A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Armor Damage?

Author Topic: Armor Damage? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

jimmy

You can cure a derp, but not the herps.

Posted: May 24, 2012 12:24 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Wondering if i could do it through opensauce? Help appreciated.

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: May 24, 2012 12:32 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
what do you mean by armor damage.

is it damage permutations for bipeds because i'm pretty sure its possible without opensauce although i might be mistaken. the people who could really help you with this are waffles and Kirby
Edited by killzone64 on May 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM

jimmy

Posted: May 24, 2012 01:01 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Visible Damage permutations

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: May 24, 2012 01:12 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
I believe that you just create a bunch of edits to the models in max the just export each permutation as a seperate jms. that may or may not work but you can try

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: May 24, 2012 11:18 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
It is possible without OS, just look at the flood elites\humans: First you start out by modeling different damaged permutations and exporting all of them as their own .JMS and putting them in one models folder. You also want one that isn't damaged. Then go to tool and build that model, the .GBXmodel will now have all of your new permutations in it. Now in Guerilla open the model and go to permutations, and select each of the damaged perms and check the box that says "can not be chosen randomly" Now you'll need to set it so that when a certain portion of the model is damaged, encounters a damage effect, it switches out the permutation to the damaged one, i'm not quite sure of how to do this, so what i'd recommend is opening the model, biped and collision-geometry tags for the flood human form and copying down the permutation information from those.
Edited by grunt_eater on May 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: May 24, 2012 01:07 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
You would need to create a region for each part of the armour you want damage, within it a clean permutation and a damaged permutation, so that only the part you shoot gets damaged.
I don't really know how regions work though so...yeah

jimmy

Posted: May 24, 2012 10:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Sweeet. Thanks guys I'm understanding it now, just something i figured I would knock off my list to learn. Possibly extra credit in my computer engineering class Lol.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 1:09 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website