A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Multiplayer beta] Zombies map beta -- need volunteers!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [Multiplayer beta] Zombies map beta -- need volunteers! (56 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

ReconNinja117

Used to be terrible. Probably still am.

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 09:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 56       
Echo-77 and I have been working on a multiplayer map mod for a while now, and it's gotten to the point in our progress where we need actual playtesting to find any ways to further improve it. We need 8 volunteers to help. This map is being worked on with the zombies gametype in mind. This mod was created using the original map, Spooky hollow made by Black Crypt: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6245
Features:
Edited level textures
Automatically unshielded bipeds
A different weapon set, using mostly CMT items with damage optimized for unshielded combat
A simplified HUD (with the grimy overlay as seen in the STKFT flood campaign level)
The area outside the stone wall is accessible (it's a one-way trip inward)
And more.

We need people to help us out! If you'd like to join, comment below and I'll send you the map when I'm ready. Be prepared to join the server at 8 PM Eastern time on Saturday, May 5. If you don't show, we will go without you.

This is a first-come first-serve deal! Only the first 8 people to respond will be allowed access to the beta! If you want in, don't wait!
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Apr 29, 2012 at 08:42 AM
Edited by ReconNinja117 on May 6, 2012 at 04:53 PM

Link

Link here come to town!

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 10:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 56       
I've always wanted the Windfall Island and Hyrule Market maps as Zombie maps when they are 100% completed with the Phasor app built in the hosted server. The Windfall Island my team worked on had a lot of good places for humans to camp from zombies but also has a fair advantage for the zombies as well such as there are many ways the zombies can enter the spots. For example on the Pirate Ship, if humans camp on the crow's nest, a sniper rifle spawns there, but there should be a time limit to where it spawns like every 1 minute and 30 seconds and spawning with normal 8 rounds of ammo. But in order to get to the crow's nest, there are a lot of ways to go from such as climbing up the main ladder to top, climbing up the ship nets on the sides, and even walk up the front rope of the ship or the back rope as well. Other places like top of the light house has many ways to enter it with 1)Where the port should be added from the second level and 2)Climbing up the rotating Ferris Wheel looking Windmill. The Phasor app is also the best app to make zombie gametypes as I've seen many servers hosted with in on Halo full version. I also heard that the Phasor app should work on Halo Custom Edition too.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 02:23 AM    Msg. 3 of 56       
I'm in!

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 07:12 AM    Msg. 4 of 56       
I'll volunteer to test.

ReconNinja117

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 08:41 AM    Msg. 5 of 56       
All volunteers will receive a PM with a Dropbox link to the map when I finish up a couple of things with it.

rocknroll237

Rock 'N' Roll Baby!

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 02:39 PM    Msg. 6 of 56       
I'm in!

Um... I've just realised - 8pm EST is 1am in GMT... I'm afraid I can't stay up that late.
Edited by rocknroll237 on Apr 29, 2012 at 04:15 PM

Morsey

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 03:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 56       
Count me in.

Goldy De Wise

GTA Halo PR guy

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 03:31 PM    Msg. 8 of 56       
I would like to test.

Nickster5000

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 04:18 PM    Msg. 9 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Goldy De Wise
I would like to test.

No.

lol, jk

I would be willing to give it a shot if you want me to.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 05:17 PM    Msg. 10 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Cool, but why are you using that old Flood Campaign HUD?

We wanted something gritty and dirty, and the Flood HUD seemed to fit that rather well. Unfortunately, we were unable to seperate the grime from the tinted shapes, although it doesn't look that bad.

ReconNinja117

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 07:33 PM    Msg. 11 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
omg smoothing groups plox.

Is this a fancy term I'm not aware of?

We have our 8 volunteers, who are as follows:
Dumb AI, Eleverx, Kozakuu, Morsey, Ubergoober (he PMed me instead of commenting), Goldy De Wise, ODST Nick, and Juiceb0xhero. Thank you in advance for participating, all slots are now full.

Echo77

Posted: May 5, 2012 05:30 PM    Msg. 12 of 56       
Be prepared to join the server at 8 PM Eastern time, TODAY. If you don't show, we will go without you.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: May 5, 2012 05:42 PM    Msg. 13 of 56       
Do I join at 5 pm Pacific Time?

ESG SLAYER

Posted: May 5, 2012 06:15 PM    Msg. 14 of 56       
I'm liking the first screenshot.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: May 5, 2012 06:44 PM    Msg. 15 of 56       
Let me in PLEASE!
I feel like helping somebody.
I've got halo ready to fire at 8 =).

PM me map PLZ man, I really want to see this. Looks sexy from the screenshots!

Regards,
Tyson.

Black Crypt

Xfire : blackcrypt

Posted: May 5, 2012 06:45 PM    Msg. 16 of 56       
Uggh, can't you modders 'work' on your own maps? All you seem to have done is take the stuff I made and made it grubby and could you explain just how you are 'designing' it. In what way is your 'design' going to differ from what is already there?
Edited by Black Crypt on May 5, 2012 at 06:51 PM

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: May 5, 2012 06:46 PM    Msg. 17 of 56       
can i join if so when

Echo77

Posted: May 5, 2012 06:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Black Crypt

Uggh, can't you modders 'work' on your own maps? All you seem to have done is take the stuff I made and made it grubby.

You're also basing this off of five Alpha screenshots.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: May 5, 2012 07:06 PM    Msg. 19 of 56       

Uggh, can't you modders 'work' on your own maps? All you seem to have done is take the stuff I made and made it grubby and could you explain just how you are 'designing' it. In what way is your 'design' going to differ from what is already there?

Don't open your mouth if you have nothing productive to say.
Hard work is going into this.
Something you have and wont ever see.
In other words, go somewhere else, and forget this thread. It doesnt include you.
Edited by haloextreme117 on May 5, 2012 at 07:07 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: May 5, 2012 07:46 PM    Msg. 20 of 56       
Ehm,is the server starting at 8 pm Eastern Time(5 pm Pacific Time)? Version 1.09 right?
Edited by Dumb AI on May 5, 2012 at 07:56 PM

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: May 5, 2012 07:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 56       
Yeah it is!

ShawnPeezy

outspoken till my jaw broken

Posted: May 5, 2012 08:10 PM    Msg. 22 of 56       
man , I just made an account at this website becasue I wanted to be apart of this.

atm im downloading halo CE, maybe in about 15 minutes I should be in the server even though Im late.

Is this server gonna be passworded or no?

I just play Halo pc 1.09 and was just browsing through the forums until I saw this thread. :D

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 5, 2012 08:51 PM    Msg. 23 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: ReconNinja117
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
omg smoothing groups plox.

Is this a fancy term I'm not aware of?

We have our 8 volunteers, who are as follows:
Dumb AI, Eleverx, Kozakuu, Morsey, Ubergoober (he PMed me instead of commenting), Goldy De Wise, ODST Nick, and Juiceb0xhero. Thank you in advance for participating, all slots are now full.

Use smoothing groups to smooth out those curved and round features.

ReconNinja117

Posted: May 5, 2012 09:36 PM    Msg. 24 of 56       
Okay, it didn't look like today worked out. The new date and time will Be MAY 12, 8 PM U.S. EASTERN TIME (if you need to convert time zones, just look up a time zone map or time zone converter). Depending on how many more people ask to join before that time, there may be a second server hosted by Echo-77.

Black Crypt

Posted: May 6, 2012 08:44 AM    Msg. 25 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: haloextreme117

In other words, go somewhere else, and forget this thread. It doesnt include you.

I'm sorry, but what does that mean? I'm assuming you didn't check the posters name against the name of the author of the map you are modifying, and that's pretty much all you are doing.

So please, don't use words like 'working on a map' and 'designing' unless that's what you are doing. You are taking someone else's hard work and just tweaking it and messing about with it in sapien. No real content creation.

If you want to make a 'MOD' of any map, then fine, just don't try and make out that you are working hard 'designing' something new.

You guys got xfire? add blackcrypt if you want the original source files from the original author of the content you are trying to modify.
Edited by Black Crypt on May 6, 2012 at 08:54 AM

Echo77

Posted: May 6, 2012 01:27 PM    Msg. 26 of 56       

Quote: --- Original message by: haloextreme117

I'm sorry, but what does that mean? I'm assuming you didn't check the posters name against the name of the author of the map you are modifying, and that's pretty much all you are doing.

So please, don't use words like 'working on a map' and 'designing' unless that's what you are doing. You are taking someone else's hard work and just tweaking it and messing about with it in sapien. No real content creation.

If you want to make a 'MOD' of any map, then fine, just don't try and make out that you are working hard 'designing' something new.

Echo-77 and I have been working on a multiplayer map for a while now, and it's gotten to the point in our progress where we need actual playtesting to find any ways to further improve it. We need 8 volunteers to help. This map, which is being designed with the zombies gametype in mind, is based on Black Crypt's Spooky Hollow: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6245

Opening post. We even linked to the original. If you wanna argue with haloextreme, I'd rather you do it over his private messages, because he doesn't even have anything to do with the project.
Edited by Echo77 on May 6, 2012 at 01:39 PM

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:19 PM    Msg. 27 of 56       
Recon... I told YOU, full on told you not to steal my idea, so you go and do it anyway. Why bro, why?

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:25 PM    Msg. 28 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sceny
Recon... I told YOU, full on told you not to steal my idea, so you go and do it anyway. Why bro, why?

can you not maybe be part of it to get your ideas into the mod maybe?
if it was your idea to do it, then maybe that would be the way forward.

ReconNinja117

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:30 PM    Msg. 29 of 56       

Uh...
A) I have no idea who you are.
B) I don't remember anyone telling me not to do anything.
C) Modding is a first-come, first-serve deal.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:33 PM    Msg. 30 of 56       
The lack of respect for blackcrypt in this thread is disgusting, imo.

HaloExtreme117

~Gone~

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:35 PM    Msg. 31 of 56       
Children, stop fighting.

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:35 PM    Msg. 32 of 56       

Uh...
A) I have no idea who you are.
B) I don't remember anyone telling me not to do anything.
C) Modding is a first-come, first-serve deal.

Dude? You're now denying my existence? I told you all about my plans to make a Zombies map on Sppoky Hollow over Xfire. Also, why did you remove me as friend?

ReconNinja117

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:36 PM    Msg. 33 of 56       
What was your Xfire username? I don't seem to remember you.

Black Crypt

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:36 PM    Msg. 34 of 56       
Yeh, in your original post you state that it's 'based on' which is simply untrue, it's not based on my map, it IS my map which you've ripped textures from and modified and then added some scenery which looks like it's ripped from the graveyard map and then put on a god awful hud which obstructs the players view to the extreme.

Again, don't make out you built something from someone else's idea and claim you all been banging away thru the night to make something cool.

And, why don't you ask recon to stop posting his drivel?

Also, I offered ALL the original source files that went into making the original map, that offer has yet to be acknowledged.
Edited by Black Crypt on May 6, 2012 at 02:41 PM

Sceny

Awesome Faggot!

Posted: May 6, 2012 02:40 PM    Msg. 35 of 56       
What was your Xfire username? I don't seem to remember you.

I was the guy who got you to get xfire last December, i honestly can't believe you don't remember me... Unless you're trolling me :S

Xfire: isceny

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 4:20 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website