A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 Video

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 4 Video (96 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

ethreepoh

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 02:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 96       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8cXGxVF5hU

Watch it before it goes down!
Edited by ethreepoh on Jun 4, 2012 at 02:37 PM

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 02:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 96       
OMG man !!! Halo 4 will be the most realistic and fantastic halo i have ever seen. 343 know what are they doing. I love that. !!!

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 02:59 PM    Msg. 3 of 96       
Me = Hoping Microsoft will go Sony's way and let their first parties work on multi-platform games, including Wii U.

OHunterO

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Me = Hoping Microsoft will go Sony's way and let their first parties work on multi-platform games, including Wii U.

They better not do what Sony do. I have read an article where Sony are thinking about putting averts in games, just like TV. Where gameplay will slow down and an advert will appear...

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:22 PM    Msg. 5 of 96       

Microsoft just made their own Wii U instead and called it SmartGlass

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Microsoft just made their own Wii U instead and called it SmartGlass

SmartGlass?

*snickers*

KingFisher

Creativity is the main element of level design.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:42 PM    Msg. 7 of 96       
Incredible. Much more different compared to the other games. Almost seems like a game of its own, but still halo. The forerunner weapons are awesome too.

I wonder what this Ancient Evil is. For some reason I keep thinking of the Reapers.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 96       
I am actually quite impressed, this just re-ignited my anticipation for Halo 4! :D I cant wait!

OHunterO

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 03:55 PM    Msg. 9 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: aLTis
6:21 That vehicle! Halo 4 is going to be legend.. wait for it...

I'm making that huge vehicle asap!

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:02 PM    Msg. 10 of 96       
The level of awesomeness that this video has...

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND! *destroys a million scouters*

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:12 PM    Msg. 11 of 96       
OMG OMG OMG *jumps up and down like a little girl* It's so beautiful :') i can't wait.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:26 PM    Msg. 12 of 96       
If you look behind chief at 6:17 it looks like that spartan (or maybe odst) is wearing the same helmet as noble six :O

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:33 PM    Msg. 13 of 96       
They should have made a new franchise as this is nothing like Halo.
The character design reminds me of Half-life + Mass Effect and features teleporting robots.

Not only that, but the storyline has become just too milked out to have any sort of believability left. How much can one man experience in a life-time? The original trilogy was already a hell of an adventure, but this is overkill and feels tacked on just to expand halo's lifespan. One can also call this "milking the cow", and the large crowd will love it because it's called Halo. Say what you want, but if this was a different franchise I bet alot of you would brand it "generix sci-fi shooter X". It doesn't differentiate itself anymore from other shooters.

Luckily I'm not the only one who thinks this as apparent on xfire. This thread almost gives off the idea that alot of people are liking this thing.

But remember: a cow's uterus cannot have an infinite volume.

grunt_eater

Everything except biped rigging.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:41 PM    Msg. 14 of 96       
...I think you mean udders. Uterus is what a baby is conceived in, there, bro.

TM_updates

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:42 PM    Msg. 15 of 96       
Avé Wim indeed grunt eater :)

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:45 PM    Msg. 16 of 96       
And once again LODEX :| , you remain the only one disliking the upcoming game.

Better yet, ask yourself the question: How much can humanity go through in 20 years?

I imagined the forerunner as an advanced species with far superior technology than both the covenant and the humans combined. I have no problem accepting the appearance of these new enemies because they have created exactly what was created in my head after reading the x number of books.

If the year is 25xx and you can hyper jump with a star ship, i think it's safe to say that a more advanced species that created all of the halo rings should be able to teleport too.

Also, it reminded me more of Metroid than Mass Effect. And i have no idea where the Half-Life thing came from, because I see no resemblance.
Edited by Newbkilla on Jun 4, 2012 at 04:47 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 04:54 PM    Msg. 17 of 96       
HOLY BALLS 0_0

Jaz

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:11 PM    Msg. 18 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Actually, there's been no mention of Forerunners in that trailer at all, so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q8cXGxVF5hU#t=285s

"I recognize this design, it's Forerunner."

At first, I was determined that that meant that the creatures are Forerunner too, being of similar design.

But then I thought about it.
What if the enemies aren't Forerunners, but created minions? They're not powerful enough or advanced enough to be the Forerunners themselves. The Forerunners built a weapon that could wipe out the entire race of flood. Surely they'd be able to build a simple weapon to obliterate Masterchief with a single flick of a trigger?

Perhaps the enemies are just the minions of the Forerunners, guarding their base. When you meet the Forerunners themselves, I doubt you'll be put into a situation where you have to fight them. If they are your enemies and there isn't ever some kind of "Oh wait, now we understand your inferior species. Peace?" story, then it'll likely be a super weapon that allows you to kill the Forerunners, not your own hands.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:11 PM    Msg. 19 of 96       
At no point was it stated that these new enemies were forerunners, so please stop making assumptions. Cortana said at one point that they're AI, so perhaps an evolved variant of the Sentinels? Actually, there's been no mention of Forerunners in that trailer at all, so..

Also, Sentinels are Forerunner constructs.

At first, I was determined that that meant that the creatures are Forerunner too, being of similar design.

But then I thought about it.
What if the enemies aren't Forerunners, but created minions? They're not powerful enough or advanced enough to be the Forerunners themselves. The Forerunners built a weapon that could wipe out the entire race of flood. Surely they'd be able to build a simple weapon to obliterate Masterchief with a single flick of a trigger?

Perhaps the enemies are just the minions of the Forerunners, guarding their base. When you meet the Forerunners themselves, I doubt you'll be put into a situation where you have to fight them. If they are your enemies and there isn't ever some kind of "Oh wait, now we understand your inferior species. Peace?" story, then it'll likely be a super weapon that allows you to kill the Forerunners, not your own hands.

The new enemies are Prometheans, and I'm fairly certain they are Forerunner "minions."
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 4, 2012 at 05:15 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:34 PM    Msg. 20 of 96       

Like a bawss.

abkarch

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:37 PM    Msg. 21 of 96       

Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO

Please do!

Master chiefs logic: finds weapon noone has ever seen, knows how to use it :D
Edited by aLTis on Jun 4, 2012 at 04:03 PM

Triggers arent really rocket science.

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:45 PM    Msg. 22 of 96       

Cortana was talking about the weapon :|

Jaz

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch

Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO

Please do!

Master chiefs logic: finds weapon noone has ever seen, knows how to use it :D
Edited by aLTis on Jun 4, 2012 at 04:03 PM

Triggers arent really rocket science.

Different recoil. MasterChief must be amazingly good at judging weight and power to be able to get accurate shots as soon as he picks up a new gun. Most guns have different recoil and aiming should be quite inaccurate when you use a new gun. Masterchief clearly has a grasp of Physics and listened in class though. ;)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 05:58 PM    Msg. 24 of 96       
Well, im definetly not getting Halo 4.

- Forerunner "AI" dont look like robots nor look like Forerunners, nor do they even look remotely assciated with Halo universe

- Forerunners made to look like super bad evil guys now, where before in Halo 1/2/3 they always ended up helping you and then only stop aiding you due to 343GS corruption and protocol.

- May just be demo but it leads me to believe that Halo 4 is going for a more "COD" cinematic type of approach to their gameplay, unlike the classic Halo gameplay style we all love

- Cortana looks like some asian emo chick, not what she use to look like at all (you can say she went through varations in 1-2-3, but they all looked similar)

- HUD. Nothing else to say...

- Everything was great up until the giant ball warping thing.

- Overall, the visuals look fantastic. But so much does not fit in with Halo at all and I believe 343 is just slapping on Halo's name onto the product to ride off of Bungies succes with the game.

- Forerunner Weapons look too much like standard human weaponry, just add orange, lots of orange and maybe a disintegration effect

I had some hope for this game before, right now though, not much of any. I'm really, really disappointed with the enemies mostly, and also some of the lore they are changing. The game could honestly be a different game with all the stuff theyve changed so far in terms of "Halo-ness", it really seems like an entire new franchise then anything remotely Halo related.
Edited by Higuy on Jun 4, 2012 at 06:09 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:16 PM    Msg. 25 of 96       
Halo 4 is a definite buy.

343 dared to do something Bungie would never try to do, they actually did what Halo 1 said, "Combat Evolved"

Halo 2 and 3 Combat was extinct. and now 343 evolved it again.

Halo 4 is defiantly a fresh beginning for the new Halo trilogy.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:28 PM    Msg. 26 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Halo 4 is a definite buy.

343 dared to do something Bungie would never try to do, they actually did what Halo 1 said, "Combat Evolved"

Halo 2 and 3 Combat was extinct. and now 343 evolved it again.

Halo 4 is defiantly a fresh beginning for the new Halo trilogy.

Gotta agree with Slayer on this one.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jun 4, 2012 at 06:28 PM

TM_updates

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:33 PM    Msg. 27 of 96       
Halo 4 is a definite game.

343 did their own thing with it, they actually did what their script writer told them to, "Make a game with teleporting robots"

Halo 2 and 3 combat was fantastic. and now 343 is making a game with teleporting robots.

Halo 4 is defiantly a fresh beginning to a new game franchise.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:35 PM    Msg. 28 of 96       
In case it gets taken down here is a mirror for anyone who misses it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdl3rvy83fjeb1d

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:38 PM    Msg. 29 of 96       
Halo 4 is a new Trilogy though. its time we evolved and time we got something fresh and so it was delivered.

TM_updates

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:39 PM    Msg. 30 of 96       
Halo 4 is a new game franchise though. its time we evolved and time we got new game franchises and so it was delivered.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:42 PM    Msg. 31 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
In case it gets taken down here is a mirror for anyone who misses it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdl3rvy83fjeb1d

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/detail/halo-4-e3-2012-stage-demo/f9f55508-8bf8-496d-9c85-203eaf8bdcc5
Edited by MoooseGuy on Jun 4, 2012 at 06:43 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:45 PM    Msg. 32 of 96       
Halo 4 is a new Trilogy though. its time we evolved and time we got something fresh and so it was delivered.

I would settle for a new franchise than more Halo games. Each game is getting stale and old, they could have made this great but their idea's are not really anything Halo-like. Especially with Bungie out of the picture, people who actually made this game what it is today, its going to be a lot different.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 06:53 PM    Msg. 33 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

I would settle for a new franchise than more Halo games. Each game is getting stale and old, they could have made this great but their idea's are not really anything Halo-like. Especially with Bungie out of the picture, people who actually made this game what it is today, its going to be a lot different.

Maybe doing something "Halo-like" would be stale and old, as you said. Adding fresh ideas into the mix is what will make this game fresh and fun.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 07:07 PM    Msg. 34 of 96       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

Maybe doing something "Halo-like" would be stale and old, as you said. Adding fresh ideas into the mix is what will make this game fresh and fun.

I have nothing against new and creative ideas. However, they should respect the fact of previous lore already set in stone that Bungie had done, as they are picking up the project. Bungie did an amazing job to keep the Forerunners extremely mysterious, even with the additions such as the Terminals and their books. Ever since 343 has taken over the project, the first thing they have done is completely exploited one of the most mysterious parts of the universe, the Forerunners. First of all, they had the anime crap, which in a couple episodes, completely detailed every single part of Forerunner history with the Flood. Most of this information was already known. Then they did the books. This went a lot deeper, and started to make the mystery deteriorate even more. Then they did the Terminals in Anniversary, and now they are changing the lore already set in the games, with their AI and weaponry. The new "weaponry" too is just rehashed human weapons that look like Forerunner weaponry. In previous games, the Sentinel Beam was more of its own creative style that was neither Human or Covenant, and it created a distinctive form of what the Forerunners may have used as defense.

Lastly, the "ancient threat" is most likely just some corrupt AI. It's pretty obvious that its something to do with the Forerunners and most likely AI.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 08:26 PM    Msg. 35 of 96       
I am approximately 10% more interested in this game. It is obnoxiously shiny, and the Forerunner weapons look cool, but that's where I stop liking it.

Fighting Covenant again is stupid, considering most of them were obliterated in Halo 3, and the Elites are supposed to be allies. Cortana looks horrible. Chief's armor is totally different, and while they have stated that it will be explained, they have yet to even give an ounce of proof of that. And now we're fighting Forerunner super robots? Really?

And that live action crap had better not be in the full game. Live action anything is never good, in any game, ever.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 9:20 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website