A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Anyone up for making a map? Cause i can't.

Author Topic: Anyone up for making a map? Cause i can't. (33 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

theidiotthatknowsnothing

what is this magnificent ship?

Posted: May 15, 2012 04:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 33       
Yo, I put this thread here for anyone who wants to listen to my idea for a map. I haven't the slightest idea on how to make one myself and was hoping someone could. more details if someone replys.

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: May 15, 2012 05:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 33       
The best thing is to download the programmes and start digging through tutorials to learn to do the map yourself. There are tutorials that will guide you through the whole process of making a simple map for starters and should you encounter any problems, the Halomaps community is here to help. Once you've got some experience, then you can work on making your own maps. 'Ideas' rarely get done by others, it would be best to do it yourself.

You can download the Halo Editting Kit and other programmes from this site and for 3d modelling you can use 3ds Max (costs money) or Gmax (not as good but does the job...and its free).

theidiotthatknowsnothing

what is this magnificent ship?

Posted: May 15, 2012 09:17 AM    Msg. 3 of 33       
so, in other words scrap this thread?

Muscl3r

Posted: May 17, 2012 05:16 AM    Msg. 4 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: theidiotthatknowsnothing
so, in other words scrap this thread?

Not at all. You obviously missed the point, but perhaps it was how I worded it.
Ideas that people come up with for other people rarely get done. The best thing to do is if you have a cool idea, make it yourself and enjoy working on the map. It is very rewarding to complete one. Learning to make maps can be difficult and frustrating at times but the community can answer questions. I apologize if you thought I was implying negative connotations.

So what is your idea?

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: May 17, 2012 02:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 33       
I'm curious too

Sciophobiaranger

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.

Posted: May 18, 2012 01:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 33       
Yo, I put this thread here for anyone who wants to listen to my idea for a map. I haven't the slightest idea on how to make one myself and was hoping someone could. more details if someone replys.

This isn't a store, stop requesting products if you can't take the effort to figure out how to make a map... and/or mod one.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: May 18, 2012 02:12 PM    Msg. 7 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers1
yea sapien will take you at least 2 years because you need to get used to it

I feel sorry for your mental disability, it sounds pretty serious to prevent you from pointing and clicking. Maybe you should ask another doctor for a second opinion, because 2 years? I don't feel your getting the most for your buck in your current treatment. Hope you have better luck with your condition in the future.
and the guy name kornman needs bigg foot up his asss for not fixing sapien properly

1) Why fix what isn't broken?
2) Why should he change it? Where is the job contract where you are paying him to change something?
3) If its such a problem, deal with it yourself. With your thought process, why aren't we forcibly inserting things into your rectum because you haven't done it?
4) When has violence ever solved anything? Someone does something good for the community, and that instantly makes him the target of violence? Kids these days *sigh*

Anyways, if you want to make a map, there is plenty of tutorials around. If you're not an artist, then modeling will be the hardest part for you. There is plenty of rules required in halo modeling, and most people don't like sitting through the correction stages. Start simple, and work your way up. HEK related things would be more simple, guerilla for the most part explains itself (The wording on some things may seem out of place, but they are relevent and clear. Parent's and Children; riding a vehicle, the person would be the child, vehicle as parent. Your gun is child to your character (parent). Stuff like that. When you think it through, it makes sense, but as a new person you might not realize it at first glance.) Sapien is point and click (Requires middle mouse button. If yours is dead or your using a laptop.. well, you need one to move the camera) Tool confuses many people, especially younger generations who didn't live back in the day of dos, when you had to type to control and use everything. If you haven't used dos or other command line things before, you will have a slight bit more trouble, although its just writing tool, command (build-cache-file, structure, etc.. whatever you want it to do) and file paths or options.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 18, 2012 02:23 PM    Msg. 8 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

This isn't a store, stop requesting products if you can't take the effort to figure out how to make a map... and/or mod one.

Shut the hell up, dumbass.

I'm sorry. It had to be said. You lack manners, you lack a decent attitude, and you know less about modding than you think. Got nothing good to add? Shut it.

He was not requesting products, he was asking politely if anybody wished to use his idea. He made no demands and he made no insistence that he wouldn't learn to mod himself eventually. He merely offered his idea with the hope that somebody might like it and use it themselves. ;)

and the guy name kornman needs bigg foot up his asss for not fixing sapien properly
Edited by sshers1 on May 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I apologise. You may have some kind of mental illness, and I mean no offence.
However, Sapien is easy for those with a regular mental capacity to learn to use.
And Kornman is not responsible for Sapien. Gearbox is. Additionally, they hold no legal contract to make Sapien work properly either. Sapien is a gift from Gearbox. Whether it works perfectly or not, it works at all and it's helpful for modders. Be grateful. ;)

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 18, 2012 03:16 PM    Msg. 9 of 33       
Okay:

1. Don't listen to "sshers1" - From what he just said, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
2. These threads ARE pointless, as the majority of the time you only get people who THINK they can make good maps, but are really terrible. Or you get nothing.
3. Your just better of learning yourself, it is not hard at all. Just watch tutorials, the HEK is the most simplest Editing Kit I have seen.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 18, 2012 07:10 PM    Msg. 10 of 33       

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That's a great joke. Hey, you should be a comedian.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Shut the hell up, dumbass.

I'm sorry. It had to be said. You lack manners, you lack a decent attitude, and you know less about modding than you think First, and you don't lack manners? I mean look at what you just said? and is your attitude acceptable in this post? And i don't know how to mod? i created one of the most highly rated maps on halomaps, take a look at the charts "sciophobia" is on there mate, i don't see anything from you? Get over your jealousy/stupidity, it's getting oldGot nothing good to add? Shut it.Yeah, you have manners and i don't?

He was not requesting products, he was asking politely if anybody wished to use his idea. He made no demands and he made no insistence that he wouldn't learn to mod himself eventually. He merely offered his idea with the hope that somebody might like it and use it themselves. ;)

I apologise. You may have some kind of mental illness, and I mean no offence.
However, Sapien is easy for those with a regular mental capacity to learn to use.
And Kornman is not responsible for Sapien. Gearbox is. Additionally, they hold no legal contract to make Sapien work properly either. Sapien is a gift from Gearbox. Whether it works perfectly or not, it works at all and it's helpful for modders. Be grateful. ;)

So, you're pulling the bilateral card eh? Insult someone then say "I apologize"? Seriously dude, you know nothing about what you're talking about, and if sapien is easy why do you have no popular maps on here? And he didn't even say Kornman is responsible for sapien, all he said is that he couldn't fix it... And i'm not a "modder", i'm a "mapper".

Can you be anymore than a hypocrite than you already are? Grow up.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:21 PM

AND in response to you saying i lack skills of "modding":

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=2008

7. Sciophobia (9.3)

Er... care to explain why YOU are not on any of the charts? I see that my map is on all of them, except 09 and 10.

One word: Hypocrite.

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:43 PM

abkarch

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:45 PM    Msg. 12 of 33       
Regardless, i have to agree that assaulting him because he politely asked for someone to make his idea is one of the stupidest things ive seen on this site for a while.

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:47 PM    Msg. 13 of 33       
Tbf, without pointing fingers and choosing sides. The map rating things means F all... a bunch of kids rate the maps... Man, if someone released a box map with loads of weapons + vehicles in it would get a good rating.

No offence like, not played the map.

abkarch

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:48 PM    Msg. 14 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Tbf, without pointing fingers and choosing sides. The map rating things means F all... a bunch of kids rate the maps... Man, if someone released a box map with loads of weapons + vehicles in it would get a good rating.

this, too. some really get stuff gets bad rates and vise versa.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:50 PM    Msg. 15 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch

I got floods of messages on xfire asking for a new Sciophobia so i don't think it meant f-all; Even Higuy said he liked the map and used to play on it...

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:52 PM

abkarch

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:52 PM    Msg. 16 of 33       
i wasnt implying it was a bad map, i was just saying.

Either way, there was no reason to be rude to OP.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:53 PM    Msg. 17 of 33       
i wasnt implying it was a bad map, i was just saying.

Either way, there was no reason to be rude to OP.

I dislike hypocrites, period. HONESTLY, I admit i'm not close to being the best, but what Jaz said was stupid and full of hypocrisy. And my bad for being rude to the requester.

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:54 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 19, 2012 07:30 AM    Msg. 18 of 33       
There was absolutely no hypocrisy within my post. Of course, you've never seen real social relations and so could not understand my post as anything but rude. Perhaps you should try speaking to real people sometime and learn what real manners are rather than your ridiculous perfection?

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 19, 2012 07:52 AM    Msg. 19 of 33       

I got floods of messages on xfire asking for a new Sciophobia so i don't think it meant f-all; Even Higuy said he liked the map and used to play on it...

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:52 PM

Tbh, how old where they? - If young it doesn't really count as kinds don't think about how good a map is in the correct way.

It could be a good map, it could be bad, i dont care - still doesn't mean you act like an ass.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: May 19, 2012 07:58 AM    Msg. 20 of 33       
I personally thought Scio's MP map was pretty decent. It had a decent idea behind it and was executed with a good amount of thought. I never actually played MP on it so can't judge the gameplay completely, but visually it's a pleasing map and it's fun to run around on it.

ally

Aye Ready

Posted: May 19, 2012 08:02 AM    Msg. 21 of 33       
okay so the op asked for a map to be made yet when asked about the idea to see if anyone
might want to make the map there is no reply... so the thread goes way off topic and as normal just turns into a disagreement.

let it die as it doesn't seem like he is going to tell the idea.
so no idea, no map.

simple.

the thread will more than likely end up locked the way it's going anyway.

edit: and aye Sciophobia's map was pretty spot on btw.
Edited by ally on May 19, 2012 at 08:03 AM

Jaz

Posted: May 19, 2012 08:13 AM    Msg. 22 of 33       
Well, I have played Sciophobia's map and it is very good.

However, like anonymous said, it does not give him the right to act like an ass.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: May 19, 2012 12:39 PM    Msg. 23 of 33       
If any of you had any self-control, you wouldn't be arguing with one another on the internet. If someone says something you don't like, why respond to it? If they're anything like you, you know they're going to say something back. And then you'll say something back... It just makes a mess of things.

I think we scared the OP guy away.
Edited by Echo77 on May 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: May 19, 2012 01:36 PM    Msg. 24 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
If someone says something you don't like, why respond to it?

If you had tolerance, you wouldn't be trying to change opinions of others on the internet.

Not exactly true, you may be trying to inform them to change their misinformed opinion, even if you tolerate their belligerent or inappropriate behavior. Tolerance just means you're willing to deal with something, but doesn't mean you ignore it.

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: May 19, 2012 01:47 PM    Msg. 25 of 33       
One does not simply ignore misinformed opinions.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 19, 2012 03:44 PM    Msg. 26 of 33       

Jaz: You're in denial, Jaz; There was hypocrisy, calling someone a dumbass and saying they don't know anything about modding then apologizing is rude, apologizing or not, I'm sure that's quite obvious...stop denying, and yes I do have a social life, that's why I am married first of all, and I'm sure I was around people when I served in the military; Don't talk like you know me, please. And yes, I admit I was being immature, I'm not denying it unlike you are denying your hypocrisy... and I apologize for my rudeness to the 'OP'.

And really, I知 not going to participate any further in this fighting, it needs to stop, so I知 not going to make this any worse by continuing with my immature way of fighting continuously, and yes I admit that responding to posts that I disagree with was immature, and I think I and everyone else need to stop.

And no more hard feelings Jaz, as I got my point through (hopefully).
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 19, 2012 at 04:15 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 20, 2012 07:26 AM    Msg. 27 of 33       

Jaz: You're in denial, Jaz; There was hypocrisy, calling someone a dumbass and saying they don't know anything about modding then apologizing is rude, apologizing or not, I'm sure that's quite obvious...stop denying, and yes I do have a social life, that's why I am married first of all, and I'm sure I was around people when I served in the military; Don't talk like you know me, please. And yes, I admit I was being immature, I'm not denying it unlike you are denying your hypocrisy... and I apologize for my rudeness to the 'OP'.

And really, I知 not going to participate any further in this fighting, it needs to stop, so I知 not going to make this any worse by continuing with my immature way of fighting continuously, and yes I admit that responding to posts that I disagree with was immature, and I think I and everyone else need to stop.

You didn't get your point across at all because I still think you're wrong, but then again, I don't give a monkey's ass about this argument anyway. :P

Muscl3r

Posted: May 21, 2012 12:28 AM    Msg. 28 of 33       
Are you Dennis' son?

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 21, 2012 12:53 AM    Msg. 29 of 33       

You didn't get your point across at all because I still think you're wrong, but then again, I don't give a monkey's ass about this argument anyway. :P

Sigh, you obviously don't get the point of "No more hard feelings">.>.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: May 21, 2012 04:10 AM    Msg. 30 of 33       

Jaz: You're in denial, Jaz; There was hypocrisy, calling someone a dumbass and saying they don't know anything about modding then apologizing is rude. Apologizing or not, I'm sure that's quite obvious. Stop denying the fact you are a hypocrite, and yes I do have a social life; that's why I am married first of all, and I'm sure I was around people when I served in the military. Don't talk like you know me, please. And yes, I admit I was being immature, I'm not denying it unlike you are denying your hypocrisy. I apologize for my rudeness to the 'OP'.

And really, I知 not going to participate any further in this fighting, it needs to stop, so I知 not going to make this any worse by continuing with my immature way of fighting continuously. Yes I admit that responding to posts that I disagree with was immature, and I think I and everyone else need to stop.

FTFY. The perfectionist getting corrected. Tut tut. I have lost the respect I never had.

Even if you are raging for no reason as you have no sense of the real world, I advise you to correct your grammar and punctuation. Respect comes with proper writing, and I am sure that is why you, Mr Hypocrite, are one of the most unpopular individuals on this forums.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 21, 2012 03:16 PM    Msg. 31 of 33       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows

Jaz: You're in denial, Jaz; There was hypocrisy, calling someone a dumbass and saying they don't know anything about modding then apologizing is rude. Apologizing or not, I'm sure that's quite obvious. Stop denying the fact you are a hypocrite, and yes I do have a social life; that's why I am married first of all, and I'm sure I was around people when I served in the military. Don't talk like you know me, please. And yes, I admit I was being immature, I'm not denying it unlike you are denying your hypocrisy. I apologize for my rudeness to the 'OP'.

And really, I知 not going to participate any further in this fighting, it needs to stop, so I知 not going to make this any worse by continuing with my immature way of fighting continuously. Yes I admit that responding to posts that I disagree with was immature, and I think I and everyone else need to stop.

FTFY. The perfectionist getting corrected. Tut tut. I have lost the respect I never had.

Even if you are raging for no reason as you have no sense of the real world, I advise you to correct your grammar and punctuation. Respect comes with proper writing, and I am sure that is why you, Mr Hypocrite, are one of the most unpopular individuals on this forums.

There was nothing wrong with my grammar, it was revised in word and by myself and a friend, you're just too stupid to understand what's right and wrong.

Jaz

Posted: May 21, 2012 03:24 PM    Msg. 32 of 33       

There was nothing wrong with my grammar, it was revised in word and by myself and a friend, you're just too stupid to understand what's right and wrong.

Actually, he just has a different idea of grammar to you. He thought you needed less pauses between sentences and so converted ; to . or , thinking this was more gramatically correct.

Though it would in fact assist in real speaking if you had longer pauses, LoS's corrections are quite correct. Generally, written speech uses . mostly and uses ; only for lists or when referring to a quote or name.

Edited by Jaz on May 21, 2012 at 03:24 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 21, 2012 03:27 PM    Msg. 33 of 33       

Actually, he just has a different idea of grammar to you. He thought you needed less pauses between sentences and so converted ; to . or , thinking this was more gramatically correct.

Though it would in fact assist in real speaking if you had longer pauses, LoS's corrections are quite correct. Generally, written speech uses . mostly and uses ; only for lists or when referring to a quote or name.

Edited by Jaz on May 21, 2012 at 03:24 PM

You got ';' and ':' mixed up, * between closely related independent clauses not conjoined with a coordinating conjunction: "I went to the swimming pool; I was told it was closed for routine maintenance. it connects two related sentences: "The semicolon is most often used to connect two sentences. Obviously, the sentences ought to be relatively close in content, but other than that you can connect any two sentences with a semicolon." - http://lilt.ilstu.edu/golson/punctuation/semicolon.html. He doesn't know what he is talking about, basically. And judging by his regular forum posts, he isn't that big on grammar or spelling for that matter. Using tons of full stops and less other grammar symbols when they can be used can be considered as incorrect by a University English Professor, but heh, why do I care? And whoever said I thought I was a perfectionist? Nice observation there...not, I usually think of myself as not perfect, but sadly enough sometimes my way of proving my point seems to make myself appear as I think that; I think the complete opposite.

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 21, 2012 at 03:49 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:53 PM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website