A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »halo 4 limited edition. mmm yes

Author Topic: halo 4 limited edition. mmm yes (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: May 17, 2012 03:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 28       
well for those who dont know yet

http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-157737-Halo-4-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360

Quote: Limited Edition Contents
War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital content also included:
Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
An exclusive in-game emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.

unleash those 12 year old kids with microphones
Edited by Cheddars on May 17, 2012 at 04:12 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: May 17, 2012 04:11 AM    Msg. 2 of 28       
lol
Im preordering it only to see if its a waste of money
(no offense arbiter lol :P)

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: May 17, 2012 04:43 AM    Msg. 3 of 28       
Site doesn't work for me. Will that be a special order, or just we order it at our nearest game store? Like usual.

Heck, I'm excited.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: May 17, 2012 04:47 AM    Msg. 4 of 28       
oh its like a preorder from eb games (eb games is owned by gamestop so if your country has gamestops than go to their site). Gamestops site doesnt have the limited edition for some reason...

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 17, 2012 08:11 AM    Msg. 5 of 28       
$99.99 in Canada...... No thanks :)

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: May 17, 2012 08:21 AM    Msg. 6 of 28       
Purchasing DLC ahead of time? This is just a CoD Elite copy, terrible development for games.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 17, 2012 12:30 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       
If you notice, it's mostly just a bunch of extra crap for multiplayer, which makes me care even less about this game than I did before.

And to answer that question, you get the maps free as they come out, after the release. Not all at once at launch.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 17, 2012 12:38 PM    Msg. 8 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
If you notice, it's mostly just a bunch of extra crap for multiplayer, which makes me care even less about this game than I did before.

And to answer that question, you get the maps free as they come out, after the release. Not all at once at launch.

I see what you mean, but Halo is mainly played around its MP, so thats why they put so much extra stuff in their. People play SP maybe about 5 times at tops when they own the game, but MP is where people play at.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: May 17, 2012 05:25 PM    Msg. 9 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: idltp
$180... I might as well buy a new Xbox.

Welcome back from earlier today.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on May 17, 2012 at 05:25 PM

abkarch

Posted: May 17, 2012 05:50 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       
the war games thing thing is confusing. Does this mean i have to pay extra money if i want competitive multiplayer?

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: May 17, 2012 06:44 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Purchasing DLC ahead of time? This is just a CoD Elite copy, terrible development for games.

It's not really a CoD Elite copy considering it's not a monthly subscription. 343i is just trying to gain the trust of a very fickle fanbase.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on May 17, 2012 at 06:44 PM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: May 18, 2012 03:09 AM    Msg. 12 of 28       
meh, i might get it depending on whether they show more stuff further down the track etc

LegionofShadows

Posted: May 18, 2012 03:28 AM    Msg. 13 of 28       
I wonder if Gametraders will have it...

Probably not. As far as I know, they're a pretty small company. Might have to rescind that order.

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: May 18, 2012 06:55 AM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: ELEVERX
no with cod you got it as it came out i think its cool cause you get it months before every one else and it like $20 extra bucks and also to the candadian who is biching about it been 100 bucks in my country its 120 and our dollars worth more honestly we get f'd in the A by every mager foreign contry

You don't get it months before others.

Sciophobiaranger

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.

Posted: May 18, 2012 01:56 PM    Msg. 15 of 28       
343's version of Call of Duty Elite, a waste of an extra 30.00; Sigh*, they need to come up with something worth the extra money because this is just getting annoying... not spending an extra 30.00; It's just my opinion!

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: May 18, 2012 02:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger
343's version of Call of Duty Elite, a waste of an extra 30.00; Sigh*, they need to come up with something worth the extra money because this is just getting annoying... not spending an extra 30.00; It's just my opinion!

What? How is it a version of CoD Elite? It's not a monthly subscription!

anonymous_2009

Posted: May 18, 2012 03:18 PM    Msg. 17 of 28       
People need to stop comparing this game to CoD - CoD is an EXTREMELY awful game, at times it CAN be fun, but it does not make it a good game.

And oh, some service comes out called Elite and everyone jumps on the wagon of comparing other games "packs" or services to it... A LOT of games usually give you map packs early if you buy a more expensive version of the game, it's nothing new.

Gosh..

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: May 18, 2012 04:23 PM    Msg. 18 of 28       
if your gonna compare CoD with something, then compare Infinity Ward vs Treyarch. and do it somewhere else, while your at it.

and wtf really a full length live action movie? what is it with video games doing LA crap. A 90 minute movie of cutscenes that are ingame would be better. Especially since then they could keep the VA's and faces the same. honestly when it comes to cameo appearances of MC and badly represented characters played by unknown actors all I can say is DO NOT WANT

Bobblehob

Posted: May 18, 2012 05:33 PM    Msg. 19 of 28       
The 90 minute movie is what had me. Just going from the production values of the live action stuff in Halo game previews and such, It makes me very excited to see what 90 minutes of it will be like :) Though I may just wait until it is available to be pirated instead of spending 100 bucks xP

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 18, 2012 06:57 PM    Msg. 20 of 28       
This isn't a copy of Call of Duty's crappy service to steal your money. You do realize there will be at least 3 map packs, yes? Which are usually $10 each? So you're technically just preordering the DLC. And the rest of the stuff that comes with this edition is basically free. Maybe read before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth next time.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 18, 2012 07:03 PM    Msg. 21 of 28       
inb4 using torrent to download movie

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:15 PM    Msg. 22 of 28       
It's my opinion kids, get over it... just another company ripping people off.

abkarch

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:49 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       

well, you have yet to come up with a counter argument to the above people..Which leads us to believe you dont have one.
you dont have to call people kids because they disagree with you.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: May 18, 2012 09:57 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch

well, you have yet to come up with a counter argument to the above people..Which leads us to believe you dont have one.
you dont have to call people kids because they disagree with you.

It's just my opinion, this isn't even an argument, i don't want people to believe me, to be honestly i don't give a crap; I just think this would be a waste of money and isn't worth spending that much on a game... my opinion, not meant to be offensive.

LegionofShadows

Posted: May 22, 2012 02:42 AM    Msg. 25 of 28       
The one thing I really want is the Infinity Briefing packet- I'm a fiend for canon and statistics.

I don't use Xbox live anwyay, so the rest of the stuff is crap for me. I prefer to play Single Player- might save up on some of those two-day xbox live vouchers though.

Sprinkle

Posted: May 22, 2012 03:29 AM    Msg. 26 of 28       
I hate when limited editions are mostly comprised of virtual ingame items, they don't mean squat. I'd rather another figure / statue or helmet than some digital items that'll be useless when halo 5 comes out in another year or two.

LegionofShadows

Posted: May 22, 2012 04:53 AM    Msg. 27 of 28       
Hopefully two years. I don't want annual Halo releases- it'll lead to a COD state of mind, where they recycle tons of models.

I agree. It'd be good if we got something like Halsey's journal again- hell, I'd love for a strategy guide to come out with it. I woudn't use the walkthrough, but I LOVE strategy guides.

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: May 22, 2012 03:05 PM    Msg. 28 of 28       
*wants to see Legendary Edition*

I want to see all the live-action stuff, lol.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 11:00 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website