A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Win7 tag extracting

Author Topic: Win7 tag extracting (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

UBE Chief

Raising the bar, one kill at a time.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 08:55 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Ok, so it's been a long while since I last modded, and I'm trying to get back into the modding scene. But the last time I modded was when I had Windows XP SP3 on a decade-old computer, and now I'm on a custom-built tower with Win7.

ANYways, I've already figured out how to extract to the tags folder by running HEK+ in admin mode, but it extracts everything to JUST the tags folder, it doesn't extract them to their respective sub-folders. Do I have to extract recursively or something?

Forgive me for asking a noob question at this stage, but new OS, new ways of doing things, right? ^^;

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 11:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Should have worked the same. I would get teh .scnr (scenario) into the side bar and click recursively rip them. Try that. If not either your OS is being screwy (not surprising) or HEK+ is acting up.

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 05:52 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I think you have a problem. I use HEK+ with win7, and this has never happened to me. It could be that you didn't click the option to keep the folders, if not I have no idea.

UBE Chief

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 01:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Should have worked the same. I would get teh .scnr (scenario) into the side bar and click recursively rip them. Try that. If not either your OS is being screwy (not surprising) or HEK+ is acting up.
Yeah, that worked (putting them into the extraction queue and then extracting from there). Selecting everything, R-Clicking then asking to extract seemed to simply put all the tags into the tags folder.

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 01:09 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Yeah if you don't put it in the queue then you aren't telling it where to extract it to. I didn't even know you could R-C and extract.

UBE Chief

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 03:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
I did that all the time on WinXP, lol. That's why I got all confused ^^;

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 7:01 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website