A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »NetMerk Discontinued: LAst Source Code up for Grabs

Author Topic: NetMerk Discontinued: LAst Source Code up for Grabs (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

adolif2

Karma changes people.

Posted: May 14, 2012 06:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I made it possible. Yet, nobody was willing to give AI syncing a chance, even in the form of an engine extension or trainer. Hence, I lost interest in developing NetMerk.

Here is my last source code. It compiles with Visual Studio 2010 Professional Edition, as long as you manage to add a library search path to the folder containing 39dllVStudio.lib. I give full permission to merge it into other projects. Also note that this is the UDP version of the program, so everybody needs to forward their ports when playing online.

If somebody becomes tempted to continue where I left off, there is something to point out.
Netmerk won't sync ai in just any map, because of two factors:

-It exploits the "lifeless" AI duplicates that are created on the client computers.

-It isn't designed for handling syncing when the computers have different numbers of AI.

This means that the map must somehow determine who the host is, and only spawn the AI on that computer. Since the duplicates are created on the client computers no matter what, the method ensures that all computers have the same number of bipeds. I personally used menu widgets and scripts to get the job done, but you could also try using Opensauce script functions.

Also, AI in vehicles haven't been tested. At all.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lm13v09lgb2kki4
Edited by adolif2 on May 14, 2012 at 06:05 PM

LMT Heretic

There are mysteries, that should remain hidden...

Posted: May 15, 2012 04:24 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
nooooooooooo why, now the last real attempt on making ai is cancelled i doubt that anyone will work on this because no one really believes ai sync can be done awww i was hopping to see coop over internet for Halo ce by 2014
aww well ill guess i'll play cmt spv3 levels as top thing to see in 2013 - 2014
thanks anyway Adolif2 it was nice to see that someone attempted to do the impossible and make it easier and more likely
all i regret is that no one believed or give a chance to this amazing project and attempt to sync ai

LMT Heretic

Posted: May 21, 2012 03:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
like eleverx say some like nick might not believe its possible but most of simple modders like me want to see this happening and the only ones capable of doing it are you and kirby and i doubt that kirby would pick up this project so could you atleast build a last last version that works relatively fine and make tutorial for us to map Coop like you said to me it would please?

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 08:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Innovation starts with a need...Why didn't people take interest in this?
Edited by Caboose 14 on Aug 13, 2012 at 08:17 PM

LMT Heretic

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 08:35 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
well, because people is lazy and like in religious cases they wont believe in something that they have been taught like it has been with the AI, but i can assure to a anywone who see's these. he made it possible to and extent that no one else here will ever do without using what he has done and you all have destroyed that chance, and destroy our chance to play coop, like he and I did a few months ago in Guilty spark

LMT Heretic

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 09:09 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
with that i meant that no one else is going to work on ai syncing beause of the same reason he gave up: no one cared

Kal825B

Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 10:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: NEOLightJak
Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
with that i meant that no one else is going to work on ai syncing beause of the same reason he gave up: no one cared

And people here didn't care because they think that AI will never sync, ever. This is mainly Dennis's fault.

Agreed, one thing i've learned here is that nothing is set in stone with this engine. Well, from looking at all the latest mods.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 3:46 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website