the point of making new maps when no one is going to DL them and play on them. Most dedi's and hosts play known maps.

vampiiro

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 07:26 PM    Msg. 10 of 15       
This is what I say, if we could create a more modern custom edition halo, the same maps but with improved textures, as well as a recreational CMT mission with new textures, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9TzjhVSYH0 .... would avoid that halo ce die along with his players...

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 06:42 AM    Msg. 11 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
And learn how to spell too.

Problem is, English is not his mother tongue, can't really expect everyone to speak english :\

But yeah, people are making remakes of maps, it'll take a while though

DarkAvengerX

I'll just stick to music as mapping is not for me.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 12:29 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I would help if someone could help me with a certain Tool/Sapien problem.

Problem:When I compile solo maps(like tutorial),I can't spawn.When I compile multiplayer maps(like beavercreek with mods),it automatically exception's when I try to play.
A solution is greatly needed!

Weird :O before you complie delete and recreate your spawn point and see if that fixes it.

JimDaRulah

It's been a while

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 01:16 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: vampiiro
This is what I say, if we could create a more modern custom edition halo, the same maps but with improved textures, as well as a recreational CMT mission with new textures, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9TzjhVSYH0 .... would avoid that halo ce die along with his players...

I don't think you realize that it's next to impossible to recode and update a game without the actual source code. We do not and probably will not ever have access to Halo's source code.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 01:48 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: DudeItsMelvin
Opensauce is basically useless until there's xfire support and version 1.00 support. What's the point of making new maps when no one is going to DL them and play on them. Most dedi's and hosts play known maps.

Xfire is basically useless to me until there's Opensauce support and other mod support.

Don't assume what you think is 'useless' is useless to everyone. I personally couldn't care less if I have to turn off xfire before using OS.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 05:24 AM    Msg. 15 of 15       
There was a thread awhile ago about the same subject. End of story: It's not gonna happen.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:54 AM 718 ms.
A Halo Maps Website