A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 waste of money

Author Topic: Halo 4 waste of money (20 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: May 12, 2012 12:28 AM    Msg. 1 of 20       
I just pre ordered it so i want to know was it a waste of money

Bobblehob

Posted: May 12, 2012 01:14 AM    Msg. 2 of 20       
Umm, why don't you wait until they actually release a bunch of information, or maybe wait until E3 then take that info and decide whether it is worth it or not :P

The_Arbiter

I feel like having scotch

Posted: May 12, 2012 01:32 AM    Msg. 3 of 20       
Ok

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: May 12, 2012 04:02 AM    Msg. 4 of 20       
Can't say for certain since it hasn't come out, but knowing that the game is being built on the foundation of all the previous games I can't see how it will let down.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: May 12, 2012 04:10 AM    Msg. 5 of 20       
Except that it's game mechanics appear to be a very far fetch from the games that made Halo what it is today.

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 12, 2012 05:30 AM    Msg. 6 of 20       
What kinda question is that when it isnt even out yet..

ESG SLAYER

Posted: May 12, 2012 12:21 PM    Msg. 7 of 20       
It doesn't need to be out for people to know that the game will be just another dumbed down installment.

-Bloom returning.
-AAs returning.
-Gameplay-affecting armor.

Halo will continue to go down the drain until the gameplay is catered to people who don't suck. It sounds mean, but it's true.

Stick with CE, people. Don't buy into the BS of Halo developers anymore.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: May 12, 2012 01:26 PM    Msg. 8 of 20       
surely a waste of money is buying something that is broken or was paid for by going over the asking price and not planing to sell the item on at a later date for profit.
the levels look great, as for gameplay...sure you won't know until you try it.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 12, 2012 01:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: FMT MasterChief
Why would a guy like you believe in fake crap, Also do you even think Halo 4 would be release this early?

Nothing said here is 'fake'.

And we're talking about a PREORDER. Of course Halo 4 hasn't been released this early!

Who bred this amazing level of intelligence that can act as dumb as you? Bravo! It takes a genius to act so dumb. :)

Edited by Jaz on May 12, 2012 at 01:27 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 12, 2012 01:30 PM    Msg. 10 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: ESG SLAYER
It doesn't need to be out for people to know that the game will be just another dumbed down installment.

-Bloom returning.
-AAs returning.
-Gameplay-affecting armor.

Halo will continue to go down the drain until the gameplay is catered to people who don't suck. It sounds mean, but it's true.

Stick with CE, people. Don't buy into the BS of Halo developers anymore.

It's a new game, things need to change. Bloom is there to make things look realistic, I prefer game where things actually shine...

Armour Abilities are a bit crap, i agree.

And gameplay affecting armour is something ive always wanted tbh, it makes sense, and makes it sorta realistic.

Bobblehob

Posted: May 12, 2012 03:02 PM    Msg. 11 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009

It's a new game, things need to change. Bloom is there to make things look realistic, I prefer game where things actually shine...

Armour Abilities are a bit crap, i agree.

And gameplay affecting armour is something ive always wanted tbh, it makes sense, and makes it sorta realistic.

I think he is referring to reticle bloom, not graphical bloom.

Even so, he really can't judge at this point whether the game will be good or not because none of us has actually played it xP

stinkymermaid0242

Posted: May 13, 2012 01:37 PM    Msg. 12 of 20       
dude its just a game, if you dont like it dont play it. i personally like madafir serys and i play it if i dont like it i simply dont play it be like me be smart and solve the proplem with brain

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: May 16, 2012 01:13 PM    Msg. 13 of 20       
The only people complaining about gameplay with powerups are the people that suck at the game in general. I had no problem with Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, and now I can guarantee Halo 4 will be no different; I liked all of them. As Yakz said earlier, at least wait until the game comes out in a little under half a year before even talking about whether or not you wasted money.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 16, 2012 01:36 PM    Msg. 14 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
The only people complaining about gameplay with powerups are the people that suck at the game in general. I had no problem with Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, and now I can guarantee Halo 4 will be no different; I liked all of them. As Yakz said earlier, at least wait until the game comes out in a little under half a year before even talking about whether or not you wasted money.

"little under half a year".

Which is why I have my doubts. Setting a deadline so early is ridiculous. A deadline shouldn't be set until at least only a month or two before the estimated in-studio deadline. They could end up thinking of a massive addition to the game during half a year and not have time to add it in.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 16, 2012 03:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 20       
The only people complaining about gameplay with powerups are the people that suck at the game in general.
Or people who actually have their own opinion about things? "You don't like it, you must suck at it" has never been a good argument, and never will be.

As far as the topic question goes, you can't really say yet. If more gameplay comes out and you decide you don't like the look of it, cancel your preorder and rent it when it comes out. I for one am probably going to do that; it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Especially since Firefight has been cut, which is the only thing other than Forge that keeps me from selling Reach.

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 16, 2012 03:40 PM    Msg. 16 of 20       
It looks like Halo, if not better graphics wise. The story will be awesome. Personally Firefight NEVER really interested me.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: May 16, 2012 04:24 PM    Msg. 17 of 20       
What kinda question is that when it isnt even out yet..

This.

YakZSmelk

Posted: May 16, 2012 05:09 PM    Msg. 18 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

"little under half a year".

Which is why I have my doubts. Setting a deadline so early is ridiculous. A deadline shouldn't be set until at least only a month or two before the estimated in-studio deadline. They could end up thinking of a massive addition to the game during half a year and not have time to add it in.

What deadline are you talking about? And how is this deadline early?

If you mean the release date and development time, I don't see how two years is early. Microsoft without a doubt began preproduction on Halo 4 before Halo Reach even shipped, when they began developing 343i.

@Newbkilla I am glad to see I'm not the only one here that enjoy's logic. :)

It looks like Halo, if not better graphics wise. The story will be awesome. Personally Firefight NEVER really interested me.

I'm pretty upset about the loss of Firefight, since my girlfriend actually enjoyed playing it with me.
Edited by YakZSmelk on May 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 16, 2012 05:35 PM    Msg. 19 of 20       
I'm sure you could find more fun things to do with your girlfriend...

YakZSmelk

Posted: May 16, 2012 08:20 PM    Msg. 20 of 20       
I'm sure you could find more fun things to do with your girlfriend...

When you live together, you have plenty of time.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 12:16 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website