A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »My friends cant connect to my Halo CE server.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: My friends cant connect to my Halo CE server. (42 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

EliteSlasher2233

Oh yea, I am always RIGHT! Even when I'm not.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 01:38 PM    Msg. 1 of 42       
Whenever i try to make a Halo CE server for my friends to play only i can join.I do have router and a firewall i tried to do port forwarding but it still gives me the same problem.It was easy when i had TP-Link.Now i have Huawei and it got even worse.Now i have to go to NAT do the same but it still doesnt work.Me and my friend want to create a private server just for us.But none of us had luck.Plz Help if u can.

Jaz

[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 02:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 42       
Got the same problem, except I'm trying to run a server online over IP systems(Halo's native hosting system).

Not using any third party applications because I don't trust them.

Have you tried using Halo's native system?

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 03:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 42       
If you also have a modem, try forwarding the port there too

Scott

No.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 05:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 42       
All running the same, non pirated version?

Jaz

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 05:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
All running the same, non pirated version?

Of course. He wouldn't be stupid enough to come here asking for help if he's pirated the game...

Would he? *Throwing curious/threatening glance at OP*

EliteSlasher2233

Oh yea, I am always RIGHT! Even when I'm not.

Posted: Jun 16, 2012 08:40 AM    Msg. 6 of 42       
Like i said.I alredy tried port forwarding and i just cant get it to work.I dont have anything pirated.Its from this site and my cd key is from my Halo Combat Evolved.I have version 1.09 and im trying anything to fix it.Plz help.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 16, 2012 09:18 AM    Msg. 7 of 42       
What ports are you fowarding? Are they the correct ports? 2300-2320 are the default halo ports to be open. Odd numbers are client ports, even is the host port.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 12:48 AM    Msg. 8 of 42       
You are not forwarding your ports correctly. To check to be sure they are open start the server and then use any of the on-line port scanners to see if they report as open. If not then the ports are still closed and you will have to check the manual for the correct settings.

Corvette19

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 10:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 42       
I used to have the same problem. I had to forward my ports to a specific IP address, which changed every time I loaded Halo. It would be like 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.1.102 (You get the picture) and I would have to manually change the IP address to the specific one (Which is displayed right before you hit "Create Game." Try that.

Sciophobiaranger

Silent, Swift, Deadly. God bless America.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 10:58 PM    Msg. 10 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: EliteSlasher2233
Whenever I try to make a Halo CE server for my friends to play only I can join. I do have router and a firewall I tried to do port forwarding but it still gives me the same problem. It was easy when I had TP-Link. Now I have Huawei and it got even worse. Now I have to go to NAT do the same but it still doesn’t work. My friend and I want to create a private server just for us. But none of us had luck. Please help if you can. - Ftfy.

Don't use Hamachi, it's utter crap. Are you sure you forwarded your ports correctly? If not then I uploaded a tutorial below. If you did correctly, then you most likely are using a cracked game. But telling by that it worked on your old router, it's probably your router is not correctly configured. If port forwarding doesn't work try disabling UnPn.

Port forwarding:

Go to http://portforward.com/.

Enter your router model. For an example mine is a Netgear WNR2000.

Click 'H' on the page it brings you to, it should look like this. Then click 'Halo' and follow the directions.

Remember if none of this works, then it's probably your game. But judging by your post it's how you forwarded your ports. Or your routers connection is just buggy/lousy.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 01:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 42       
Your advice just literally saved me from internal despair.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 01:45 PM    Msg. 12 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: xxSMGxx
huh??

ur net is slow, make it fast, it worked 4 me.

you don't say?

Jaz

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 02:06 PM    Msg. 13 of 42       
Please note that this game's minimum age rating is 16. It is highly recommended that you remain within in a 4 year range of this guideline rating. If you are under 12 years of age, please refrain from playing a Halo game.

Jaz

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 02:12 PM    Msg. 14 of 42       
i am 17 from germany

Well, no offence, but we're making fun of you for a reason, though it is rather cruel. Don't worry about it though. We make fun of each other all the time.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 02:48 PM    Msg. 15 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
you don't say?

1337_h4x0r

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 04:23 PM    Msg. 16 of 42       
i am 17 from germany

DOESN'T UR GOVERNMENT PROHIBIT PEOPLE UNDER ∞ YEARS OF AGE FROM PLAYING VIOLENT GAMES???

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 02:32 AM    Msg. 17 of 42       
STOP HARASSING ME

You make me laugh. Get back on topic. And by the way, I don't give a living crap where you're from, you could be from Iran, I still don't care. If you can't give useful advice don't bother posting. Cheers.

Jaz

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 01:14 PM    Msg. 18 of 42       
xxSMGxx vs Sciophobiaranger. Fun, fun.

Anyway, EliteSlasher, has your server worked yet? It's generally a good idea to tell us about your progress while you help you... o.O

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:02 PM    Msg. 19 of 42       
Sciophobia ranger! The guy that pretends to be in the army? Miss you alot, man.

No wonder you're the main target for bullies, you make it too easy :). Nice to see you again (the bloke who sits at the computer looking for people to annoy all day, get a life), assassin chief. Apparently you still don't have the balls to grow up, tut tut. P.S, I'm not in the military, too old for it anymore (29), so i went back to my old job which is in the Electrical engineering field.

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:30 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:32 PM    Msg. 20 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

No wonder you're the main target for bullies, you make it too easy :). Nice to see you again (the bloke who sits at the computer looking for people to annoy all day, get a life), assassin chief. Apparently you still don't have the balls to grow up, tut tut.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:07 PM

I grow up through the growth hormone, not gonadotrophin or testosterone, and it's summer vacation, I can't get bullied.

Cyber Bullied, and you're wrong about my occupation, wasn't army, it was marines, and besides that job is in my past now.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:35 PM    Msg. 21 of 42       
Yeah, I've also quit playing MW2 multiplayer.

Never played it in the first place, so I don't know how I could quit something I never played. Check my Xfire for proof. Because knowing you, you probably have the link bookmarked.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:39 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:40 PM    Msg. 22 of 42       
Yeah, I've also quit playing MW2 multiplayer.

Never played it in the first place.

Nice picture btw, shows how much of a weasel you are.

I'm Human, and stop bringing up MW2, check my xfire, i never played it.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:40 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:46 PM    Msg. 23 of 42       
You don't say? lmfao, your comebacks are so kiddy. Man up, you were in the marines, weren't you?

Kiddy? You have room to talk. And I'm not trying to think up a whole insult to spat at you, it's called responding maturely. Try it some time. Argument is over.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:46 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:49 PM    Msg. 24 of 42       
Actions speak louder than words, moron.
You fail :D

You can only use words on the internet, 'moron'. As immature people say (you): You failed also.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:52 PM    Msg. 25 of 42       

Jaz

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:53 PM    Msg. 26 of 42       

No wonder you're the main target for bullies, you make it too easy :). Nice to see you again (the bloke who sits at the computer looking for people to annoy all day, get a life), assassin chief. Apparently you still don't have the balls to grow up, tut tut.

I grow up through the growth hormone, not gonadotrophin or testosterone, and it's summer vacation, I can't get bullied.

Wait, it's summer vacation, so you can't get bullied? If you go outside, somebody will attempt to bully you. Unless you never go outside?

You can only use words on the internet, 'moron'. As immature people say (you): You failed also.

Oh, both of you carrots can shut it.

Edited by Jaz on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:54 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 04:55 PM    Msg. 27 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Wait, it's summer vacation, so you can't get bullied? If you go outside, somebody will attempt to bully you. Unless you never go outside?

Oh, both of you carrots can shut it.

Edited by Jaz on Jun 21, 2012 at 04:54 PM

I find myself agreeing with Jaz more and more, never thought about that. Telling by how much posts he posted in a single day: He does not go outside.

Jaz

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:00 PM    Msg. 28 of 42       
Every person that goes outside will get bullied in some form. Unless of course you're the strongest Man on Earth, in which case, every person that goes outside when you do will get bullied.

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:02 PM    Msg. 29 of 42       
Yep, but obviously you get bullied excessively.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 05:03 PM

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:06 PM    Msg. 30 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
No I don't.

I am so telling my mom on you.

Not you, Tiel.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:06 PM    Msg. 31 of 42       
If either of you where to consider yourselves mature, you would talk calmly like gentlemen, using reasonable facts, and what they have said themselves. For instance, SMG saying he cant get bullied over summer vacation shows that in real life, he is quite often bullied, show that there is a high chance of mental insecurities on his behalf. Sciophobia, constantly ranting on about the marines, shows that he has high levels of pride in that occupation (whether they are too high or not, that is up to you to decide); with him merely going "marines! marines!" we are still lacking depth into his life, whether he may be a war loving thug, some man who dreams of rejoining the marines, or merely missing the marine life he left behind.

Simply talk it out as gentlemen, learn about each other, and help each other overcome these insecurities to make them better people, that you wouldn't even need to argue with, since they are better people. *shrug*

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:09 PM    Msg. 32 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Every person that goes outside will get bullied in some form. Unless of course you're the strongest Man on Earth, in which case, every person that goes outside when you do will get bullied.

Of course someone would bully me infront of my parents!

If you have such a huge problem with bullies then report them and ignore them. Simple.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:47 PM    Msg. 33 of 42       
too old (29)

Your Xfire says 28. 0_e

Sciophobiaranger

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 05:54 PM    Msg. 34 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
too old (29)

Your Xfire says 28. 0_e

Didn't update my xfire in months, Echo. I barely use it.

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
If either of you where to consider yourselves mature, you would talk calmly like gentlemen, using reasonable facts, and what they have said themselves. For instance, SMG saying he cant get bullied over summer vacation shows that in real life, he is quite often bullied, show that there is a high chance of mental insecurities on his behalf. Sciophobia, constantly ranting on about the marines, shows that he has high levels of pride in that occupation (whether they are too high or not, that is up to you to decide); with him merely going "marines! marines!" we are still lacking depth into his life, whether he may be a war loving thug, some man who dreams of rejoining the marines, or merely missing the marine life he left behind.

Simply talk it out as gentlemen, learn about each other, and help each other overcome these insecurities to make them better people, that you wouldn't even need to argue with, since they are better people. *shrug*

Mental insecurities, I lol'd.
What else do you know about me?

More than you know... tic tic.
Edited by Sciophobiaranger on Jun 21, 2012 at 05:54 PM

OHunterO

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 06:00 PM    Msg. 35 of 42       
SMG - You should quit trying to act big, your a nerdy kid who gets bullied so must resort to attacking people on the internet.

I'm sure your just a skinny little rat, your the kinda person I would just walk through in the street, the crap on my shoe.

Now do this entire forum a favour and go away, your a cancer to this forum at the moment and no one likes you, infact no one ever will like you. Your just an annoying little scrote.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 7:27 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website