A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »EXTINCTION MOD

Author Topic: EXTINCTION MOD (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 27, 2012 01:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I never really understood why people used Caps Lock. I AM AWESOME. hmmmm I still don't get it. Kinda makes me feel like im angry but I wasn't.... odd.

Anyways, someone was actually working on something like this earlier.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: May 27, 2012 01:42 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: CPOMENDEZ
Dear Modders/Gamers, I am in a dilemma.
I am trying to mod Extinction so that it is fun for all; As in, the pelican will not be 'top dog' anymore, the rocket hog will no longer be a missile hog and the darn longsword will no longer hold that goddamned shiva warhead(Nuke).
Changes I am trying to make include making the longsword and pelican's missiles fire slower but harder, and thus causing the pelican's missiles to only be useful for long range dogfights.
Here's the fun bit: I am not an admin on my computer. I do not have H.E.K. I only have HMT, HHT, Sparkedit, and Halo CE Converter. I humbly request your assistance in this matter. It shall be greatly appreciated.

See how much posher you sound when you recall grammar?

Anyway, it's impossible to edit CE maps with HMT, HHT, Spark Edit, or Halo CE Converter. H.E.K. is REQUIRED for maps with custom tags, and is also required for maps as large as Extinction.

However, a project started quite recently involving modding Extinction and rebalancing it as well as re-building and editing the bsp.
There is currently no news as to the progress of that team. However, I'm sure a correspondent will post shortly. ;)

Edited by Jaz on May 27, 2012 at 01:44 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 27, 2012 01:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

quoted profanity
Edited by Dennis on May 27, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Jaz

Posted: May 27, 2012 02:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
o.O

Anyway, not sure if you got it but I posted the answer to this thread:

"Anyway, it's impossible to edit CE maps with HMT, HHT, Spark Edit, or Halo CE Converter. H.E.K. is REQUIRED for maps with custom tags, and is also required for maps as large as Extinction.

However, a project started quite recently involving modding Extinction and rebalancing it as well as re-building and editing the bsp.
There is currently no news as to the progress of that team. However, I'm sure a correspondent will post shortly. ;)"

Incase you can't understand the above:

"ANYWAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO EDIT CE MAPS WITH HMT/HHT/SPARKEDIT/HALO CE CONVERTER. HEK REQUIRED - MAPS WITH CUSTOM TAGS AND ALSO NEEDED FOR MAPS LARGE AS EXTINCTION.

PROJECT STARTED RECENTLY TO MOD EXTINCTION REBALANCE IT AND REBUILD BSP.
NO NEWS TO PROGRESS OF TEAM YET. PERSON FROM TEAM MIGHT POST SOON."

Jaz

Posted: May 27, 2012 02:18 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: CPOMENDEZ
YES I UNDERSTOOD IT THE FIRST TIME AND I CAN DO IT BECAUSE THE HALO CE CONVERTER SPELT IT WRONG IT IS HALO CE MAP CONVERTER AND I GOT IT FROM THIS SITE

The Halo CE Map Converter will NOT help. None of the Halo PC tools will allow you to edit CE maps due to differentiating tag formats. Until somebody makes an alternate CE map editor, HEK is REQUIRED to develop an Extinction mod.

Edited by Jaz on May 27, 2012 at 02:19 PM

abkarch

Posted: May 27, 2012 02:19 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Turn off caps.

Anyway, why do you have to be an admin to use map making tools? cant you just install them to like a directory on the desktop and then install hce to a folder in the desktop, giving you access to everything?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 2:09 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website