A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 4 General Discussion

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 4 General Discussion (117 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

OHunterO

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 02:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 117       
Can't find the old thread, just thought id post some pictures from the E3 and afew others I have found. So yeah before you start to attempt to be clever and mention the PNG's them images are from other websites.
:)

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 07:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 117       
*looks at cortana rampant picture*

Well I wasnt going to sleep tonight anyways.

Xoronatus

Taking a break

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 08:24 PM    Msg. 3 of 117       
Really impressed, I like the environments, the enemies are interesting and challenging. The weapons look right, they seem to have their own unique style. I'm very impressed overall with the HUD, I like the cinematic feel, they implemented the way I like it. Master chief is still a boss, he looks good. I really like this game so far. Too bad there's no firefight

P3

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 09:51 PM    Msg. 4 of 117       
I say they should of not added the skull.... Oh, and I thought they made Cortana look pretty in Halo 4.... But know.... She just looks..... uuuhh.... for that part anyway. She might still look pretty in the rest of the game.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 10:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
I say they should of not added the skull.... Oh, and I thought they made Cortana look pretty in Halo 4.... But know.... She just looks..... uuuhh.... for that part anyway. She might still look pretty in the rest of the game.

No doubt man. That stupid skull, why would a forerunner or any alien species have a human skull underneath it's face plate, i dont get what they are doing with that...

and the other forerunner things, like those sentinel-like things that throw grenades, why the hell so they all have a little head/face on them?! if you look at other pictures of them up close theres a little face. this isn't gundam/transformers where every thing needs a humanoid face! haha Sorry... rant..

Edited by xKRONNiKx on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 10:53 PM    Msg. 6 of 117       
I have a question, from the video/ why does it appear that those forerunner creatures bleed yellow while they are not organic as cortana said?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:19 AM    Msg. 7 of 117       
Robots don't look forerunner at all.
Rampant Cortana looks creepy as hell. I hope they handle this part of the storyline well :/
Still don't like MC's shoulder pads.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:27 AM    Msg. 8 of 117       
did u see those ODST's??? OMFG they look like CMT's odst...
also the BR firing sound, sounds uhh how do i put this, bass-y??? xD

why'd u say they're forerunner creatures? are those things somehow being mind-controlled by precursors???

and, there are blue and yellow colors for those things, should i speculate that, blue are still forerunner-controlled and helps defending humans? O_o hope this is not a spoiler alert. just curious
Edited by CorpseManTS on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:30 AM

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:38 AM    Msg. 9 of 117       
For. The. Win.

Lets hope Cortana's hot for most of the game though.

Edited by LegionofShadows on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:39 AM

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 03:23 AM    Msg. 10 of 117       
That, absorbing a planet's worth of data from Halo, and being 8 years old.

Its really not that complicated.

game user10

Who is the Overseer?

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 08:04 AM    Msg. 11 of 117       
I thought they have already confirmed that there will be no Flood in Halo 4.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:32 AM    Msg. 12 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS

why'd u say they're forerunner creatures? are those things somehow being mind-controlled by precursors???

and, there are blue and yellow colors for those things, should i speculate that, blue are still forerunner-controlled and helps defending humans? O_o hope this is not a spoiler alert. just curious

I'd imagine colors are for ranks.

OHunterO

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 01:32 PM    Msg. 13 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS

I'd imagine colors are for ranks.

I don't know. Because i'm sure 343 know that most Forerunner lights and their style is blue. So the orange color could indicate out of control AI? Or something like that.. Dunno.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 01:38 PM    Msg. 14 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: xKRONNiKx

No doubt man. That stupid skull, why would a forerunner or any alien species have a human skull underneath it's face plate, i dont get what they are doing with that...

and the other forerunner things, like those sentinel-like things that throw grenades, why the hell so they all have a little head/face on them?! if you look at other pictures of them up close theres a little face. this isn't gundam/transformers where every thing needs a humanoid face! haha Sorry... rant..

Edited by xKRONNiKx on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Look at the skull, its humanoid, but not, it has four nostrils, and an abnormally shaped head, it looks human but not.

The flying things dont have faces, just a single round light in the center, and they also take the grenades you throw at them and throw them back at you which is a very innovative gameplay shift, as well as the general movement changes to the enemies.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:26 PM    Msg. 15 of 117       

The flying thing has a face. I think. o:

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:30 PM    Msg. 16 of 117       
Hmm, I guess it does look like a bit of a face, but even then, its not human :P

Nne Ya Tano

Rebirth (2%)

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 02:44 PM    Msg. 17 of 117       
Nice Reclaimer/Marathon symbol on the chest there.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:47 PM

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 03:02 PM    Msg. 18 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: aLTis
Ive just noticed Reach banshee. they should have made old style one...

Check the site the other day and it appears it's not 100% Reach Banshee. Though I like the Reach Banshee and the Halo 4 one since they are more aerodynamic looking. Anyway was trying to find the picture to post here but instead found some new weapons!!

FOUND IT

http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#!images/renders/f32f87eb-0de9-44d4-b801-6b4cfac6e46a

Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 5, 2012 at 03:04 PM

Edited by YakZSmelk on Jun 5, 2012 at 03:06 PM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 04:28 PM    Msg. 19 of 117       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8aH1H01kb4

Some info on Infinity War Games and Spartan Ops. The integration actually looks pretty cool. Looks like this actually might have replay value.

Echo77

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 04:42 PM    Msg. 20 of 117       

The lower variant seems to be the Space Banshee from Reach. I liked those.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 05:28 PM    Msg. 21 of 117       
Oh my god, I hate the design of the vehicles from reach. Now they reach-fed the halo 4 banshee...

Dr490nbr347h

Stealin yer Cookies.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 11:57 PM    Msg. 22 of 117       
I'm still pretty pissed that Elites are your enemy's again. What if we see The Arbiter or the Shipmaster? I hope we'll get a good reason.
Edited by Dr490nbr347h on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 02:22 AM    Msg. 23 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr490nbr347h

I'm still pretty pissed that Elites are your enemy's again. What if we see The Arbiter or the Shipmaster? I hope we'll get a good reason.
Edited by Dr490nbr347h on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Herp Derp, its already pretty much been confirmed that the covenant you fight are pirates or not really affiliated with what we knew as the covenant in the old games. Its also pretty easy to imagine that there could be covenant who didnt get the memo about the war being over xP Considering there are millions of them spread across a galaxy...

Echo77

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 02:37 AM    Msg. 24 of 117       
Japanese holdouts were being discovered well into the '70s, many of them never realizing (or refusing to believe) the war had ended thirty years prior. Halo 4 takes place only five years after the collapse of an empire that spanned galaxies. I'd imagine there would be quite a few holdouts.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 02:41 AM    Msg. 25 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: FMT MasterChief
I miss the arbiter and the shipmaster. ESPECIALLY THE FLOOD!!!

Halo 4 doesn't amuse me anymore if they are gone.

Also cortana quoted :
"But you did it. Truth and the Covenant...the Flood. It's finished."
Cortana

The covenant is gone, But why is the covenant still in halo 4? Also in the gameplay MasterChief didn't react when he saw the elites as enemies again.

Also where is lord hood!?

THE FAQ HALO 4 HAVE MANY THINGS TO EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW!!!

Did you read the post right above yours? Also, the entire campaign preview we got takes place a ways into the campaign, I guarantee that the game will explain to you why the covenant are back, and in turn will explain why they don't surprise the chief.

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 04:01 AM    Msg. 26 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: FMT MasterChief
I miss the arbiter and the shipmaster. ESPECIALLY THE FLOOD!!!

Halo 4 doesn't amuse me anymore if they are gone.

Also cortana quoted :
"But you did it. Truth and the Covenant...the Flood. It's finished."
Cortana

The covenant is gone, But why is the covenant still in halo 4? Also in the gameplay MasterChief didn't react when he saw the elites as enemies again.

Also where is lord hood!?

THE FAQ HALO 4 HAVE MANY THINGS TO EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW!!!

* image removed by admin - it was in bad taste

nah im joking :p. picture 1 has the reach mkv helmet o.o (noble 6's)

looks nice but idk.
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 6, 2012 at 04:03 AM
Edited by Dennis on Jun 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 05:06 AM    Msg. 27 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Oh my god, I hate the design of the vehicles from reach. Now they reach-fed the halo 4 banshee...

Exactly what I was thinking...
I remember when Reach came out, and I saw those god awful banshees I asked wtf happened. I was told that they were an earlier variant than the ones in Halo 3, so I thought that was a good enough reason...
But then I see them in Halo anniversary and it kind of pissed me off lol. Now I see these Halo Rea... I mean Halo 4 banshees and I'm all like WTF GUYS!?

Whatever, maybe the pirate covenant only have access to old models?

YakZSmelk

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 01:24 PM    Msg. 28 of 117       

I remember when Reach came out, and I saw those god awful banshees I asked wtf happened. I was told that they were an earlier variant than the ones in Halo 3, so I thought that was a good enough reason...
But then I see them in Halo anniversary and it kind of pissed me off lol. Now I see these Halo Rea... I mean Halo 4 banshees and I'm all like WTF GUYS!?

Think you guys just have a case of "I hate change", new design is much more aerodynamic and stable looking.

Only thing I didn't like was the image I found with the weird arms on the cannons and thrusters.

xKRONNiKx

Turkey Farm.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 03:37 PM    Msg. 29 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk

Think you guys just have a case of "I hate change", new design is much more aerodynamic and stable looking.

Only thing I didn't like was the image I found with the weird arms on the cannons and thrusters.

Not true, I love change, i love what ive been seeing from Halo 4 so far. If anything i think that it's lacking change! haha.
I just never really liked the fat banshee, even though it is a blast to fly. :P
And yes it does look more aerodynamic, i like how the wings bend and all, but i think it would of been cool to see a different banshee model, like a new updated looking one or some sort of hybrid from the reach ideas and halo 3 ideas.
Thats what i was expecting from halo 4, but it seems like they're using alot of things from reach so far

Edited by xKRONNiKx on Jun 6, 2012 at 03:40 PM

YakZSmelk

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 06:05 PM    Msg. 30 of 117       
Thats what i was expecting from halo 4, but it seems like they're using alot of things from reach so far
Edited by xKRONNiKx on Jun 6, 2012 at 03:40 PM

Reach is the art style, the Banshee in Reach seems to have been one of those issues where the internet freaks out about it's looks and assumes it has to do with the story when in Reality it's just the artists getting more to play with.

This is similar to the Halo 3 nonsense when they originally showed the Master Chief and his gloves were different so *gasp* "he had to be in a new suit of armor"! haha

The Halo community is ridiculously diehard and think that Halo was this greatly mapped out adventure, but in reality Bungie had no idea what they were making when they started working on Halo 1. It just happened to be awesome!

RevolutionaryCaptain

Preparing to continue the overmind's plans

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 10:43 PM    Msg. 31 of 117       
I love how all the pictures you posted in your first post, is really the best pics. If you the infinity trailer, in one point in the vidoe, its has unlockable weapons through battling in the "War Games". Which seen really fimilar and wonder where it can from?Hmm.. One of biggest question is why are we fighting the convenants still? We beat their ass in Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3:ODST, and Halo 3. I mean we destryoyed them, killed their leaders, basically destroyed their capital city after the flood that it over. Also, why are we fighting the elites now? We made alliance with them to kill the convenants.

Quote: The Halo community is ridiculously diehard and think that Halo was this greatly mapped out adventure, but in reality Bungie had no idea what they were making when they started working on Halo 1. It just happened to be awesome!

And this is true. But anyways... the graphics look amazing and it makes Black OPS 2 look like a crap.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 10:51 PM    Msg. 32 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: RevolutionaryCaptain
I love how all the pictures you posted in your first post, is really the best pics. If you the infinity trailer, in one point in the vidoe, its has unlockable weapons through battling in the "War Games". Which seen really fimilar and wonder where it can from?Hmm.. One of biggest question is why are we fighting the convenants still? We beat their ass in Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3:ODST, and Halo 3. I mean we destryoyed them, killed their leaders, basically destroyed their capital city after the flood that it over. Also, why are we fighting the elites now? We made alliance with them to kill the convenants.

Quote: The Halo community is ridiculously diehard and think that Halo was this greatly mapped out adventure, but in reality Bungie had no idea what they were making when they started working on Halo 1. It just happened to be awesome!

And this is true. But anyways... the graphics look amazing and it makes Black OPS 2 look like a crap.

Your question has already been answered multiple times. How about you read back through the thread and you will see.

RevolutionaryCaptain

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 11:05 PM    Msg. 33 of 117       
WOW. Thats a lame ass excuse to countine the story line. Pirates really? These are not the convenants, these are pirates, that branch off of the convenants like herectic in Halo 2. 343, way to pull a lame ass reason. I hope they get rid of the unlockable weapons system because, I don't want people spawning with a sniper rifle every match possible.

Bobblehob

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 11:19 PM    Msg. 34 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: RevolutionaryCaptain
WOW. Thats a lame ass excuse to countine the story line. Pirates really? These are not the convenants, these are pirates, that branch off of the convenants like herectic in Halo 2. 343, way to pull a lame ass reason. I hope they get rid of the unlockable weapons system because, I don't want people spawning with a sniper rifle every match possible.

Are you really that stupid? Or are you trolling. The exact scenario that could easily be used to explain why there are still covenant for the MC to fight, is something that has happened in real life. Soldiers of a certain army who are never told the war is over, it happened with Japanese soldiers in World War 2, as well as Germans, and Koreans as well.

Also, if you will remember correctly, the first contact that any humans had with the covenant was with pirates, Jackal pirates to be exact.
Edited by Bobblehob on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

RevolutionaryCaptain

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 11:54 PM    Msg. 35 of 117       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Are you really that stupid? Or are you trolling. The exact scenario that could easily be used to explain why there are still covenant for the MC to fight, is something that has happened in real life. Soldiers of a certain army who are never told the war is over, it happened with Japanese soldiers in World War 2, as well as Germans, and Koreans as well.

Also, if you will remember correctly, the first contact that any humans had with the covenant was with pirates, Jackal pirates to be exact.
Edited by Bobblehob on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

False. The first contact with convenants was a convenant's ship attacking a human's planets. Just clearing that up for you :). In Halo 2, after Regret's death, Mecry and Truth plotted to kill off the elites and their allies(but grunts and hunter end up going with the convenants.) The convenants as whole, not as groups of missing capital ships, is dead. Plus, the group, we see has elites and grunts which, means this happened before the break in Halo 2, which is a lot of years behind Halo 3. If you are going to back yourself fully and explain everything then go ahead. But I was simply stating my opinion in the matter. I don't want to angry the master of this site.
Getting back on topic. Has it been confirmed that it will have firefight, forge and threater yet?

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 9:20 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website