A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Starwars Needs some Help

Author Topic: Starwars Needs some Help (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

hoboscience

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:38 PM    Msg. 1 of 15       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eDUr9N7HSw&feature=youtu.be

Okay,
So here is the situation. I have been working on this project for literally years and some serious strides have been accomplished since this thing has begun. Now I find myself within a 1-month time period (wife is visiting family in japan) so now I have some free time to invest and develop major progress for this project.

If anyone has been looking for a exciting project to work on, I am looking for one or two people that have all around knowledge in tags/3dMax and consider themselves HEK veterans that can contribute during this one month time and really advance this project to its release.

I will share 100% of all files and share them on a private ftp that the team can contribute too.

Please hit me up if your interested.

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 03:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 15       
I suppose I could help with stuff like scripting.(If you're even going to need scripts in the first place) I could attempt some weapon/vehicle models as well although they may not be the best.

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 03:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 15       
I'm done all my exams since today so I can help you out. Whatdya need? What's your xfire?

hoboscience

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 03:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
I suppose I could help with stuff like scripting.(If you're even going to need scripts in the first place) I could attempt some weapon/vehicle models as well although they may not be the best.

I definitely can use an expert scripter. I am challenged with working in a space enviroment. Those challenges are:

Empty vehicles falling and resting on the skybox
dead corpses resting on the skybox
collision with the skybox

I think some of these things can be avoided by scripts. Killzones maybe? Up for the challenge?

Quote: I'm done all my exams since today so I can help you out. Whatdya need? What's your xfire?

I need to tidy up what I have existing and build a solid weapon tagset. Yoda is working hard on that one but I'm sure would appreciate our help.
Anyone interested can message me on xfire. My user name thebigl (however I work within OS so oftentimes I have my xfire closed. I will try to keep it open as often as possible)
Edited by hoboscience on Jun 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM

rerout343

Targeted and Firing

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 04:21 PM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Yeah I can definitely help you out there.
Edited by rerout343 on Jun 15, 2012 at 04:21 PM

Yoda

Do or do not, there is no try

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 05:04 PM    Msg. 6 of 15       
Sry I havn't been available lately. I got a new job in the hunting and fishing department at a sporting goods store, and with fathers day this weekend I have been really busy.

However, I am close to finishing the E-11 (storm trooper blaster) and I have begun animating other weapons. I hope to make a lot of progress after this weekend is over.

Scott

No.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 05:55 PM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Havnt touched CE in a while, not sure what help I could be other than funding.

Good looking project though. I seem to recall seeing it started at some point in time.

Good luck.

hoboscience

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 06:58 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
Quote: Sry I havn't been available lately. I got a new job in the hunting and fishing department at a sporting goods store, and with fathers day this weekend I have been really busy.

However, I am close to finishing the E-11 (storm trooper blaster) and I have begun animating other weapons. I hope to make a lot of progress after this weekend is over.

No problem there Yodo. But put your files on the ftp when you get a chance. Maybe we can double duty it.

Quote: Good looking project though. I seem to recall seeing it started at some point in time.

This project goes back a long long way. Warpassasin and I started this thing within the first year the HEK was released.

Corvette19

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 10:06 AM    Msg. 9 of 15       
That's insane.

Yoda

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 10:53 AM    Msg. 10 of 15       
I have made some progress on weapons. The E-11 and DL44 (storm trooper and han solo blasters) are almost done. I just need to add sound FX, melee animations, and grenade throw animations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6qpSDeBT0&feature=plcp

I have also made some progress on the thermal detonator. The model and textures are finished, and it shouldn't take much more work at all to get it in-game as a grenade.

The wookie bowcaster is also modelled and textured, I plan to get it animated to the same level of the other two weapons. After all three of those are to that stage, I will get the thermal detonator finished and make grenade throw animations.

@hoboscience: Once I get the wookie bowcaster caught up with the other two weapons, I can give you WIP versions to put in your map as placeholders if you would like. Just let me know.

Also, which weapons do you want? obviously e-11, dl-44, and thermal detonators. But since you are only using star destroyers, do you want wookie bowcasters and a280s (rebel rifle from hoth)?

hoboscience

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 12:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 15       
Quote: I have made some progress on weapons. The E-11 and DL44 (storm trooper and han solo blasters) are almost done. I just need to add sound FX, melee animations, and grenade throw animations.

You sir, are awesome! That is coming along great. And to answer your question, I think the bowcaster would be really fun, but the a280's wouldn't be necessary. If you need any help with anything, you know how to reach me.

Yoda

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 12:42 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: hoboscience
Quote: I have made some progress on weapons. The E-11 and DL44 (storm trooper and han solo blasters) are almost done. I just need to add sound FX, melee animations, and grenade throw animations.

You sir, are awesome! That is coming along great. And to answer your question, I think the bowcaster would be really fun, but the a280's wouldn't be necessary. If you need any help with anything, you know how to reach me.

I am very glad that you like them. I had hoped that you would want to use the bowcaster, because I agree that it would be fun.

I plan to make the a280 anyway, because eventually I would like to release a nice complete starwars tagset, but since you don't need it I can wait to do that till I finish the other weapons. That will save me some time on this project.

Also, for the bowcaster: Original trilogy style (red bolts) or battlefront style (green bolts). I kinda like the red bolts, but since all the other weapons shoot red bolts I thought you might want it to be different?

And would you like me to upload WIP versions of the weapons so that you can put them in the map as place holders? Then when I finish making them you can just replace the tags with the new version?

hoboscience

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 01:09 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
Quote: And would you like me to upload WIP versions of the weapons so that you can put them in the map as place holders? Then when I finish making them you can just replace the tags with the new version?

Absolutely,
throw them on the ftp

Quote: Also, for the bowcaster: Original trilogy style (red bolts) or battlefront style (green bolts). I kinda like the red bolts, but since all the other weapons shoot red bolts I thought you might want it to be different?

Red works for me. To be honest, all the colors I'm using now are not written in stone. Several are likely to change as we progress. So yes, keep it red.

Thanks

Yoda

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 02:49 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: hoboscience
Quote: And would you like me to upload WIP versions of the weapons so that you can put them in the map as place holders? Then when I finish making them you can just replace the tags with the new version?

Absolutely,
throw them on the ftp

Quote: Also, for the bowcaster: Original trilogy style (red bolts) or battlefront style (green bolts). I kinda like the red bolts, but since all the other weapons shoot red bolts I thought you might want it to be different?

Red works for me. To be honest, all the colors I'm using now are not written in stone. Several are likely to change as we progress. So yes, keep it red.

Thanks

Alright, I am uploading the WIP tags to the ftp. They are not finished, but for now they are good placeholders. I included the E-11, DL44, and wookie bowcaster.

Copy the "starwarstagset" folder into your tags/weapons folder and you will find the .item_collections for each weapon in the respective folders.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 03:41 PM    Msg. 15 of 15       
Holy crap I remember you posting your progress on this ages ago, glad to see it's still going.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 28, 2020 12:17 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website