A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[To be named] Infection Map

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [To be named] Infection Map (42 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 03:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 42       
Hey
I am making an infection map which the project does need a name.
The map will be on top of two large buildings in which I hope will be very similar to halo reach. Here is a render:

I am still working on the interior of the building so I will take renders soon.
Also does anybody know a good tutorial on stairs? And if you have any good ideas for this map just tell me and i may include them (as well as crediting you of course).

thanks

-cheddars
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 25, 2012 at 03:45 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 05:55 AM    Msg. 2 of 42       
I was thinking of "zombification" but thats a really cheesy (lol) and lame name :P.

Entrance to the large corridor (plan to have stairs)

Edited by Cheddars on Jun 25, 2012 at 05:55 AM

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 06:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars

I was thinking of "zombification" but thats a really cheesy (lol) and lame name :P.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9545/blehv.jpg
Entrance to the large corridor (plan to have stairs)
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2705/10828366.jpg
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 25, 2012 at 05:55 AM

What happens if I'm just waiting with a few friends with rocket launchers in front of the doors ?
It needs more doors and quickly reachable windows far from the doors (or what I mean will happen even faster), like in that building behind the eletric thing, so we can have a good view and equilibrate gameplay :
People outside have an advantage over those who wants to go outside, but people at the windows haves a clean field of view and an advantage to campers/doorkillers.

Edit: Also try to make sync'd devices to make some lifts, they are faster than ladders.
Edited by bourrin33 on Jun 25, 2012 at 06:28 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 06:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 42       
Ok thanks

i will try to make some alternative exits and and entrances. But instead of ladders what about air vents from fans? I mean to acted as gravity lifts.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 06:48 AM    Msg. 5 of 42       
Ok thanks

i will try to make some alternative exits and and entrances. But instead of ladders what about air vents from fans? I mean to acted as gravity lifts.

As you want until it's fast :D
I'm not pro at BSP tho. Also something that seels to be a good idea to me : Try to make the roof of the indoors high, if they are not already. Also it's to protect from deflagrations lol

KingFisher

Creativity is the main element of level design.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 06:59 AM    Msg. 6 of 42       
How about Artemis?

The Olympian goddess of several things involving life. Mostly the creator of different diseases.

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 12:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: KingFisher
How about Artemis?

The Olympian goddess of several things involving life. Mostly the creator of different diseases.

Hades.

The Olympian god of the dead, which in case is like Zombies because they're living dead.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 12:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 42       
I think it should be Garden of Death.

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 12:59 PM    Msg. 9 of 42       
The Garden of Good and Evil?

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jun 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

TM_updates

Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 01:22 PM    Msg. 10 of 42       
Lodeman's Garden

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 02:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 42       
The Mill

1337_h4x0r

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 02:43 PM    Msg. 12 of 42       
How about Bio Weapons Proving Ground?

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 02:52 PM    Msg. 13 of 42       
How about a Latin name?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 05:06 PM    Msg. 14 of 42       
How about the "Electrical maintenance Office" ?

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 05:15 PM    Msg. 15 of 42       
"Cheddar's Mousetrap Infection"

P3

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 06:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
-They chop off their husbands head.

Which head...? (|:.) Nah just kidding.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 08:25 PM    Msg. 17 of 42       
"Cheddar's House of infected tralalala's"

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 09:26 PM    Msg. 18 of 42       
Ooh,how about Infected Cheese or Green Cheddar?

P3

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 09:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 42       
How about.... "CheddarCheese's greenandinfectedzombiemapwithanlectricalmaintenanceasred teamsbasewith laddersonthewallandan officeasblueteamsbasewiththe officeremindingmeofthemovieoffice spacebecausehalohassomethingtodowithspaceand withbuildingcontinuesdownwardswithagiantliftabovethemap"? How about that as the name? :D Or maybe just Cheddar's infection map. Or Red Vs Blue infection. Infection Red Vs Blue. Or The Infection. Or maybe even name it, "Amapthathasnonamebecause icouldn'tthinkofonethatisgood,butit's aninfection mapandit'scool.... " Or or, name it..... Map.... Maybe simply name it Infection. Can i get credit for the name if you use any of these? :D
Edited by Dennis on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 10:25 PM    Msg. 20 of 42       
Name it Zombie Apocolypse Motorcross demoltion v2.585x10^-3

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 04:36 AM    Msg. 21 of 42       

Potplants (hehe)

I was thinking of "Infection: Electrify" or "City of the dead" in japanese which would be "shi no toshi (if i make the city have a japanese feel to it).
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 26, 2012 at 04:41 AM

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:16 AM    Msg. 22 of 42       
The building itself doesn't have a japense-esque structure. I'm sure something else would sound better. I prefer using one or two word names.

LegionofShadows

The Red Pill is strong in this one.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:19 AM    Msg. 23 of 42       
High Contamination?

Lofty Outbreak?

Corporate Contamination?

Quarantine? Nah, that sounds cheesy.
Edited by LegionofShadows on Jun 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM

diablo_1422

Is a noob, and will probably will be a noob always

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 09:53 AM    Msg. 24 of 42       
I'm thinkin' you can name it some random word that you would make up or something... like -

Gaiachondria?

Telpora?

Hondecho?

Pangaea? (lol)

Pandora? (lol again)

I also have some other names you can use:

Isolation (halo 3)

Delta-Charlie

Forerunner Zulu? :\

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 05:51 PM    Msg. 25 of 42       
"City of the dead" in japanese which would be "shi no toshi (if i make the city have a japanese feel to it).

shinda no machi. Idk if toshi is an alternate reading to 町, but that kanji means town, and it reads machi. And you wanted "dead" yet you merely stated death. shi has no time frame alocated with it. By making it shinda, you make it a past death, although its a verb, so its not the form of death you where interested in (a noun; your referring to the dead as an object).. hmmm.. I'm tempted to say k.o.r.o.s.h.i.t.e. (apparently halomaps censors hate japanese *shrug*) 殺して, but that's even further off.. hmm.. Oh, isnt it zetsumei? 絶命 Because mei is from the kanji for life, cant think off the top of my head what the zetsu kanji is, but it reverses things (turning life into death, hope into dispair)

(PS, are you people learning? you better be learning)

XlzQwerty1

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 05:59 PM    Msg. 26 of 42       
I see you dabbled into japanese quite a lot kirby.

I don't know much japanese but I do know chinese so how about SiwangChengshi (死亡城市) ? Literally translates into dead(ly) city or death city.

Or aside from that, how about naming the map "Cadaverous" for an english name?
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Jun 26, 2012 at 05:59 PM

Muscl3r

dont pray 4 easy lives...pray to be STRONGER MEN

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 02:33 AM    Msg. 27 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I think it should be Garden of Death.

Garten der Untoten
(Garden of the undead)
Edited by Muscl3r on Jun 27, 2012 at 02:33 AM

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 04:16 AM    Msg. 28 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
"City of the dead" in japanese which would be "shi no toshi (if i make the city have a japanese feel to it).

shinda no machi. Idk if toshi is an alternate reading to 町, but that kanji means town, and it reads machi. And you wanted "dead" yet you merely stated death. shi has no time frame alocated with it. By making it shinda, you make it a past death, although its a verb, so its not the form of death you where interested in (a noun; your referring to the dead as an object).. hmmm.. I'm tempted to say k.o.r.o.s.h.i.t.e. (apparently halomaps censors hate japanese *shrug*) 殺して, but that's even further off.. hmm.. Oh, isnt it zetsumei? 絶命 Because mei is from the kanji for life, cant think off the top of my head what the zetsu kanji is, but it reverses things (turning life into death, hope into dispair)

(PS, are you people learning? you better be learning)[/iquote]

True. thats why it came up as town of the teeth for some reason in google translate. I must use my japanese more instead of using translate >.> shinemasu is to die so yeah.

hitari ni magate kudasai

please turn left

Piroto ni naritai desu

i want to become a pilot

boku no chinko wa okii desune!

I wont explain this one

Edited by Cheddars on Jun 27, 2012 at 04:24 AM
Edited by Cheddars on Jun 27, 2012 at 06:49 AM

DarkHalo003

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 12:23 PM    Msg. 29 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

(PS, are you people learning? you better be learning)

I love Japanese. I'm actually learning it right now. How long have you been studying?

Cheddars, I'd definitely suggest waiting until your map is done before giving it a title. That way you can accurately give it one based off of the works you put into it.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 01:40 PM    Msg. 30 of 42       
"Shinda-no-machi" actually translates to "the town of the died" (which makes no sense, grammatically.)
"Zetsumei-no-toshi" sounds cool, too, but I think that name's too long for those of us who don't know Japanese.

On the other hand, "shinu" and "shi" (infinitive forms of "to die") can just stay as it is. "~no toshi" literally means "the capital of~", so I think "shi-no-toshi" fits better. Plus, it sounds like that COD Zombies map, too.

I think one-word map names might be nice, too. Like "gyakusatsu" (虐殺, massacre), "tohrima" (通り魔, serial killer/street killer) or "matenrou" (摩天楼, skyscraper), maybe.

-Sorry, Japanese is my first language, so yeah.

If you'd like me to help you make some Japanese texts, I'd be happy to do so!
Edited by renegade343 on Jun 27, 2012 at 01:46 PM
Edited by renegade343 on Jun 27, 2012 at 01:47 PM

P3

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 02:40 PM    Msg. 31 of 42       
Is anyone here even asian? \:D I am, but i wish i knew Japanese. I'm something else.... But ah...Why a Japanese name if it's not in Japan or, is it supposedly a Japanese building?

renegade343

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 03:05 PM    Msg. 32 of 42       
It could be Japanese? Most modern buildings there don't look like pagodas and Buddhist temples, you know? -It'd be interesting to see Halo buildings in other parts of Earth too, since Kenya's the only place that's introduced in-game. (and for books, comics etc. -Ross Island and Cleveland. Really?)

-and yeah, I'm 100% Asian.

But back to this: it's a nice start, but I'd really like to see the inside of the building before I make a full comment/criticism about it. Don't disappoint me~!

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 05:09 PM    Msg. 33 of 42       
hitari ni magate kudasai

please turn left

Piroto ni naritai desu

i want to become a pilot

boku no chinko wa okii desune!

I wont explain this one

1) hidari, ひだり, 左
2)pirotto, ピロット (you want more emphasis on the T to downgrade the o sound)
3)ookii, おおきい、大きい
違うよう。小さなちんちんだよね。
僕が大きいおっぱいであるでも僕が男だよ。(Hmmm.. non-living! lolwut. the good grammar!)
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
I love Japanese. I'm actually learning it right now. How long have you been studying?

I studied for like 3 years, but the classes sucked, the teacher never paid any attention to the class (Darn you highschool). If your teacher doesn't care, you can just learn all the sentance structures, verb translations, etc. and then just watch raw anime, you'll learn like magic (other than kanji.. darn you kanji!) Get some kanji from your japanese music, just read the CD case, you'll slowly gather more (I can read far more kanji than I can write)
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
"Shinda-no-machi" actually translates to "the town of the died" (which makes no sense, grammatically.)
I had already mentioned it was a verb, so that wasn't very good lol (that's why I continued into other words)

OTAKU, UNITE!

P3

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 06:01 PM    Msg. 34 of 42       
Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
It could be Japanese? Most modern buildings there don't look like pagodas and Buddhist temples, you know? -It'd be interesting to see Halo buildings in other parts of Earth too, since Kenya's the only place that's introduced in-game. (and for books, comics etc. -Ross Island and Cleveland. Really?)

-and yeah, I'm 100% Asian.

But back to this: it's a nice start, but I'd really like to see the inside of the building before I make a full comment/criticism about it. Don't disappoint me~!

Yes i know they don't look like that now, but i mean.... Japanese building, as in made by Japan...Or something like that.... You know what i mean right? -_- It's just that there really is no point in giving a map a Japanese name for no reason at all.

renegade343

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 06:59 PM    Msg. 35 of 42       
Yeah, I mean, I get what you mean; I agree that "Japan"'s not the first word that comes to mind when you look at that... But maybe more details and textures'll change that?
(or as far as we know, the building could be covered in pink with purple ponies. Who knows?)

We'll just have to see, right?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 4:45 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website